Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

i can remember when they did that in wow back in 2007 they had a hard time keeping the players in the game
even that they fixed the problem within 2 weeks cant remember what it was but they gave the ppl soemthing in form of a apology but hey that was blizzard not ccp

2 Likes

Ultima Onlineā€¦ Still going, but once they pulled this kind of stuff, it has been decimated and the player base is gone.
Tabula Rasaā€¦ Gone.
Sonyā€™s Star Warsā€¦ Gone.
And it all boils down to new management not doing the job.
Itā€™s a never ending story.

2 Likes

yep we are not the only ones today =)

75 % of the time no local no corp . every day . this is fundamental game components .
almost 3 quarter of a year this is a problem . im not understanding why it is taking so long to correct .

1 Like

To be fair, this one is a special case. They split world in 2 (PvP and PvE maps, linked with portals) as an expansion update and lost the majority of playerbase because of it.

1 Like

you dont play eve long enough to understand ccp will never admit they made a mistake unless ppl spam the forums full and than it ā€œonly takes 10 monthsā€ before they regognise out complains for 10 months

3 Likes

and then the thread devolved into the typical EVE IS DEAD EVE IS DEADā€¦id reckon we have atleast a few more yearsā€¦

2 Likes

meh eve is not dead , and i do enjoy the game now and than but just when i start to enjoy it again ccp does soemthign that ruins my day ( or mornign if i wake up early like today)

That is true.
But if you look through the forums, people are talking about doing that very thing here by removing non-consent pvp from high sec.
I played UO, too. It was great in the beginning, but once they opened up Trammel it was done.
Now it is all item based and neon toys are everywhere.
I played that for 12 years, and I finally gave up on it after they sold it off for the third time.
But, it is an EA game, and the oldest and first MMORPG game in history so it will stick around, but it is total crap.

I try to get into a corporation and Corporation seem to be already pre initiated in a war between other people or pirates. And those guys pick on the ones who are a lesser level on their ships and their skills. So they could not really defend themselves. If this is relevant

Chat channels just make it very hard when you are supposed to be relating to people in your own sector. If youā€™re high SEC and youā€™re not low SEC youā€™re not at zero zero sec. You automatically invite yourself to be completely annihilated by being paid off by somebody to kill you. And itā€™s not a fair trial. Itā€™s a lot of issues in chat. But Iā€™m just only going by the same as you

not realy marcus this is about the not funstioning of the chat 's

This is real special, canā€™t even get a support ticket out now 403 Forbidden. Fix this ā– ā– ā– ā–  CCP

Is it better to submit help ticket or bug report? I can see you need to submit help ticket if you lose something because the chat failure, but otherwise just submit bug report, right? Any suggestion on catchy title?

Thanks!

funny when i joined the post were in the 70 and ppl still posting like they were the first poster rofl
and ccp still didnt fix the issue after only a few hours

When I posted the first time, I said the ops team was already working the issue. I checked before I posted, and believe me, Iā€™m only posting here tonight because I understand how serious an issue it is.

Without getting into details that Iā€™d probably misstate, work on the problem is ongoing. I donā€™t have any info about ETA for a fix. Sorry I canā€™t offer more.

13 Likes

ty for at least some feedback darwin that is apreciated

1 Like

Thank you CCP Darwin,

Any information on how this is tracking is muchly appreciated.
With 4 rorqs docked and a time frame to keep in building supers this is a problem.
But not big enough problem to lose all pleasantness.

atleast you are honest thanks.

Welcome to the J-space online.

Anyway I hope this get fixed soon.

2 Likes