Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

4 Likes

BDO is known as THE pay to win MMO in market. This will surely end well.

12 Likes

They’ll be a parent company, Like Disney owns Marvel Entertainment.

Well, considering BDO got rekt few days ago with clear P2W items introduced in the game, guess what the future holds for EVE? God damnit, just as I was contemplating resubing after 2y break…

Taken from reddit thread.

6 Likes

Accepting cash grabs and other detrimental development practices and proceedings just because there is no competitor is a lot more depressing than sinking something because the developers have turned on the users for greedy reasons. CCP is punching a lot more holes into EVE than users ever could. And people who accept that just because it’s the only space MMO on the market are complicit in ruining EVE.

In contrast to you, those “depressing” people are trying to prevent further downfall and want to see EVE improved again. They don’t want to see EVE turn into a cash milk machine.

12 Likes

only because you don’t trust in player power to prevent this…

Yeah, well i would say that. You just choose a really really wrong path. Pearl Abyss develops a bad ethics. I am going to wait until EVE Online have a really really OP stuff in the future.

I played all pearl abyss game, and it is bad, and you should feel bad about it.

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound like the ‘merger’ that Hilmar is talking about. Unlike the previous financial partners, I suspect this one has definite ideas on how to make money with MMO’s. If Pearl Abyss spent money acquiring CCP, they have every right to make demands for what they ‘bought’. I just don’t believe this will end well………

10 Likes

They do so with massive amounts of microtransactions and paid power.

Very against this move. Black Desert Online is known for screwing over players, many bugs and playability issues, and LOOTBOXES

This will be the coffin Eve Online dies in.

9 Likes

People already buy SKINs and skill injectors while paying a subscription fee for multiple accounts. If anything Pearl Abyss is trying to learn a thing or two about monetization from CCP.

I sincerely hope this means CCP can stop focusing on padding the books to sell the company and start addressing the big problems in balance and the economy that have cropped up in the last few years. I lost all hope when we couldn’t even get a fix for FAXs, something everyone agrees is absurd right now.

5 Likes

How could I? Those users have left EVE or are now fully addicted to the skins and clothes and get all happy when CCP gives them another trinket that they have to pay for in addition to their subscription. It goes so far that those people now call out people who don’t wear skins on their ships in fleets and demand that people should buy skins. There is no user power to prevent any of this any more.

6 Likes

we’ll see what the futur bring, but I trust CCP.

While I really would like to believe this to be a good step for EVE Online, do I believe this is going to cost them players simply because of how players often respond to such news. But I’ll be here until the end. No game has outlived me yet.

5 Likes

nah mate, Pearl Abyss is P2W, get ready for Titans for Dollars.

12 Likes

Agree, asian game company is really good at P2W Strats

1 Like

You are aware that CCP makes more money (individually) from people plexing their way to Omega than by paying for a monthly subscription. It doesn’t matter where you got the ISK from, if you are buying Plex someone paid money for it. If anything, they want more people to Plex their accounts.

1 Like

We can’t really do anything else anyway. I sincerely hope that people will actually fight any attempt to ruin EVE with actual P2W things and even more paywalled customization, as you think they will.

2 Likes

Pearl Abyss is pretty much one of the worst developers around when it comes to P2W and general milking of their playerbase. Honest question, is there any way CCP can refund all of my remaining gametime on my accounts?

8 Likes

Played a lot of BDO in the past and honestly I can’t imagine how bringing them any where near EVE is going to be a good thing.

3 Likes