Delivering PvP content through Agency and Resource Wars

first of all, I do NOT share your Cyber-bully vision of EVE Online, or any game for that matter. :roll_eyes:

Second, the OP makes a request for “Balanced, Competitive” pvp.
Where 1) parties know an encounter is about to happen.
2) parties are playing by the same ground rules, on a level playing field.
3) Parties are in ships of equal strength
and most importanly
4) parties are in ships of equal value.

Above all, Most importantly and emphatically the Cyber-Bullies that play EVE Online and dominant the EVE Online forums do NOT want Balanced, Competitive pvp or gameplay!

And, as long as “High Sec” exists EVE Online is NOT a 'true sandbox" … its NOT a sandbox at all!

1 Like

No …

/headdesk
/headdesk
/headdesk

EvE players may never fully agree about what EvE is about, but you’re the first one I’ve heard, Alpha, that has this idea that EvE isn’t about competition.

Players can argue about their own definition of PVP 'til the cows come home - many threads have been lost to the drama of this argument, but competition for resources, space, reputation, and even entertainment, is part of the core of EvE. This includes trying to avoid hostilities and even cooperation in that players often work together in order to better compete.

The second tenet is EvE’s open social system. There are very, very few rules about what you are and are not allowed to do - with the understanding that every decision a player makes has some sort of consequence attached - sometimes on the player, sometimes on someone else, and usually both.

CCP said here are the few rules we have - follow those, and have fun creating or destroying whatever… we’re curious to see what you will do. The existence of HS is just one of those rules. Not all sandboxes are entirely empty of structure - creative minds will either dig around the rocks, or incorporate them into their designs.

–Gadget pours one out for all the lost threads

2 Likes

Are you CCP Falcon? At it again, making the most easily disproved and outlandishly ridiculous statements about EVE Online in the hopes that at least a few suckers will believe it???

Sorry, I’ll sit this round of “Puh-Tay-Toe — Pah-Taa-Tah” out.

1 Like

EvE is a sandbox. It is not a open world, no holds barred sandbox like ARK or 7Days… but it is a sandbox. And perhaps one of the first sci-fi space sandbox games that is out there.

Yes there are safe zones… well kind of safe zones. High sec is safe from random attacks without some kind of NPC reprisal. But even with that there is still ways around it. EVE is a game where you can play it your way. Which is the definition of a sandbox. You can sit in the station and trade ALL day and NEVER leave… or you can go out and hunt other players in low and null sec till the server shuts down. Or you can do any combination of styles…

You can become the universes greatest super spy… which some have done. You could become the greatest thief…which some have done and made the news over… or you could become the leader of one of the biggest “badguy” fleets in existence. All of these things are roles that can be done in EVE.

So to say this isn’t a sandbox, tells me you have no clue what a sandbox is.

3 Likes

Typical. :nerd_face:
Some people will spout the same pre-programmed, pre-conceived idea no matter how many times it is disproved by experience! And of course along with their preconceptions goes a preconceived narrative as well, which they will continue to spout and believe no matter how many times the core ideas upon which it is based are disproved!

HIGH-SEC does NOT prevent “random attacks”! GANKING, Suicide Ganking and Gate-Camping occur so frequently in HIGH-SEC that they are ubiquitous!
What “High-Sec” does do is it 'prevents one player that has fallen for the lie of “high-Security” from taking steps to defend himself!

Let me put it this way, since you, and CCP Falcon, and so many others are having such a hard time with it.
—NO CONSISTENT, COHERENT DESCRIPTION OF EVE ONLINE CAN BE GIVEN SO LONG AS HIGH-SEC EXISTS.—

EVE Online is NOT a sandbox, because High-Sec establishes rules which “PREVENT” players from … and so forth
EVE Online is NOT a pvp game, because High-Sec establishes a set of rules which “PREVENT”… and so forth
EVE Online is NOT a ‘cut-throat’ game because HIGH SEC …
… because HIGH SEC …
BECAUSE HIGH SEC …

because High Sec

1 Like

Why is that?

You know that high sec only makes up about 1/5th of all the star systems in EVE, right? Not to mention that high sec is cutting people’s throats way more than null sec or low sec because mist people in high sec don’t have to follow the same alliance or coalition leader like sheep.

