Devblog - Updates to The Agency, Journal, and Agent Finder

I thought I should drop this here so that people can continue to find the agents they want when this new feature goes live.

The best agent finder

http://eve-agents.com/

1 Like

I only use the Loyalty Point Log to check on my LP pool.

This is alone should be enough to not remove the agency window.

2 Likes

Wow this is going badly isn’t it…

2 Likes

The truth hurts.

At least with the new map they left us the option of using the old (better, more featured) one.

2 Likes

I use it to see in which corporations my loyality points are, becaused iam a onfocused player :wink:
And to count how many… :smiley:

In my opinion there are two places which are a good place for the loyalty points.

1. already named by Nana Skaski “The Wallet”: Player already calculating isk/lp so i only make sense.

but 2. it would also be interesting to see lp development in a graph. And here the Interaktion section in the Character sheet would be perfect.

Just my 5 isk

The new agent finder … doesn’t.

If I open the old agent finder and select lv4, caldari, security, the citadel. I see 36 agents.
In the new agency finder I get 12 with any distance selected.
If I select any distance in the old finder I see 150 agents.
Just broken.
Changing the agent finder to something with such limited scope is not better. It’s just change for change sake.

And I really dislike the new beta map too :frowning: It’s always repositioning itself and the old map style of coloring stars is so much easier to look at. And it’s flat. Way easier to navigate the flat map. You don’t get that in the new beta map. Even the lines are visible on the old map. Even though the range of colors is limited on the old map. orange<->red is not a wide enough range but sorry it’s still much better than the beta map.

Leave the LP list how it is. It’s a simple list of LP and I don’t see how it could be made any different except to surround it with graphics and for what purpose.

I’ve noticed a change towards massive screen filling windows. Screen real-estate was always at a premium in EvE, now we have windows that nearly cover the whole screen. It’s a little clumsy to work with. I don’t want to knock the graphics, it’s looking good, but tough to work with. For example, the agency window itself. It’s huge (also very sluggish). Or when probing out sites, I can’t get the map to a small enough size, EvE just refuses to let me shrink so many windows down to something that wont cover half my screen. I have more than one window to watch and windows having a minimum size for the sake of large borders is making things too tough to use.

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon no one likes the agency initiative.
You guys have tried it for months now and you can ask @CCP_Dragon who already has a lot of experience first hand from my own event threads where reception was unanimously negative from the timers, ui, to the load times, event setups and glitches. We don’t need a hub for this and it’s not sleek or utilitarian the way it is now.

Just let agency die, please. I believe my old quote was akin to mean girls. Stop trying to make fetch (agency) happen, it’s not going to happen. I don’t know anyone who uses the agency tab, thing is slow and just zonks everyone out cause it takes forever to load and the map is screwy and inaccurate. (Regular beta map is inaccurate too, especially active pilots in system setting but that’s another topic)
It provides nothing equal or better to the other menus already in place like agent finder.

If you guys dont make it better or provide significantly improved performance over the other options it will be scorned and no one will use it.
So don’t needlessly exoend the effort. There’s other more important things to fix.

9 Likes

Also do this @DEVS
It’s a good idea. You should have done it years ago.

If I may add please make the drop down menu larger also within wallet.
If I sort for player donations for example I have to scroll through a tiny drop down menu through a hundred different settings. Make the menu bigger so I can scroll through quicker and not be limited to 5 visible filters out of 100+ filters.

1 Like

Indeed.

But the devblog was asking for our feedback on the incursion tab’s LP log, which is a different LP listing of sorts from the LP listing under the missions/agents tab, only showing CONCORD LP, and showing which site, what time, how much LP, etc. from each incursion site you’ve done either in the current incursion focus or previous ones…

And in response to the devblog, as an incursioner I do use it (isn’t less than 1% of EVE incursioners? therefore, 0.5% usage of that feature is actually pretty high, since it means 50% of incursioners are using the CONCORD LP log window…), but not really to check my current focus LP, I just look at the incursion listing for that, where it shows the total # per toon per (current) incursion. I only check the log when I need to see a per-site breakdown, to see how much of LP came from VG sites vs. AS sites vs. HQ sites, or LP from a now-dead incursion. Things like that. Or want to see which of my 3 incursioning toons got LP which night I ran or whatever.

I wouldn’t be that broken up if you moved it… why not just move it to a new tab right next to the missioning LP tab that Stupil thought you were asking about, CCP?

2 Likes

I use the journal to view how much total LP I got but most importantly I use it to check where my expeditions go and how much time is left until they expire.Please do not merge it into agency tool until that tool is optimised.

2 Likes

I also follow Loyalty Points’ tab, are we going to keep it @CCP_Falcon ?

1 Like

We have much hate for slowness of Agency interface.

Death to slow interfaces.

5 Likes

And another thing: I see what you did with the stealth nerf to moon goo yields!

Seriously, they suck. Gotta fix it.

Do not remove the agent finder. Agency is slow, lack specificity of search, and does not even include R&D agents. What were you guys thinking? I know: make it easier for the Alphas. If you want to dumb for the Alphas (and make more money for CCP), ok. But lets leave functional game elements in place for those of us who pay our annual fee, and are not interested in the dumb version of EVE.

8 Likes

I cant say how much i agree that the agency window isnt a proper agent finder. Dear ccp, ever used windows 10 and got startled at how user unfriendly some things feel? dont make eve feel like that.

2 Likes

Bottom line. Agency is fine for the Alphas. Omegas do not need it or want it. As noted by other capsuleers, it is slow and does not provide a comprehensive search result. Did I mention it is slow? I realize that you want to the newbies not to leave the game as a result of it’s complexity and steep learning curve, but dumbing down the game should not be forced on Omegas.

Is it absolutely necessary to remove old journal? How about leaving Journal and Agent finder old way and just expanding Agency with new features?

1 Like

That won’t happen.

CCP has been working on killing their own game. We have had months of people providing feedback on the Agency window and nothing much to see for improvements. Oh we might get a new tag or some such. But it is still bloated and laggy

2 Likes

They thankfully kept the old map so there’s a light at the end of that tunnel. I only hope its daylight not the freight train …