Hello everyone. We have a series of changes planned for our December release to discuss today. These changes follow up on the reductions in isotope volume and moon material volume released in Lifeblood last month.
Combined these changes work towards the following goals:
- Increase the economic friction associated with capital ship deployments and jump freighter hauling
- Stimulate the ice product markets which would otherwise suffer from lower starbase usage
- Improve the balance of ice product consumption (increased isotope and liquid ozone consumption relative to heavy water consumption)
- Easier trade of high value reacted intermediate materials for T2 production (with the goal of nullsec regions being largely self-sufficient by volume but encouraging trade of lower-volume goods)
- Somewhat reducing the pain that can be caused by heavy jump drive usage and high stacked jump fatigue values
To organize the feedback I’ll split the changes into three related forum threads:
- Increases in jump drive fuel consumption and reduction in the maximum jump fatigue cap.
- Increase in liquid ozone required to build fuel blocks
- Reduction in the volume of T2 intermediate materials (This thread)
This will serve as the discussion thread for the planned changes to T2 intermediate material volumes
The changes to intermediate materials we have planned for December are:
- 80% reduction in the volume of all non-alchemy T2 intermediate materials (everything other than the “unrefined” stuff)
The end result of this change should be easier trade of T2 reacted materials across regions, which is especially important as some T2 moon materials are regionally distributed to encourage trade.
These changes will be on Sisi very soon for you to try out, so I encourage everyone to take a look and let us know what you think.