Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

Greetings Capsuleers,

We have just released a dev blog outlining upcoming changes to structure vulnerability states! Please use this thread to discuss the update with your fellow pilots.

Update: May 8, 2020

There have been a lot of good questions about the mechanics of how this change will work so we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions.

Q: Will structures be immediately abandoned as of patch day if they meet the criteria?
A: We don’t start the clock on abandoned structures until the update is live so there will be an additional 7 to 8 days before the first structures enter abandoned status. We’re adding a random 24 hour ‘jitter’ to the timing on when a structure transitions from low power to abandoned status. This means that no time zone will get preferential treatment, particularly on the initial goldrush.

Q: Does this apply to just nullsec?
A: This applies to all upwell structures across all of EVE: highsec, lowsec, nullsec, and wormholes.

Q: Will players be able to manually trigger asset safety on items they own in an abandoned structure? Even while under attack?
A: Players will be able to trigger asset safety at any point before the upwell structure explodes, regardless of abandoned status or if it’s actively under attack.

Q: Will war declarations still be required to shoot abandoned upwell structures in highsecurity space?
A: Yes, you will still need an active war to shoot abandoned structures without Concord ending your bash really early.

Q: How does loot drop from abandoned structures?
A: This will function exactly like structure loot currently does in wormhole space. Hangar containers for each player who had goods in the station will drop to grid. Everything drops.

Q: If an abandoned structure is unanchored does loot still drop or does it go to asset safety?
A: Loot only drops when the structure actually explodes. If an abandoned structure is unanchored all the goods inside will go to asset safety, except in wormhole space where it will drop as it currently does.

Q: Will there be any changes to EHP or damage caps for abandoned structures?
A: No. Low powered structures already have significantly reduced EHP so the process won’t be quite as much work as shooting through all 3 reinforcement stages of a high powered citadel.

Q: How will players know they have items in a structure that is about to go abandoned?
A: This is still being explored but we will likely indicate this somehow in the assets UI in addition to notifications.

As this feature is still in development any of these answers may change before the final release. We will let you know about any changes as soon as we can.

47 Likes

Yay, first.
thank you ccp, your on a roll when it comes to good changes atm :ok_hand:

21 Likes

Sorry about the reply issue, had it in the wrong spot on the forums :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is awesome. is the drop rate the std 50% chance to drop or be destroyed, or is it 100% drop rate?

1 Like

Standard drop rate.

3 Likes

Personally I think it would be cool if you could hack into abandoned structures and transfer ownership via several hacking sessions, not sure what that would look like in practice tho

Also yeah this a great update, there are way too many structures out there that simply exist

19 Likes

Will you still need to wardec structures in high sec, or can abandoned ones be burned down as a freebie ? Either way, this is a great change overall.

11 Likes

How long after the patch will structures that meet the abandoned criteria actually go abandoned? Will we have to wait a week or will they immediately go abandoned?

2 Likes

Why keep damage caps for abandoned structures? Would give a QoL boost to capital pilots to be able to clear abandoned structures fast.

4 Likes

I imagine it will aleart the owner, and flashforms could provide a bit of content

2 Likes

Any chance of having abandoned citadels as free targets in hisec? I.E, won’t require war decs to engage?

It’ll certainly clean up the citadel spam in less than a week i’d imagine. Then again, i assume you’d want people to keep submitting war decs so you can take some ISK out of the economy

14 Likes

If they haven’t been keeping their structure fueled, I don’t think they are very alert.

3 Likes

Make tethering cost fuel. Have to have helium fuel (or w/e) in your cargo when you undock.

Or remove it pls.

2 Likes

surely full loot drop

No Asset Safety - Items will not be put into asset safety when the structure is destroyed

No Assest Safety, i dont know, if CCP will burn themself with that one. And loosing alot of players in Null.
I think some of those changes are going to far. Especailly when you know the POS and the Outposts. Sure CCP wants to generate more “content” for the players and i dont think this is the right way.

9 Likes

you’d be surprised, especially if its there to act as a mid point relay that isn’t used often but is still worth keeping.

3 Likes

honestly this shouldnt be an issue, most corps in null will inform their members that structures are getting the axe, now that noti will change from “get your ■■■■ outta there were taking it down” to “get your ■■■■ outta there we aren’t gonna fuel it anymore and it could die soon”

5 Likes

Why cant they fuel them?

11 Likes

Good set of changes. Gives people a month to sort their crap out.
Then you guys can expand things further.

#DeathtoAllSupers
#DeathtoAssetSafety

10 Likes

Terrific change. Can you consider doubling the damage cap though? That’s still a 36 minute grind (i think?) even at low power resists. If it’s abandoned why not let it die in maybe half that time?

4 Likes