Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

Why would this loose players?

Players have a month to prepare. All you need is one structure custodian to keep the lights on for everyone winning Eve. If the custodian can’t manage that and send out warning pings then those folks winning Eve with assets in an abandoned player structure don’t really deserve to keep them.

8 Likes

Isn’t the damage cap already upped some for ‘low power’?

If not, it totally should be. And the pause threshold lowered.

3 Likes

Because players are too tight?

4 Likes

this has been covered by others (kinda), but basically some unfueled structures act as forward operating base, and have some strategic value, but arent worth fueling, and if burning them down took half as long, well that would just be a bit of a pain wouldnt it

Well good. If you want a strategic asset like a forward operating base, keep it fueled.

15 Likes

fair point

I forget what the specifics are - it’s either lower resists or decreased EHP slightly? It takes like 20 minutes to turn through shield+armor in lower power. So add another bar to chew through is 30 minutes.

I just don’t see a reason to give someone another 30 minutes to figure their ■■■■ out when they already haven’t fueled it in 7 days.

2 Likes

low power significantly reduces structure hp for both shield and armor, hull is unaffected

Don’t think of it as giving someone another 30 minutes to figure their ■■■■ out.

Think of it as giving you another 30 minutes for all your caps to stop bumping and get sieged.

1 Like

Fuel them up if you want them. My corp/alliance is in the same boat with low power spread around. I think they all should be killed quickly if you can’t be bothered to put a few fuel blocks in. They are a cancer spread through out eve with their super low cost. The dream is no damage cap to this state…but whatever. These changes are great, just a little dream to add to it.

9 Likes

i agree, its just the only reason i can think of

1 Like

Holy ■■■■.

+1 CCP, +1.

14 Likes

i should have kept making fuel blocks.

4 Likes

Bleh, I am just gonna go grind in some Oracles/Ikis. Caps are quickly losing any value as long as there are damage caps.

Why do I need a super/titan putting down 20k DPS but a citadel still is capped at 5k DPS? If CCP wants to see them get used and die…give them a bonus. Imagine if Titans/Supers could hit for double damage cap or something. Maybe people would actually use them over a solo dread or whatever to grind. Gives more chances to catch/kill.

6 Likes

EHP should be nerfed when abandoned rather than removal of damage cap. This means small groups can bash a structure to get a response fight but doesn’t need to burn through 13m EHP for an Astra or 40m EHP for a fort.

Best way to do this is for the shield to turn off when abandoned.

2 Likes

You don’t, but you could use half a dozen dreads to clear out a system all at once.

Also, too?

W. T. F. ???

We’re 3-dozen comments in, and not one actual complaint?? Just a few ‘it’s good, but should go farther’?

Well played, CCP. Well played.

18 Likes

The opportunity to form up capitals gets them out and about.

Capital fleet baited on a free forsaken fortress

1 Like

The lack of asset safety worries me. Will players with assets in abandoned structures get a notification so they can remove their stuff before it goes pop?

6 Likes

They just did.

18 Likes