Defensive tactics for Industrials?

pssst who plays eve online to actually fly with other people? they dont even want to do that in pvp lol

Leeeeeroy. J-uh-ennnnnnnkiiiins

As soon as someone sees a mobile depot in LS it will get scanned down and bookmarked.

1 Like

Most PI haulers I shoot go for the cheap option. If they get caught, they drop their PI mats back into the POCO and take their losses.

While I prefer to dump the Pi as noted.

I found a cheaper fit that is stronger both stabs and tank. So Iā€™d like to save my ship. If only for the win lol.

Well the crossover is making a compromise between the defensive options.

• MWD + Cloak
  • Fast align
  • Warp stabs
  • Tank

As in everything in EVE, there is no ā€˜bestā€™ fit, but you can try to fit as many of these on your industrial in a way that you think is optimal.

Sure, you can use a mobile depot and fit it all, but then you introduce another weakness in your travel method, which is the point where you refit in space, so I personally would skip that. Also Iā€™m too lazy to refit for the amount of ISK I carry around. Maybe if I had more risk Iā€™d try to do that.

Anyway, a ā€˜station to stationā€™ fit needs nothing of the above as long as thereā€™s no bubble in between the stations. Gate to station fit could use MWD/cloak if your ship is a slow aligner, or intertial + warp stabs if it can align fast, but either of these two methods gets caught by camping interdictors.

Which brings me to another point. Where do you want to use these ā€˜defensive tacticsā€™? Null sec? Then worry about bubbles. High sec? Ignore everything and just put a lot of tank on it and donā€™t carry too much. Low sec? I guess MWD/cloak would be great there without bubbles.

Anyway, I think my industrial I used for PI when I was still bothering to keep my planets up to date was fit for fast align, fast warp speed, few warp stabs, a cloak and rest with tank. It was used in reasonably ā€˜safeā€™ null sec space where my best bet is to finish hauling quick or cloak up when hostiles show up.

Love it! I rarely fly with offline modules, but Iā€™ll keep the cap booster + offline modules in mind next time I try to create a fit that needs to do more than fits. :smiley:

1 Like

How do you swap offline modules in flight tho? You cant right?

Not swapping them. But you can turn offline modules on in flight, as long as you have 95% cap. And thatā€™s where the cap booster idea from @Solecist_Project comes in handy, because it allows you to turn on multiple modules at once, instead of waiting for your cap to come back up.

So if you have a spare high slot but not the CPU/powergrid for it, you can for example put a cloak in it and turn it online any time you need it (and turn some other mod off).

1 Like

Interesting, with an epi not sure this will matter because its PG and slots are such garbage.

This could be good great for a tanked out nereus?

I wished the Mammoth and the Bestower had a HP and fitting buff, right now I am even afraid to undock with just 20m in cargo from how frail it is.

Then why use it?

Where does it say that? Is that a rule? Oh youā€™d WANT it that way, that is something entirely different. Thatā€™s like saying a PVE fit should be able to beat a PVP fit ship. There is no ā€œbestā€ fit, there is only a best fit for a specific situation.

Scout it, be friends with the locals, accept the risk or donā€™t and donā€™t be there. Those are your options.

Either youā€™re new to this thread or completely misunderstood.

It should be workable because you have good fits, good tactics, and fly right.

Not out of some entitlement of access.

I think it is.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.