Dev Blog: A closer look at the CSM 13 voting numbers

Thanks for the reply, appreciated. You are right, calling it a “trip” made it sound as if I didn’t appreciate the work CSM are putting in. I do, so thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

I guess I’m just a bit salty because without the vote-buying we’d have a 2nd Lowsec and PVP mechanics expert with Tikktokk on the CSM. Alas, I’ll keep an eye out for the discussions and if vote buying stays a thing, I hope you guys offer a PLEX sale next year around the elections.

2 Likes

The CSM minutes are normally published, where the NDA does not apply. You, or anyone, could gather evidence that a member of the CSM was not executing their job in good faith and bring attention to it.

I have not been a stickler for this, but I have occasionally perused the meeting minutes and have not seen anything of the sort. I would be interested in reading it, should anyone be able to find it.

The Goonswarm Federation has been in Eve a very long time. I don’t know exactly how long, but if it was their ultimate plan to bring down Eve, they’re taking an awful long time to see it through. I see a lot of jealousy over the Delve region, but not a lot of explanation for why the game makes this achievable only for them, so I am skeptical that the game favors them to any significant degree from a mechanics standpoint.

The Goonswarm Federation is an antagonist to many of us, and we do love to hate people who’re doing better in a competitive game than ourselves. Sometimes, though, better to lift ourselves up than try to bring another down.

2 Likes

Not holding all candidates to the same standards is a joke. It is crazy that their number 1 candidate can have been censored for racism by ccp but not be removed.

@CCP_Guard any comments on if CCP is investigating racism perpetuated by Aryth on these very forums?

1 Like

Too many players from same alliance/corp.

I think CSM could limit that in next election.

lol some of you take this “vote” way to Seriously it’s just a game no real world implications guys .

Agree, the CSM should contain not only NS citizens places, can CCP add static places for high-sec, low-sec, wh representatives and other places can be voted as on CSM13(we know this places will be occupied by goons :slight_smile: )

In theory this is a good idea, in practice goons would take all the seats they want anyway because of voting discipline.

Why we CCP would need lowsec seat when don’t develope anything connected do lowsec?

Point of CSM should be: CCP show them stuff they want to introduce and they gave feedback about it with playerbase cooperation. The end.

There is no way to CSM not be biased because candidates came from organised, thousands players nullsec alliances. As far I was trying to keep up with what CSM does all over the years I hardly feel they are playerbase representatives. It’s was CCP claim, and it’s true, it’s easier to talk with 10 people than 1000 but that’s it.

And my concerns about biased nullsec point of view are not unfounded. Some time ago CCP asked CSM what lowsec should be. One of CSM answered that is should be staging point for nullsec. Guess from what space he came from?

Stop pretending that not voting does not work. This election shows that it does - in terms of escalating things and generating additional non-voters. In the long term growing numbers of non-voters might lead to reform or to removal of the CSM. Explain how CSM in its current form is better than risking no CSM at all to address non-voters.

1 Like

If CSM could be toppled, what would be the tools to do that? Provocation maybe? :thinking:

But when I see how Judge is seling votes and CCP doesnt ban him from candidating, like that would be some democrating and honest way to use farms of alts to get into the sit, I dont think CCP would care even if Judge would start paying CCP devs from some RMT money under the table to influence gameplay changes.

1 Like

Ok…

images

3 Likes

Thanks, but I have my own.
https://forums.eveonline.com/uploads/short-url/cYFpxTZp4dyIyNN8LUgo2IalVu2.jpg

Had to protect myself from goon spins.

2 Likes

ccp guard or William McMaster Murdoch, there is a question ???

Internet Spaceship Councils are Serious Business!

Are’nt the stats a good way to determine wether a player is a null seccer or a high seccer? Percentile of npc/pvp kills in each location being published (not actual isk made, just a graph of proportions) could be a good way to determine where a player is located…
But i can understand that quotas could be troublesome.

We could go down that road for sure…but I just think all these criteria and decisions are better made by the voters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we vote invalid or do not check any of the candidates?

Lets include a vote to stop with organizing CSMs.

1 Like

Technically we could add that option, yes.

Why?

I voted for him, and I didn’t receive a single isk (or multiples :)" or any other rl cash in any form.

So why would my vote be invalidated by you wanting him banned?

You should ask Judge for some spare change.