Dev Blog: Call for CSM 13 Candidates!

By all means that’s your decision to make, it’s your company, I just have no interest personally in taking part in that and it’s why I never apply. I never applied for the dust 514 one either.

Don’t see a point participating in the csm process when I disagree with 9/10 of the changes you guys make these days or how you go about making them with the current csm anyway. If people voted me in I would be honest with them especially as a dust 514 player when most of the cpm was quiet during the fan fest fiasco a few years back when you guys didn’t even mention it once and tried to push that legion/nova thing that completely disappeared too. I just don’t trust the way you guys do stuff and I don’t believe if talking about stuff behind closed doors and ignoring the backlash against despised changes that people would have told you they didn’t like.

Sorry, it’s just for the best and there’s plenty of other less cynical people who can be part of it. I could never remain silent in a situation like the one I mentioned up above when tons of players got threw under the bus and it came out that they pretty much knew and largely said nothing about it.

3 Likes

So the question is; how many of Goonswarm/CCP will Goonswarm/CCP be designating as CSM this year? Remember when Goonswarm/CCP said the whole point of Fozziesov was to break up the larger alliances and put more of null into the hands of the average player? Good Times:)

So, everyone gather round and make sure to vote for whoever you want and let Goonswarm/CCP/CSM rubberstamp whatever it is that they want to do.

Because your opinion and thoughts really don’t matter at all.

This thread is really going places. I am getting nauseous trying to determine if people are trolling or just tragically misinformed. It’s the same old story.

“bawww that group I dislike is getting people onto the CSM and I don’t want to put in the bare minimum of effort to cast a vote for somebody who represents me”

Seriously, the self-sabotaging ~Woe is Me~ routine is toxic. If you don’t vote in the CSM election, you really have no right to complain about who gets elected in the CSM election.

4 Likes

You’re a perfect example of why I can’t be arsed voting anymore.

The only time you come into the forums is when the elections are coming up so your block voters know you’re still here, then when you get voted on you disappear again…and no I’m not chasing the csm around ■■■■■■■ reddit, twitter, discord or wherever else you all hide, at least Jin makes an effort regardless of whether I agree with all he says.

You want to know why the apathy? This, we vote for players and never sodding see them again.

You’re nearly all a waste of space and only chasing a freebie to Iceland.

Players and the CSM have been criticizing CCP for a lack of communication more and more over the last few months, all the CSM members need to look in a mirror.

1 Like

You know he didn’t get elected onto 12, right?

2 Likes

Apathy.
I could welcome a little more apathy. You don’t sound apathetic. Rather, you sound bitter.

If you want to boycott the elections, that’s your choice. I’m sure your vote will be heard far and wide.

As for silence, it couldn’t be because they’re busy doing, or trying to do, the job they won in some election, somewhere.

No it couldn’t, I believe that as much as I believe you’re a 10 day old player.

So, you’re saying they were hard at work, but now they’re shirking in order to campaign. I get you.

I don’t think facts have much play here.

Facts?

In forums? never ever.

m

Nope. ‘The Tyranny of the Majority’ is a well-documented danger of democracies. Minority opinion gets marginalized. Just because something’s democratic doesn’t mean it’s fair or good.

1 Like

No, it’s not. If they’re dissatisfied, they should do something about it. The only explanation that makes it ‘understandable’ is ‘they like what they’re getting from the CSM as-is, so see no reason to rock the boat’.

So, as someone who more or less comments on most of the game balance devblogs year-round, and has a constant presence on some other forums here, are you saying I should run? I admit, many of my thoughts have appeared in other places, but you know, that’s a result of having an outlet with a more engaged reader-base.

That’s a serious question, btw. I’m curious, beyond the potential for really making certain people unhappy.

If you mean you’d engage with the playerbase on these forums unlike most of the present csm then yeah I’d rather vote for someone like you rather than the current crop who mostly don’t bother. I’ve gone through the csm list and some haven’t been on here for months (which is ridiculous considering the criticism they gave CCP in the recent minutes.)

I seriously wouldn’t regard that as engaging with or representing the playerbase.

Every player voting should check the posting history of every candidate to not only see if they use these forums, but to see just what they’re interested in as well.

Let’s face it, CCP get plenty of flack for not using these forums so why shouldn’t the csm?

2 Likes

Early warning.

I will be applying this year.

Good idea, I look forward to seeing your thread and the ideas you have to reaching people. It’s not easy task. In a futuristic dream world where 90% of the eligible base votes, I would feel comfortable not running for re-election. Sadly that is a pipe dream.

1 Like

Glad to hear it.
I will formulate a plan of directions I think would be good for the game, soon ™.
I have no idea how much lurker support I may have, but Ive been around for awhile.
I believe I can contribute to the CSM, and player base at large, and my interest in improving the game for players is genuine, and always has been.

I am solution oriented, and especially enjoy lateral thinking.
I hold problems can be fixed in such a way that is equitable to all involved, nor do I settle for less.

I have no, and never have had, any affiliation with any “great power” in EVE.
I don’t have any vested personal interests, and most definitely cannot be bought.

One important thing to remember:

No agenda or campaign will get you elected. Networking will. No matter what you promise the players, you can’t set CCP’s priorities, and you can’t dictate what they work on during your tenure. So while you may be able to convince them of a few things, don’t make any specific promises of results. Those, you simply cannot deliver on.

Instead, outline a vision, a set of principles you’ll use to advise CCP, and what you think a ‘healthy’ New Eden looks like. Be broad, but be specific. If you’re willing to work with others, say that. If you’re going to reject what the nullsec CSMs think out of hand just because they’re ‘bloc candidates’, say that, too. It’s a bad idea to do that, btw, because they’re really not the single-issue ‘screw highsec’ maniacs you seem to think they are, but that’s your call to make.

3 Likes

I use the forums a lot, as does Steve. Most of us just use other forums, such as Reddit, Twitter & Facebook, all of which have an equal-ish number of eyeballs on them as the EVE-O forum. In fact, my posts here get vastly lower views than on platforms like CZ/Reddit.

I simply find very little reason to argue with people who’s minds on average tend to be made up about the CSM. It’s not something valuable.

Yeah, but at the same time, @Jin_taan , shouldn’t that be seen as an issue? Shouldn’t the CSM be trying to use these forums as their primary outlet instead of reddit, so people can be encouraged to look at these forums? I mean, this is where the official stuff is supposed to be. This is where what gets moderated and what gets highlighted is decided by CCP’s staff, not demonstrably biased mods who are just as susceptible to the mob mentality and catering to popular opinion as anyone else? Or even more susceptible, as some of them try to play the ‘I am the one who shapes the discussion’ card.

I mean, you can’t say that doesn’t happen on /r/EVE. People and groups the mods don’t like get buried, while people they do like go ahead and vote brigade with impunity, knowing the mods won’t do a thing about it.

2 Likes