–Amused Gadget

1 Like

Wait what? You are contradicting yourself with these statements.

Is not a PVP game, yet there IS PVP in game… That is both consensual and non-consensual. There is PVP in high sec, corp vs corp, and FW fights that happing in high sec areas… Hell look at my zkillboard you can see I have died in Jita which is a .9 system. I have also killed in Rens… which is a .9 system.

Both of which concord left me alone.

Then there is the sandbox element, nothing is telling me I have to do any missions or follow any set skill set to become a leet tank warrior. Nope… I have skills in Logi, Exploration, Assault, and Recon ships. There is nothing keeping me from doing what ever I want, when I want with my skill set.

Now as for the rest of the nonsense you are spouting.

EVE is NOT a cut throat game… LOL I dont think I remember anyone claiming that. It is a PVP game, it can get pretty ruthless at times, but it isnt cut-throat. Well maybe the markets in Jita can get pretty ugly… but that is a different level of PVP.

Just because there isnt twitch based uberflex kilzors going around doesnt mean there isnt PVP.

There is a WHOLE website that says you are wrong.

Perhaps you heard of it.

FYI, it was CCP Falcon who described EVE as “cut-throat” (my paraphrase.) But, the next time I make a few snide remarks about his grasp on … let’s say, EVE, … I’ll be sure to cite you as an authority that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

As to the whole “Puh-Tay-Toe — Pah-Taa-Tah” argument,
I
AM
OUT!

1 Like

FW sites would be fine with accel gates in high sec. Just implement the idea that CCP had a while back on making any player a suspect when entering through the accel gate and youd have all the pvp content youd like. To prevent farming on the beacon make the accel gate mechanics spit you out at a larger radius than the 5km bubble it is now which gives uncertainty to those camping inside.

Another class would be open warps like the FW larges but they would be Dscan immune as if someone had dropped a scan inhibitor at the center. You can warp in at any range but you cant tell if someones there.

2 Likes

So, PvP players complain how they waste time roaming around looking for others to do solo or small gang fights when all they usually find is ships out of their hull class and or overpowered blob fleets

OP comes up with an idea to help promote solo / small gang PvP in High Sec and all of a sudden out comes the torches and pitchforks.

Simply hilarious.

1 Like

It’s almost like not all EvE players think alike.

How novel. :expressionless:

–Bemused Gadget

3 Likes

Oh wow, aren’t you the fatuous one.

:rofl:

That’s tough. Maybe just move on then?

Because this approach is the CCP vision and the foundation of EVE. This might help:

Can you please stop trying to change what EVE is and what it is intended to be? The fact that you don’t like it doesn’t give you the right to demand changing it and ruining it for everyone who do like it.

o/

1 Like

Do I seem like someone who hasn’t heard the Golden Rules of EVE Online???
Rule #1 Always fly your Blingiest ship, fit for PVE, so we can gank you in our cheap, disposable ships.
Rule #2 is NOT don’t Store what you can’t afford to lose.
Rule #3 High Security don’t mean no High Security, I don’t know where you get that from! High Security means you consent to get ganked!

And it amazes me these days that Adults can actually say “High Security don’t mean High Security” and are completely oblivious to what they just said!
I BET YOU CAN’T EVEN READ THAT SENTENCE!

But, what amazes me the most is that so many EVE Online players consistently accuse me of “Demanding Changes” and/or “Trying to change” EVE Online. ARE YOU EVEN READING WHAT I POST???

1 Like

It is hard to read what you post when you have sentence clumps like that.

And I am not sure if this is sarcasm or ignorance.

1 Like

^
try that.
or, go back to the school you graduated from and demand a REFUND.

1 Like

You seem mad kid. Sorry you don’t understand that you need to double space after a sentence. It isn’t that complex, I believe you should read your link first.

I admit I am not that good at the written English form, even though it is my native tongue. But I also learned 2 languages at the same time when I was younger so I get things confused easy.

1 Like

Don’t bother replying, all they’re trying to do is goad you into doing personal attacks. Just make your reply with a flag on their troll remarks.