Dev blog: Balance Changes Coming In The March Release

If I’m honest I don’t know what speed T1 Indies warp at, but them warping at 3 AU/s seems fine. I just don’t think anything should go below that outside of capitals who have non-gate-based option.

Not using ships because you know you’re going to have to go through 20 jumps of someone’s territory to find a fight and doing that in a BS will take 50%+ longer than in a Cruiser, I’ve never timed it (which is why I’m reasoning it out on the forums over just putting It to ccp) but it feels like a long roam in BS adds 30-40 mins to travel time, which is ungodly. I’m ok with the other ships having an advantage - even a significant one - but it’s more a QoL issue for me.

Good note, I’m a CSM, I’m not CCP.

Default indy warp speed is 3AU.

Im not opposed to warp speed changes, i just think that scan res/sensor strength is something id like them to focus on more. Warp speed is easy to work with. Having worse than dread level (in some cases) scan res is unacceptable and not fun waiting 20s to lock a frigate. A carrier can blap a battleship before it even has a chance to lock fighters to attempt to reduce incoming dps.

2 Likes

I feel like Warp Speed is a constraining factor, whereas scan res is a combat balancing factor. Both would be buffs that make you more likely to use BS, but warp speed doesn’t make them stronger, just easier to use.

1 Like

Wait what? You should remember better than me that they were faster and maneuverable and people cry a lot about it and nerf hammer came. After that BS became useless. Make them slow doesn’t mean they supposed to be, right?

1 Like

No objections there. Faster warp speed would make them more flexible and easier to roam in. It wont change the inherent dynamics of battleship pvp (all other ships will still warp faster than you), but will make roaming a little quicker.

I just dont want that to be all CCP hears, as warp speed is the thing that is mentioned the most but has the least influence on how battleships fight.

Id like to see a buff to scan res (25mm for most BS) and sensor strength. Letting t1 have current navy faction SS and then buffing faction by 20%.

Then once the dust settles, we can see which battleships need more specific refinements to traits/slot layouts.

1 Like

I’d like to see how these changes impact them before jumping at buffing them again. Call me cautious but I think they’ll be fairly strong with these buffs, at least in the Fleet context. Roaming is another matter though.

Sure, thats reasonable. If CCP keeps on making minor iterations like they are doing with this patch then i can hope for at least the scan res changes in the future once we see how these buffs improve things.

I still feel the rokh and scorp navy having less sig resolution than a naglfar, moros, revelation and on par with the niddy is a bit silly, but i can understand minor tweaks and seeing how things change.

1 Like

…and only three years after saying this over and over the rest of mankind catches on.

You haven’t been on the CSM at the time but you may remember me saying this in the now old forums - and everyone with a pitchfork and a torch after my head for even proposing it.

May I laugh now for being right?

1 Like

It’s the same for most idea’s: “But that won’t suit the meta” -_-

No changes ‘suit the meta’. The meta adapts. vOv

That’s just how it goes.

1 Like

Exactly.

so ill just slide this here for the devs. when will you make PVE more engaging. when will we get NEW content? Balance is good and all… thank you btw… but you know eve is getting pretty stale.

We got new content last year,

• Null sec Pirate Shipyards
  • NPC mining teams
  • High sec Forward Operating Bases
  • Resource Wars

All PvE content. Just not the PvE content anyone asked for, or (given the numbers of people doing these) not the PvE content anyone is doing.

2 Likes

We got new rat AI as well which effects all PvE :]

I think what he means, as I’ve found in my previous discussions with casual PvE players is;

"I want more stuff like missions that are roughly the same difficulty, but more random, take less than an hour, and pay competitively with Incursions. "

But he’d also probably be ok with adding some more solid L4 missions to the pool that point to some of the new lore and mix up the formula enough to feel fresh, without being like Burners. Which is a much more reasonable request and one I think most would agree with, including myself.

4 Likes

The reason this high level PVE is not used consistently is it high level PVE with aside from pirate shipyards mediocre or just bad rewards when compared with the current high level PVE baseline (incursions). Resource wars do have an objective for a reward but once you get all the skins why do it any more, same with NPC miners, once you get all the skins why repeat. Also with the NPC miners, want to ever mine afk in a belt in the future, then better not do it because they will shoot you once your standings drop.

And that isn’t because of the content, but because of the reward structure the content uses. Seriously, it’s been said dozens of times over in the various threads about those specific items that people would be doing them, but the rewards just aren’t worth it.

It’s bad rewards. Consider the Pirate Shipyards: either you use 4 titans, or you use a fleet of 200. For that… 3 people get loot? Maybe? After 2 different fleets?

Imagine a WoW raid where the only mob that drops anything is the raid boss, and he drops 1 random piece of 1 of 8 random sets. Nobody’s gonna do that raid. (Edit: Yep, Onyxia and Magtheridon (among others) followed that pattern. And dropped 3 set pieces + other loot, for 40 (and then 25) people. 5 out of 40? 5 out of 25? vs 3 out of 200?)

Yup so would I. I think that if CCP just added 1 or 2 missions each expansion / patch and committed to that (spread across agent levels and factions) then there would be a lot of happy high sec PvE’ers.

Yup you are right

Yup again, I myself have said this several times.

I think you guys mis-read my post, or I just wrote it badly (most probable). My post was intended as some what of an ironic / sarcastic … “but look!!!” “we gave you high sec pve and you want MORE!” kind of thing.

Yeah, I’ll work on that.

1 Like

Exactly that is what I would like too. There is a new-ish storyline mission that is similarly random as Dread Pirate Scarlet level 4. I’m always down for something like this.

If at some point level 4 missions would be equally random or just had different / random spawns and spawn locations, that is quite enough.