Dev Blog: Security: Different times - Different ways

I havent encountered market bots in a while …

If one is too stupid to see how multiboxing and botting are tied at the hip, and also too stupid to realize why the majority of mmos do not allow multi-boxing, perhaps one needs to get an education altogether.

May be hard to tell a multi-boxer from a botter, but it’s real easy to spot the bot users/supporters in anti-botting threads.

It’s also real easy to check one’s killboard.

Get back to me when you have killed a few hundred bots…

Not up to me to kill bots. Killing bots is pointless. They’re back up and running before the guns cool. Unless your ship comes equipped with a banhammer? Never noticed one on any of mine.

Only one with the power to eliminate bots is CCP. As long as CCP allows Hilmar’s greed for the money from multi-boxers, and by association botters, to dictate their response to botting, botting will never even be dented.

But hey, blowing up a couple of bots in Yulai sure is a good distraction, ain’t it CCPathetic?

I would quote J S Mill or Edmund Burke, but it really wouldn’t serve to change your views. Carry on…

If you ban people from multi boxing, ie running multiple clients on one computer then you would hurt a lot more than just the players who like to multi box rat or mine. You would also hurt any player who wants to scout ahead of themselves, anyone trying to move a capital on their own, all the solo blops players. Anyone who ever has eyes up for a fleet normally has them on an alt.

Multi boxing is not the problem here.

1 Like

“But…but…I’d have to have other players help me! I needs do everything myself!”

Play a singleplayer game, sport.

One ship at a time, one pilot at a time. Even playing field. As it should be. Multi-boxxing is the problem here, it’s why 99.9% of mmorpgs prohibit it.

Well I would say there isn’t a multiboxer “problem” but if you meant the input broadcasting and the visualfx overlay were a problem… sure. They made soloing incursions way too easy, for one thing. I know people who do that to this day but now they have to work a lot harder for their billions. Drone assist helps but it must be done once per site (or per room per site for multi-room sites) and is still work to get working right.

Anyway, back to Kusion’s ganking:

“he’s using so many accounts at the same time to have a large disruptive effect on the player base”

He’s not disrupting the player base any more than any code gank is. Is a code gank with 20 people flying 1 catalyst each any more or less disrupting to the person getting ganked than Kusion killing them with 10 bombers and 10 catalysts by himself?

As I noticed last week, you are not good in saving ISK. I am in duty to learn you something in this matter

About rats whose permanently spy in my spaceship. even when I speak what im thinkin about it very clearly and so many Times. Its not nessery to loose ISK on that. How to do that? Ask me about it For example.

1. How many dredlocks did you cut today?
    KG: 15
  2. How many rocks did you take today?
    KG: One
  3. Where did you get it?
    KG: Found beetwen rolling Stones.

Simple, and whats more….WIthout loosing ISK!. The most clever pilota can see that you can save your ISK even twice. How its possible? My dreadlock Cutter and Rocks Minner wouldnt have to report for you about that. Pure brilliant mechanic.

Also being a rat and serching in my spaceship its very risk and stressfull. I very often forget something and come b ack. I know that your comunication ss perfect, but what if someone make even little mistake and doesnt inform rat on time that I come back? We can find the answer, as always in one of Dj Sitches & Rhyme Valore black records. Even it is missed argumentationm and none cares, the first one, main one, about saving ISK…i know I know…you love it, and i am pleased I could help.

This whole comment is a cry for help.
Drug addiction is bad.

Do you wanna try me on a new arena.? My name is Kuba Ganowski. And what is your name?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.