Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

Sure. If BDO suits you, how EVE will turn out in the future will suit you as well. If you want to know what EVE’s future will look like from now on, just keep an eye on BDO.

This is business. It’s an acquisition. That changes roles and mandates of developing agency fundamentally. There is not a single exception to this in industry.

Even just people talking to people on a venture level rubs off concepts and targets.

I do as well, since I know Pearl Abyss kept pushing the NA publisher to put more and more Pay to Win items in their store… Ultimately breaking the NA publisher’s promise of no P2W

5 Likes

Welcome to the team. Let’s have fun with Falcon together. :clap:

1 Like

Already people are saying EA could have been better choice. :joy:

Yeah, I remember when Kamasylves Blessings hit the cash shop. If Ellion’s Tears and Artisan’s Memory weren’t bad enough, that one definitely took the cake.

1 Like

Capitalism killed Firefly.

2 Likes

Who needs old bankrupt eve, need new with new players and real money.

It almost killed the Expanse too.

And then it save the Expanse.

Capitalism is a two-edged sword

1 Like

there’s many things they can exploit to turn P2W such as limited ship insurance say 5lives for your ship that it respawns or limited timer damage or tank boosters or learning boosters.more powerful skill injectors like XL size and sooo much more EVE can support hundreds of p2w aspects that can be implemented

2 Likes

yay we got acquired by a studio whos only contribution to MMO gaming was Boob physic for female characters

3 Likes

how to get into this black dessert? we must enter the abyss? I’m tormented until I understand. ;(

1 Like

Maybe yes, maybe not. Korean game developers are known to be the makers of the most quality MMORPGs.

1 Like

I know.
I mentioned that in an earlier post.

The bonus is probably not substantial, just enough to retain staff through the transition. Probably the extra 25 mil over 400.

I dont have figures, but I would have thought CCP at this point, with its track record, having sold off/shut VR and Newcastle, sold WoD IP, laid off 100 workers, and failed Dust/Valkyrie with no revenue from Nova yet, EVE PCU declined, with its three extant offices (whether rented or owned), and only 40mil in liquidity, would have been worth at most 225 on a good day.

1 Like

‘Quality’ is not an all-aspect quality. The game is artistically perfect. The visuals, and the sound design, are sublime in BDO, there’s no getting around that simple fact. It is a beautiful game. To look at.

To play? I’d rather bang my head against a brick wall until my brain fell out.

2 Likes

Can I haz boob physics in EVE online on my avatars plzzzz

1 Like

Hilmar scammed the Koreans.

By aquiring EVE you enter a dark and harsh world, you’re supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in, you’re not supposed to feel like you’re logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun, hentai girls and adventures, that’s what Black Desert Online is for."

2 Likes

I think so, yes :smiley:

425 is huge valuation for CCP in its current state.

2 Likes

Hush. Before you get a Falcon swooping down on you …

1 Like

It’s time to get PI 2.0: shooting Hentai girls from Spaceships in Orbit.

2 Likes