Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

official
devblog

(Nana Skalski) #2195

It is a really big incentive to change game to meet PA’s financial goals. But of course when these goals are unachievable in current shape of a game/games.

They bet on releasing Project Nova?

(Salvos Rhoska) #2196

The incentive/pressure is huge.
Its all hands on deck and balls to the wall for CCP to get this bonus.
Paradoxically, staff at CCP will probably be working harder than ever before now to ensure they get this payoff.

This is no longer about just game development, its about very serious cash.

(Predvodnica LSG) #2197

You are missed big on basic psychology.

It is obvious that you are a proactive competitive type and you have some odd expectations from the game. Your main problem is that you think all other people like you and have the same wishes and expectations. Surprise, not all people like you and do not want all the same things, therefore the basic premise of your post is wrong.

(Ramona McCandless) #2198

Sorry man, you just arent getting it.

The so called grind in EvE is the part I enjoy. There’s plenty of engaging content for only a small isk outlay.

This is the part they will totally get rid of to make it p2w.

(Salvos Rhoska) #2199

You will still have the choice to grind, instead of pay cash, or vice versa, just as you do now.

(Ramona McCandless) #2200

An illusion of choice is not the same thing.

(Salvos Rhoska) #2201

Its not illusory, its concrete.

Even today in EVE, right now, you dont have to grind for anything if you instead buy PLEX from CCP, sell it for isk, and buy what you need off the market.

Whether you grind or pay cash, is up to you, and is a real choice.

(Predvodnica LSG) #2202

Ironically staff at CCP will probably be working harder than ever and this pay off will go to owners: VC and Hillmar :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

(Rivr Luzade) #2203

It is not. Right now someone has to grind so that you can buy stuff on the market for RL cash. If that need for ingame grinding was to be removed because the PAS offers ships and fitting for RL cash, the choice would then be a farce.

(Salvos Rhoska) #2204

This already exists for cash in EVE with starter packs, buddy program etc.

(Rivr Luzade) #2205

Yes, another precedent.

(Jeremiah Saken) #2206

Problems caused by SP trading overshadow the netto gain by it (bots in carriers made in a single day), do you seriously think it was made for the newbies? There are supers fleet by default in NS. CCP made a serious cash on the flawed ingame mechanic. I don’t even want the SP I’m currently learning, yet I still have to be omega to use them. It’s how they monetize the game in a way it’s cause problems.

You can burn RL money for ISK and roll modules all day, not spending single minute undocking. I can’t burn RL money for ISK and roll a module from a overseer wreck because I NEED to undock to play RNG mechanism on overseer wreck. If you don’t understand the difference there is no point explaning it. They monetize another aspect. It’s how cash bringed into the game affect it and the player actions. They made an incentive that modules can be rolled into officers one and players fall into it, ofc the main reason was that it suppose to shake stale pvp meta :rofl: it was for money, you gambling idiots.

(Nevyn Auscent) #2207

Starter packs have been around about as long as Plex have. I don’t think a single fitted frigate is exactly a big deal and they’ve never shown any creep of scope.

(Jeremiah Saken) #2208

I disagree, most F2P games has build option to not pay but play and grind more, EvE is not different, I grind for PLEX and not spend single penny for almost 5 years, not to mention most activities I do in-game bring me huge amount of ISK I have no idea what to with other than stash PLEX, I’m already subbed for next year with stash for another one, and I’m dirty casual.

(Ramona McCandless) #2209

At the moment you can easily go from Magnate to Anathema to Stratios for example without spend any real money except on your sub.

Once p2w is fully in place that will change. They will make it so you need to grind 20 times more sites to earn the isk.

Literally possible? Yes
Entertaining? No

Thats what I mean.

(Ramona McCandless) #2210

Thats pretty much what I said.

Its changing that to make the grind utterly impractical that I fear.

(Nana Skalski) #2211

Hmm, then introduce some boosts like for magic find of sort? :thinking:

(Salvos Rhoska) #2212
  1. What do you mean by “P2W is fully in place”?

2. You are confusing the reward/risk of content, with what a player can afford by grinding. 5yrs ago I could PLEX two accounts per month from casually running HS DEDs with a subbed Cynabal. I went from Rifter, to Thrasher, to Rupture, to Hurricane, to Cynabal. That is no longer possible, as DED module market dropped by 1/3-1/2, and cost of PLEX in ISK tripled.

(Ramona McCandless) #2213

If you dont think that trend is influenced by factors other than the players, there is no purpose to this discussion.

(Salvos Rhoska) #2214

The trend already exists, concretely, as fact.

The concerns you have are already real and present in EVE.

The illusion here is of your own making, in that you dont realize its already a reality in EVE.

EVE is already a F2P/P2W/P2A game.