Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

*Missed

:man_facepalming:t4:

*missed

No need for capital “M”.

1 Like

I agree. A couple smart bombing T3 can make them die by the dozens. and often do.

Exactly right. If they were a serious problem, we see them far more often. They aren’t. I’ve been in 8 corps living in NS from small gang groups to big alliances and not one of the “doctrines” in any of them were ECM based…NOT ONE.

1 Like

They were on mine, yes.

Worst part of this “balance pass” is that it’s not balance pass. CCP and CSM don’t have common stand point about nullification, there is nothing to replace HICs mechanism (even if it’s a bug) and ECM changes are pure ■■■■. Change for the sake of change that will make more problems like hulls tanks and “we will look at it at the future”. My soon to be born daughter will start to read propablly before they’ll look at it at all. I still remember svipul rebalance.

2 Likes

I strongly recommend anyone arguing for the demavik change to actually try to fit the ship as is and how it would be. You should notice several things, among them: you need fitting rigs for full slot use on all fits except one (compact nos fed single active, scram, ab), basically every fit is going to need atleast one ancil for powergrid, and it is almost always going to use an ab and scram.

If I haven’t made myself clear, the ship’s anaemic and moving a low to a mid won’t help because it would only be able to fit a web, an injector or battery is way out of reach without giving up all the rigs.

2 Likes

Most who use the Precursor frigate agree with you.

CCP could of just added a midslot, after all the average number of slots on frigates is 13(including the rig slots), though there are those that say due ti the turret thats why its limited to 12, but most 12 slot frigates are logi or simiilar, most 13 or 14 slot frigates are combat or covert.

The other question is why a armour tank frigate would sacifice 1 of its 4 lowslots for a 3rd midslot?
We’ve had the punisher with 2 midslots since day one of eve, and shes done well without a 3rd mid. Plus the punisher has 5 lowslots and 4% per lvl to armour resist. The Damark has no armour bonus and has very low shield, so by CCP’s own statements are a pure armour tank ship, yet they remove its ability to improve its tank to counter the poor shield.
Personally think this adjustment is a kneejurk reaction to a small group wanting an EWAR/ECM fit.

Sadly it’ll make an already low ehp ship even worse, loosing a low, means as you pointed out less powergrid and cpu fixes, even less ways to improve ehp. And as a kicker for those that wanted the extra midslot how are they going to get enough cpu and powergrid for those modules they wanted to fit, in a frigate that was already well known for its very low cpu and powergrid capacity.

It sure wasn’t thought out.

slow claps
Guess i may as well sell all my rooks as they are now completely useless, you just made the cal combat recon more garbage than it was already. Are you going to nerf all the other combat recons or just picking on the already pathetic caldari ship line?

Ships that this change will only be able to engage at significant range…: Navy griffin, falcon, rook, blackbird, scorpion and widow - what will they be used for instead? Or should we just stop using them all is that the idea behind this? ECM that jams…no wait, doesnt jam a target…what?

8 Likes

Is there a way to add a poll to a post (maybe the admins can do it)

Then at least CCP will get an idea about the number of their customers who think this ECM change is a bad idea

4 Likes

This is right - In the tournament if we do see ECM on ships they fail a cycle & die

1 Like

I wonder if the ship will get a bonus to baiting instead of ecm after this?? =P

baited on a would b jammer! pfft

1 Like

Dunno what else you can use them for, i guess the falcon is still useful for a shorter normal cyno…250m well spent… - imagine if they effectively removed the bonuses the amarr / gall / minnie recons got - the rage would be legendary.

1 Like

whats good for the goose is goose for the gander… they should do it!

imagine, lachs lands point/scram and damps, well the target has the option: do I wana lock this silly guy that’s damping me since his damps have zero effect on me? or do I wana just warp away since the scram and point have zero effect on me? hmmmm?

man I really wish this ship wasn’t target painting me! I mean, its fine, the signature penalty is Totally Not Effecting my signature, but I just HATE having this menacing red laser site on my forehead! =(

hmmm should I fit cap batteries or cap rechargers? I mean, the batteries give me more pool…but…do I care about my capacitor pool since neuts and nos don’t really bother me much anymore??? cool gfx tho!

^^pardon my sarcasm.

btw, target painting…whats the method to counter exactly? get out of range…or warp away…or…??? jam them mayb???
afaik, there IS no specific counter to them. short of fitting decisions made prior to undock. and even those only mitigate your own sig, they do Nothing to counter the % effect of target painters applied to you. is this also broken ccp??

if they’d have just Read their Own Blog, half-sober, much of the non-sense would’ve been quite apparent. I would like to think.

1 Like

To put it in perspective - apply the logic of this change to other ECM systems:

• If ECM jammed you can lock & shoot only whats jamming you
  • If neuted get +25% bonus to your neuts/nos range & effect against ship neuting you
  • Range damp gets you +40% resolution bonus when targeting the ship damping you
  • For your weapons only, The sig radius of a ship target painting you is increased by 50%
  • The ship warp scrambling or disrupting you cannot warp off if you have it locked
1 Like

yea, like. its absurd. lol

or its taylor-made (of bias) for a purpose(s)?

1 Like

Yep its total nonsense.

You successfully jam the sensors of a ship…that ships sensors can then lock you…because being jammed, actually means…“not jammed”.

3 Likes

That’s okay, you can just jam…oh wait.

3 Likes

@CCP_Falcon - this ECM change is totally ludicrous, should have used a rook picture with your post instead of a blackbird, because thats probably the only time you will see one in space after this change hits. Will you be making all the other combat recons special abilities garbage too / do the opposite / do nothing at all?

2 Likes

Damps and Td only applying to everyone else also would be quite cool. Really puts ewar into support rather than solo then.
However Ecm still works just fine with thus change. it’s just not as powerful as before but a lot of ecm uses are fine.