Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

thats the time it died at for me BRO

1 Like

Someone needs to be fired for this.
Who the heck came up with migrating the chat system to freeeking Amazon in the first place?
First rule of programming. Keep it in-house.

5 Likes

they already laid off msot of theyr staff dotn complicate it even further by them laying off mroe even hamsters need to be fed you know

2 Likes

I tend to agree, but when they sold out, they sold us out, too.

2 Likes

Since the Tidi fest in Geminate an hour or so ago, all the fleet chats have stopped working, leaving fleet and joining a new, the old fleetchat reappears ON TOP of the old one and continues to send old messages, the new fleet chat does not work at all, local is either blank or has 300 players from a system 20 jumps back, channels keep getting garbled with both names from previous fleet and new fleet on top of each other, messages are not being sent in any channels nor in local. I have never seen it this bad in my entire 3 years in EVE. Please reset your server, do a downtime right now or do whatever you have to. Its impossible to play like this right now. Please. Do something.

3 Likes

Hey folks. The ops team has been made aware of this issue. Don’t expect regular updates in this thread, but it’s possible another may be created for that purpose. Also, I don’t work on chat and it’s 3 am on a Sunday, so don’t tag me. Thanks.

5 Likes

You can maybe tag the right person then?

its here same time only 4:18

and good they they know about it but this should have bin fixed weeks ago than we would not be having this discussion now

No, since the “right people” are already on it, as I said.

5 Likes

First, thanks for letting us know CCP is aware of the issue. Perhaps the Ops team could put a status on EVE_Status on Twitter or something?

I heard on TS that the chat for the game is hosted on another server? why would you do this? the chat was fine. thanks for feed back btw.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback anyway. Maybe someone is responsible for feedback :wink:

Frankly we don’t care what time it is there, what day it is or whether or not people are sleeping.
Wake up whoever needs to be working on this and fix it.

5 Likes

people need sleep bro.

youre right were players for them its theyr job they get payed for it so they betetr get theyr asses moving or better in this case theyr fingers typing

1 Like

I am paying for this.
Wake them up.
If they can’t get up and do their job, then maybe they need to be at another job.

1 Like

Thats why we have people working night shifts on “system critical” stuff. Or maybe you’re suggesting that Aussies and Asians have to stay up at night to play EVE to accommodate Europeans and US players and workers ? :wink:

5 Likes

The best thing you can do if this happens is open a support ticket. The support staff are on duty and can contact whomever can fix the problem. Tagging random devs in the forums is not effective.

2 Likes

How about we just contact you and you tag them instead… or we can take our money and play something else.

And “If” this happens?
It is system wide, brother.
Totally unplayable like this.
So your suggestion is to have everyone open a support ticket?
I am so sure those guys appreciate your suggestion…

1 Like

after 4 bug report forms and 2 tickets in last 2 months youre serieusly suggesting we make mass tickets ?

just so we get banned from the ticket system for spam ?
“kidding me” ?

2 Likes