Hello everyone. We have a series of changes planned for our December release to discuss today. These changes follow up on the reductions in isotope volume and moon material volume released in Lifeblood last month.
Combined these changes work towards the following goals:
- Increase the economic friction associated with capital ship deployments and jump freighter hauling
- Stimulate the ice product markets which would otherwise suffer from lower starbase usage
- Improve the balance of ice product consumption (increased isotope and liquid ozone consumption relative to heavy water consumption)
- Easier trade of high value reacted intermediate materials for T2 production (with the goal of nullsec regions being largely self-sufficient by volume but encouraging trade of lower-volume goods)
- Somewhat reducing the pain that can be caused by heavy jump drive usage and high stacked jump fatigue values
To organize the feedback I’ll split the changes into three related forum threads:
This will serve as the discussion thread for the planned changes to fuel block manufacturing requirements
The changes to fuel blocks we have planned for December are:
- Doubling the amount of liquid ozone required to build all four block types (from 167 to 350 per batch)
- Small tweaks to the heavy water and isotope consumption as well primarily to round off the numbers and make math easier for people (167 -> 170 water and 444 -> 450 isotopes)
The end result of this change will be liquid ozone consumption that better matches the universe-wide ozone production, and less significant bottlenecks in ice product consumption.
These changes are now on Sisi for you to try out, so I encourage everyone to take a look and let us know what you think.