Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

This already exists for cash in EVE with starter packs, buddy program etc.

1 Like

Yes, another precedent.

Problems caused by SP trading overshadow the netto gain by it (bots in carriers made in a single day), do you seriously think it was made for the newbies? There are supers fleet by default in NS. CCP made a serious cash on the flawed ingame mechanic. I don’t even want the SP I’m currently learning, yet I still have to be omega to use them. It’s how they monetize the game in a way it’s cause problems.

You can burn RL money for ISK and roll modules all day, not spending single minute undocking. I can’t burn RL money for ISK and roll a module from a overseer wreck because I NEED to undock to play RNG mechanism on overseer wreck. If you don’t understand the difference there is no point explaning it. They monetize another aspect. It’s how cash bringed into the game affect it and the player actions. They made an incentive that modules can be rolled into officers one and players fall into it, ofc the main reason was that it suppose to shake stale pvp meta :rofl: it was for money, you gambling idiots.

2 Likes

Starter packs have been around about as long as Plex have. I don’t think a single fitted frigate is exactly a big deal and they’ve never shown any creep of scope.

I disagree, most F2P games has build option to not pay but play and grind more, EvE is not different, I grind for PLEX and not spend single penny for almost 5 years, not to mention most activities I do in-game bring me huge amount of ISK I have no idea what to with other than stash PLEX, I’m already subbed for next year with stash for another one, and I’m dirty casual.

1 Like

At the moment you can easily go from Magnate to Anathema to Stratios for example without spend any real money except on your sub.

Once p2w is fully in place that will change. They will make it so you need to grind 20 times more sites to earn the isk.

Literally possible? Yes
Entertaining? No

Thats what I mean.

Thats pretty much what I said.

Its changing that to make the grind utterly impractical that I fear.

Hmm, then introduce some boosts like for magic find of sort? :thinking:

1 Like
  1. What do you mean by “P2W is fully in place”?

2. You are confusing the reward/risk of content, with what a player can afford by grinding. 5yrs ago I could PLEX two accounts per month from casually running HS DEDs with a subbed Cynabal. I went from Rifter, to Thrasher, to Rupture, to Hurricane, to Cynabal. That is no longer possible, as DED module market dropped by 1/3-1/2, and cost of PLEX in ISK tripled.

If you dont think that trend is influenced by factors other than the players, there is no purpose to this discussion.

The trend already exists, concretely, as fact.

The concerns you have are already real and present in EVE.

The illusion here is of your own making, in that you dont realize its already a reality in EVE.

EVE is already a F2P/P2W/P2A game.

It would be hard to bring hard “P2W” into EvE without hardcore changing of the mechanics, because why bother with “golden ammo” when it may not have that significant impact on gamepley, so why pay without gain. The way PA dropped P2W level on BDO is hilarious. They seems totaly disconnected from player base, but is that move bring them money? Monetizing in EA make them 10 times profit in a year. I saw numbers rising from 80 to 800 mil.
I would rather expect F2P direction with huge monetization of services, like number of clones, hangar sizes, maybe SP gain etc.

You have to ask why they acquired Eve for such a huge amount of money when you consider cost per sub. What is PA intending to gain out of this? Increased monetarisation? You’d think their due diligence would have told them this isn’t a community to get on the wrong side of. Programming/game development smarts? You don’t have to buy the company to acquire employee skillsets. Better servers? Now THERE’S a thought.

Being able to agree with someone and frame it as an argument is an amazing skill.

Why arent you on tv?

are EvE server really that good and worth almost half bil?

You speak of an illusory choice.

That illusion is in your own head, whereas reality clearly shows EVE is already a F2P/P2W/P2A game.

You have two choices:

1. Grind in EVE.
  2. Pay cash instead for sub, plex, MCT or extractors, and either use them as they are, or sell them ingame for isk to aquire what else you desire.
1 Like

You either still dont get it or are being wilfully obtuse.
Whichever it is, Im not in the mood for this today, so you win, whatever it is you are trying to say.

Its you that doesnt get it, and doesnt understand that the illusion you refer to is entirely in your own perception.

EVE is already what you fear would be the outcome.
You aren’t perceiving the reality of EVE as it is now already, accurately.

Grind or pay, is already what EVE is.

1 Like

At least we know the new owners aren’t planning on introducing a pay-to-win model. :roll_eyes:

By saying that you have no understanding of my point and are trying to create disagreement where there is none.