Dev blog: Security Update - Q1 2018

CCP don’t make changes without notice.

If you don’t keep up with the news, I have little sympathy.

1 Like

What is their email. ?

Off the top of my head, since I’m overseas on a cellphone atm. I believe it is internalaffairs@ccpgames.com

Lol. Unless I.m delusional I’m pretty sure he was saying his passwords are at least 30 characters long. Not that he has 30 accounts.

Also why does his being csm mean he should encourage ccp to not impose these limits?

Correct. 30 characters in my password (ish :smiley: some have more, some less.)

Because without that change to the punishments for botting any botter coukd extract their sp and eitger sell it or put it onto a new account making it trivial to avoid the rest of the punishments.
It’s just an extension of the no character sale rule since selling your so is selling part of your character.

Yeah. See I disagree on that the ban is enough. I can respect you having the opposite opinion though. It’s not a simple maths problem with only one right answer but I just favour the harsher approach to botting.

As for the other allegations. That’s for ccp. Not me. Especially since I only have a tiny probably out of context quote to go off on that matter.

It’s pretty interesting to see someone delete their posts with such fervor. Reading only one part of the conversation can lead to people jumping into conclusions.

“Botting” is an inaccurate word based on the number of different things that word is accused of. “Non-EVE created macro usage” is more accurate…and also against the rules. You can’t use the general term “macro use” because that would include; drone f-key, auto-pilot and others. EVE gives you in-game created macros to use without issues.

“Intelligence bots” or screen scraping leads to a whole host of issues to enforce. Normally, you would just make a EULA entry that said something like, “You may not use data on-screen or off and have it report to an outside source to be re-used in-game directly or indirectly”. But then so many websites that nearly everyone considers tools (and ok to use according to CCP) would be in violation of it. That issue will be more difficult to address legally. If CCP directly says “a specific website or program” that can’t be used, then they are asking for a defamation (and other) lawsuits. The CCP staff are not stupid, that issue will take time to research and resolve.

In my dream world, CCP would just say, “please don’t use … or do …” and everyone would say ok, sorry. All without needing a 10,000 page EULA, banning, flogging, dismembering, quartering, etc…even though it could be interesting or erotic for some. Hush…it’s my dream world.

Disclaimer - If I misunderstood or read something incorrectly that I am responding to, I don’t sleep much and I’m an idiot. Add the borrowed phrase, “please ignore”.

Good update. Steps in the right direction to hurt botters.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.