Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

In my experience RabbitMQ/AMQP really only suit for stream processing not something need synced.
A key-value store like redis might better suited when two part need decouple while still synced.

I think doing so really pushed your self into the corners. Local in eve really didn’t need much fancy features. I belive a far simple inhouse broadcast style system will both more reliable and much easy to maintain than ejabberd. You can still use xmpp protocal to send data to the client if you want.

You might be right that it is a distant flash back, probably it went with the “old chat”.
I can’t find it in game any more, but it certainly used to exist.

There was a while I was dropping in to Constellation and Region especially at trade hubs, to see if anybody else was ever in there. It was almost eerie. I believe it was a recent speakers or delayed channel, so you never really knew if you were alone or not when you joined it. It felt like talking into an empty auditorium while wearing a blindfold.
Oh, and the game automatically kicked you out of them, I think at every session change. They were effectively broken, wouldn’t be surprised if they got nuked.

don’t mind me im just here for the comments :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:rofl:

2 Likes

:dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot::dealwithitparrot:

1 Like

Well @CCP_Falcon you have had your three weeks, we are past the end of January so whats it going to be?

Yo @CCP_Falcon! Whats the verdict? What’s up? To many times local now writes names on top of other names of people in local and you only see the name on top. Whats the fix?

@CCP_Falcon submit! You guys failed to fix it

Well, January has ended, when can we expect to see the promised update regarding chat?

@CCP_Falcon does it again. Speaks about a deadline and PVP’s it right to death. Nice explosion guys. There will be no change here guys.

The chats just all crashed…again

1 Like

Damn, just when CCP thought they had it sorted. :grinning:

Oh, and did I mention that local is still not updating properly?

I did notice that today. Saw someone in station but local was empty and client was running really smooth for once irc

Oh, but it can’t be, because according to CCP they’ve fixed it. “Logs show nothing?”

Literacy seems to be an issue for you, because CCP didn’t say it was perfect and no errors ever would happen.
They said big improvements had been made in the leave/join area.

You know it most likely doesn’t help their servers for chat are not located in or near TQ game server.

Here is one problem the names write on top of each other now sometimes. But you never know when they do it and to fix it you have to adjust the side of local that has the names.

Local chat not working today flying from Jita to Yoma, chat keeps resetting…

What the hell is going on!