Dev blog: Upwell 2.0 - Structures Changes Coming On February 13th!

Thanks I didn’t ask if they are being removed in this Update.
I also did not read in the Dev Blog about them being removed in 2.0 so you haven’t missed anything.
Just after a decision/clarification about the process and when. A little forward thinking from CCP. They should have an idea by now. And why are blueprints still being dropped as loot. How many years have structures been in the game?

Given CCP made a comment somewhere I read that Observation structures are causing them some issues and Jumpgates don’t seem on the Horizon yet it’s likely POS are still going to be in the game for another couple of years at least.
POS still serve several important unreplaced functions.

1 Like

I understand the issues with the POS stuff in terms of replacing functions, it would make sense to start decommissioning the industry modules/labs etc though, rather than try to do it all at once at some future point.

1 Like

Can we please please please get a setting for alliance notifications when something is getting shot (like how sov is). Now that we have to be ready for things to be shot 24/7 it would be great if everybody in the alliance (like those in off hours when its most likely to get hit) can go man the guns

it would have made sense to reimburse or replace the silos when they became useless and still ccp did not care.

1 Like

Regarding questions on defunct or depreciated POS modules: We still plan to either reimburse or replace all cases of these in the future! So don’t worry if you still have items that no longer have a use, we’ll return there value to you in some form when the time comes.

1 Like

My DBA brain can’t help but wonder why you aren’t dealing with this in tranches by removing and reimbursing the unused POS structures and BPO’s in tranches? Get rid of the unused stuff soon ™ and clean up the DB a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

That may sound silly, but can Upwell structures get another low slot each, so you can put the standup plate(s) on please?

1 Like

Current balance changes on test server let people double the armor hitpoint with full rack of T2 plates. That seems like plenty.

IMG_20180205_113247

2 Likes

Hmm okay, never mind then.

They are waiting for the prices to be down for a longer time so they reimburse the average price :slight_smile:

1 Like

That may take a while since someone was bad at math and did not increase the relic site droplets for the citadel release.

1 Like

Regarding the T2 citadel bomb launchers, any reason why the T1s were nerfed and now we need to upgrade to T2 for the even lower ( 40 to 48s fire rate ) stats ?

1 Like

Raitaru or Athanor has one low slot.

1 Like

Still seems this thread only address the short-term problems (IMO).
I hope they have longer term plans that will work. All the plans I have seen look like the require a unicorn and leprechauns pot of gold

2 Likes

Passive notifications only helps rental empires and those not living in the systems themselves. No to notifications. Just learn to undock and patrol you territories.

1 Like

Fortizars are op as ■■■■ in wh space anyways. Just fuel ya ■■■■ lol.

Unless something major changed, a fortizar cant scratch any fleet containing 3 guardians. Much less powerful than a pos.

2 Likes

Oh? you think we should have a person in every system we have a moon miner? Every system we have a midpoint citadel? At every hour of the day? Most corps are timezone specific, that’s why alliances have corps from different timezones. If the corp that owns the structure is USTZ, and some guy shows up in a solo oracle to shoot it in EUTZ, how is anybody going to know?

Do structures only give notifications at corp level or something? I don’t actually have to deal with those, apologies for my ignorance.

Corp API keys should let you get the notifications out of game.

And @Gris_X there’s no way anyone wants to go check their aths every day when they only mine on them once a week. Citadels/EC I could understand saying “just live in it!” but aths aren’t going to be.