Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

A night crew wouldent be a bad idea.

2 Likes

they have crews on a few continents they dotn need a night crew they always have a team active during week days that is

1 Like

CCP Darwin besides bug reports who can we tag on the forums?

1 Like

i mean plz just revert back to the old system as itā€™s simply not ok to be not having the ā€œlocalā€ channel this frequently

1 Like

Tagging people on the forums can raise awareness, but it may take hours or days for someone to see it and itā€™s not an effective way to get a fast answer to an issue. Support tickets are the best way to ask for a fix to a problem that needs immediate attention.

1 Like

Just lost a ship because the freakinā€™ chat system wasnā€™t workinng and didnā€™t see Hostile in local channel!!!

So youā€™re telling me that you work for CCP and you canā€™t contact the right people to get this taken care of immediately?
All the chat servers are failing.
No local, corp, alliance, convo, fleet chats are working.
None.
That would seem to me to be an issue that SOMEONE should be made aware of immediately.

1 Like

darwin just to be clear my bug report abotu this is attached for weeks and nothing changed

i realy dont care that ccp has a addiction to break thigns and just lets us suffer for soem tiem before they fix or reverse it

its maybe time to kick some of ur colleages under theyr asses
adn as the other guy said
implant a extendet early down time and put the old chat system back in place
it was not perfect but at least it worked

2 Likes

im just happy to see that im not the only one with this issue, this is what i suffer since lot months ago every day i login =)

that is the whoel reason why ppl are complaining and discssing this issue here
even in highsec it is now not safe cause you cant see the gankers or wartargers

Today a chat channels do not work for all, or only for me?

1 Like

for all scroll up and read * grabs popcorn* and sends the bill for the popcorn to ccp hq

2 Likes

Had 3 accounts that looked like they had local, however when char 1 said something, it didnā€™t show in char 2 or char 3ā€™s local or corp window because they had been logged in for several hours before this went system wide. Logged in 4 through 9 and all empty windows.
Attempted restarting clients.
Restarted launcher then restarted clients.
Restarted windows, launcher, and clients.
Updated windows, restarted, launcher and clients. All no go.

This isnā€™t rocket surgery. This is IT 101.
This isnā€™t something that ā€œneeds evaluating.ā€
This is a ā€œItā€™s broken, we either need to fix it in 24 hours or roll it back.ā€
This is not a difficult decision that requires multiple management and dev team meetings. You know itā€™s broken, and youā€™ve been playing the ā€œWeā€™re working on it, please be patient card for far to long in the tech industry.ā€
I know it sucks, that the shiny cloud solution has failed.
Iā€™ve had server solutions Iā€™ve built crash and burn too. But the solution is to own the problem, and move forward from it.

We love this game. We WANT to see it succeed. But when you let major issues like this fester, it alienates your player base.

Submitted 1 support ticket mentioning all accounts and the system/region Iā€™m in so they know its happening all over rather than a localized issue.
The help desk people arenā€™t to blame so be gentle with them, all they can do is pass it up the chain. Spamming tickets is like yelling at the register clerk because the ice cream machine isnā€™t working. Be polite, be professional, understand itā€™s not in their power to fix. Just give them the info and hope it gets resolved soon.

If itā€™s that game breaking you simply cannot wait, your credit card talks louder than anything else and can I have your stuff?

14 Likes

Well said.

haha you died.

So after 10 months youā€™re willing to concede that perhaps you need to chuck it out and go back to something that works? Is there some reason this decision wasnā€™t made in the first month of the disaster? Or even better having some testing done that shows it is broken before it was implemented?

Problem #1 is using customers as your beta testing.

Problem #2 is taking 10 months to realize you need to chuck it and go back to something that works.

Iā€™d address problems 3-100 but they pretty much boil down to not listening to the community regarding known issues.

yh only darwin just suggested pp lto make support tickets so i gues thats what theyr doing ā€¦

yes. ā€œAā€ support ticket.

my addition was to include the region you are in so they know itā€™s not just a ā€œjitaā€ problem

translated into eve that means theyll get a 1200 to 2000 tickets ā€¦

I donā€™t want to compare Eve to other games, but I have seen this happen before and it was the death knell for those games.
The game got sold, the new management ignored the problems and created new ones and nothing ever got better.
I donā€™t want that to happen here.

2 Likes