Dev blog: Calling All EVE Online Designers - Fanfest 2018 Mouse mat Design Contest

We were hipster before it was cool :wink:

1 Like

Now that it IS cool you have to move on to something else, because being cool is not the hipster way, it is just being ‘hip’

and we are old enough that if we fall that is what will be broken

m

1 Like

It’s also worth noting
@CCP_Guard
You should give people the template in a .png format ahead of time that’s in the scale you need. Nothing in the devblog says anything about rounding corners and you can just cut off the corners of a 2325x2475 image which is 7.75x8.25 @ 300 pixels an inch correct?

In gimp it’s a pain to do anything with rulers when it’s far simpler to just give a pixel ratio that the image can be scaled to. You’re shooting yourself in the foot by not simply providing a blank template or a saved .PSD with a selected area that has the curves you need.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it along :slight_smile:

P.s. I personally say ‘mouse mat’ but I’ll pwn nabs from top a ‘mouse pad’ any day of the week.

4 Likes

I can’t believe how many people are complaining about this!

Please note the title of the post says “Calling all EVE Online Designers” … sorry but if you are not able to generate a 300dpi PSD or AI file, chances are you are not a designer

3 Likes

I hate crowdsourcing with a passion

that is all

Sadly I can not enterr the two images that have most EVE meaning for me, but if the actual authors could ,?

First, is the always posted “Learning Cliff” that is EVE.

Learning Curve

Second, is the “Three Types of EVE Players”.

3 Types of EVE Players

Loved the idea at EVE Vegas, and look forward to seeing what happens at Fanfest.

Sara

Here’s my first entry - always worth it to use the old Jove assets for something, I’m still so glad I saved them before they were removed from the client originally~~ :wink:

7 Likes

Someone should make a design that features the floating frozen dead bodies we see in the verse…yes, floating dead BODIES!

2 Likes

send :slight_smile: hope the art its good.

1 Like

Nice, definitely has Jovian color qualities.

I’m still working on mine but this is what I’ve got so far.

3 Likes

Just for clarification on the dimensions, is it supposed to be landscape (wider than it is tall) or portrait (taller than it is wide) dimensions.

1 Like

That first one looks… distorted.

A little bit.

Like I said, I’m still working on them.

I believe it’s suppose to be landscape.

Tbh, how much does it matter? You can rotate a mousepad easily when it’s a physical object lol

1 Like

So I know what to submit. I’m sure CCP is only looking for one thing and I would like to get it right the first time.

2 Likes

Fair point :slight_smile: I’d heavily lean towards assuming landscape as the right orientation

1 Like

worthless even to comment on this subject.

Wow…I don’t know if I will make it through the assorted barrage of whine. It’s pretty blasterific.

Great, not another flight of Whiny Cats blobbing the thread…Worse than CODE.

2 Likes