Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

This is the announcement.

8 Likes

It’s about damn time.

This is exactly what I wanted them to do.

17 Likes

There is still much more work to do to remove some timers from full power citadels to promote fights. In terms of long term game health that will be much more important.

and now you’ve got something to talk about on the Meat Show!

1 Like

I absolutely love this change, but I do want to make one suggestion:

Exempt faction fortizars that haven’t been unanchored from this change.

Just imagine how many trillions of ISK across tens of thousands of players is in some of these structures… now imagine if their owning entities decided to let them go abandoned just to get at that loot. Most of those assets would be from people who haven’t played in a helluva long time, the exact people for which asset safety was made.

13 Likes

Been wanting this change almost verbatim, but I think there should still be asset safety for players that, say, haven’t logged in for 90+ days or something, or at least players that haven’t logged in since before this change was announced.

7 Likes

Excellent! Time to clean up space trash. More incentive to keep structures you actually use online and less incentive to spam them. Nice that the cleanup crew can get a potential reward for killing them as well.

3 Likes

i would love to see what would happen if for whatever reason a keep ran outta fuel for a week and someone just goes “welp this shits mine now”

3 Likes

Oh golly good.

/ nope, changed my view. I am sort of upset now about this change.

1 Like

That could be pretty funny. I’ll have to ask Tuzy if we can do with one of ours.

Good.

@CCP_Aurora

Is a notification planned if the station falls into Low Power or Abandoned?

I think that you should always maintain your structures, but there can always be circumstances that prevent this.
Therefore 7 days are not a bit short, because it is sometimes about billion values? 30 days could be more reasonable.

1 Like

1 week with no fuel consumption? Really? That’s going to get very expensive and very tedious very quickly.

I LOVE the idea of an abandoned state, but only after 1 week? Why not closer to 1 month, yaknow, actually abandoned?

2 Likes

30 days would be a better time frame for a “fully abandoned” state, where like, basically the whole damn structure is free for the taking, everything in it, and the structure itself could be taken by whoever

3 Likes

Expensive, maybe. Tedious, why? You can put a decade’s worth of fuel in it right now.

ALSO

Idea that just came up on one of the discords:

Structure stealing. Find an abandoned structure, use some kind of hacking system (similar to the relic/data sites, but with an entosis link? I dunno) to commandeer it. Fuel it up, and nobody can snipe it away from you. Leave it abandoned, and it can be stolen and re-stolen. >.>

C’mon. Tell me stealing peoples’ structures wouldn’t be fun.

14 Likes

All Good, on a sidenote though, when does this happen to PoS’s ?

There must be data suffice to show, that any tower (or structure) has not been fueled and in use for - let’s say - 6 months, and therefore are Un-anchoring for free pickup to any passer bys? THAT would leave alot to pick up for free, and keep assets in game?

Just my 2 cents. o7

5 Likes

yeah it would be pretty cool, or like bringing a structure back from the dead, glad to see im not the only one who wants this

6 Likes

Honestly compared to the cost and logistics involved in keeping POS Towers up and running, Upwell Structures are a cakewalk in terms of management.

I’m of the opinion that if you can’t keep your structures fueled for a whole week, you either have too many structures or shouldn’t own structures to begin with.

10 Likes

I thought this was about Jita Moon 4

It would have been extra memes if after a structure enters Abandoned phase, another timer starts where an Abandoned structure (after 30 days) turns into an NPC structure that spawns :diamonds:NPC rats like a Forward Operating Base. And to prevent it from getting farmed or abused, they drop no loot and no salvage. They just get taken over by local Pirate NPCs and spawn dangerous rats.

8 Likes