Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

QUICK FIRE HILMAR JUST DO IT

9 Likes

but if company a says charge money and change your business dynamic then that means they gotta do it

5 Likes

no i read it right you just read it the way they want people to read it

1 Like

They are acquired, though “partnering” is mentioned in Hilmars article.

I figure this is just to simplify for readers the complicated contracts and terms regarding IPs, staff, assets, structuring of heirarchy, investor options, promises of creative autonomy etc. Stuff that really isnt any of our business and above our heads.

Well, you understand

14 Likes

Hehe just lets give them this vidio to see.

:face_with_monocle::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

13 Likes

and in 2011 the gaming industry was very different than now. at the time all the games I cited gave the full experience with a sub…

More than that, yeaa CCP made mistakes, but they also improved EvE, I’m sorry, but we can’t deny it…

and what can you change about the past mistakes? nothing, you can only report them. CCP listen to it’s player base, use it.

1 Like

The irony here is kinda funny.
CCP tries to go P2W on it’s on, we turn on em, so they stop. And then they sell out to one of the many many P2W based Korean developers.

RIP EVE: May 6th 2003 - Sept 6th 2018

16 Likes

So what is in the NEX shop for future? :thinking:

There is no P2W in EVE.

4 Likes

In my -admittedly- simple world there are two reasons to buy or sell a company

1. the company is undervalued and has great potential, increasing revenue and value

2. the company is in financial trouble and cant pay its bills. but there’s still a limited amount of money to be made off the products.

With recent developments at CCP, I’m leaning towards (2) - the explanations given above only strengthen that feeling. Please proove me wrong? :fearful:

1 Like

custom skins
customs citadels skin
custom citadels parts
maybe even some customs on ships design (with time)

1 Like

I said i want to know more not the same.

I want to know more that i’v might have missed while playing Black Desert & then the remake.
So they are PvP is Black Desserts Only good thing?

Gimme a 100 page SA are you kind^^

Option 3: Together with a content-aligned development partner, you can achieve more than alone.

Who owns CCP is largely arbitrary, as long as its not EA or Microsoft. In anycase, CCP was already largely owned by investors, and Hilmar.

Also good for attracting future investment, as now two major IPs/titles are under the same roof.

2 Likes

And CCP could still be a good company and developer, if they would still provide the full EVE experience for the sub. But now they have a lot of bad press over these Macro transactions. Instead of that, they could have farmed a lot of good press and a lot of positive player feedback if they made these “customizations” fully available as part of the subscription. That would have been the right choice for EVE, not Hilmar’s greed driven methods.

Where? EVE has fewer actual players (A thing CCP lies about all the time in the launcher. The numbers show logged in chars, not logged in players), more server issues, ridiculous capital proliferation, ridiculously overpowered groups farming the living hell out of everything. We have structures that keep causing more issues than enjoyment (see False Advertising for an example) and generally a lot more dissatisfaction. The few things that actually were improved are being drowned in a plethora of things that were completely ruined or made worse.

8 Likes

oh yeah i remember when blizz and activision did that
worked out fine for activision

5 Likes

integrating the company’s extensive development and publishing expertise into Pearl Abyss’ operations

I remember how White Wolf was integrated into CCP. :laughing:

8 Likes

You are misinterpreting what he is saying:

+IF CCP tries to go P2W on it’s on, we +should turn on em, so they stop.

2 Likes

We will, and have.
Even the monocle was considered P2W (wrongly) by EVE players.

2 Likes

Well hold onto something last game I played that got bought out shut down two weeks later would hate to see that happen here been playing since 2004 April 22 hard core till 2013 been off and on since but still love the game

3 Likes