Agency's functionality

Almost a year since this topic was created: Petition for return of Agent finder, or add functionality
@CCP_Falcon
@CCP

Am I just missing something or the Agency still:

1. doesn’t allow to filter the agents by their systems’ security status;
  2. doesn’t allow to filter the agents by availability to the player;
  3. only shows 12 agents on single page cutting off everything else.

Please correct me if I just don’t see some button to enable these things.
But if I’m correct then this is… ridiculous.

p.s. For those who might want to jump in just to remind me to “open a corp to see its agents”: how do I see all 4th level security agents of all factions located in highsec, without any regard to the distances? Old agent finder allowed that. It still can be done via corp interface - but it’s tedious (multiply the factions by the amount of the corps which have security agents).

This Agency thing was created to streamline stuff, no?

2 Likes

Have a look on the test server (SISI). The Agency has had a revamp and has a better agent finder & filters (the limit is now 30 agents).

1 Like

I hope it has at least the same functions as the old agent finder.

1 Like

Unfortunately the map was taken out, so now I have no idea where the agents actually are…

1 Like

And the agent list isn’t even sorted by distance. I swear everytime they’ve the agent locator they’ve made it worse.

1 Like

Removing map from the agent screen is a great loss. It was very convenient to plan multi agent runs. Now it’s just a list :frowning:

Censured

1 Like

Where can I find that?

Censured

1 Like

Censured

1 Like

Oh, that map.
That doesn’t really help. Not as much as the old agent-map did anyway.
I do use it now, instead of, but it’s quite a hassle.

There definitely are improvements with the new agency, especially for finding storyline agents. I used to probe those myself. So it’s a trade off: some good for some bad.

Why they had to remove the map is a big question mark for me.
Perhaps it’s to do with discouraging botting? Like they did when axing lvl4’s for alpha’s?

Or perhaps somebody just forgot to copy/paste it in the new agency.

2 Likes

Censured

1 Like

It’s not to see the route for one agent, it’s about seeing clusters of agents on the map. For example I want to raise standings/get LP with a R&D corp, to get access to higher lvl agents. It’s then quite useful to see where there’s a cluster of said corp. That was easy as pie in the old installment.
Now I have to ‘add waypoint’ to all of them, and then F10 to see where there might be a cluster.

Oh well.
I’ll adapt or die. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Censured

2 Likes

Guess it depends on which in-game map you’re using. I use the old map and I’m not really familiar with the new Beta map. There’s an option to de-select using the Beta map in the Esc menu - General Settings tab.

The reason I bring up the old in-game map is because it has an option to color stars according to different selections.

When you open the map, in the World Map Control Panel, select the Star Map tab - select the Stars tab - then click ‘My Information’ to open the drop down menu and select ‘My Available Agents’. That will color all the systems that have agents available for you, just hover the mouse over the colored star to see a list of Agent names, Division and their level. Right click on an Agent’s name and select ‘Show Info’ to open that Agents info box.

Seems CCP has made some changes because it use to also include the Corporation name as well.

Personally I mainly use the map to view system statistics - amount of active pilots in system, amount of pilots docked, amount of ship & pod kills, amount of NPC’s destroyed, etc.

To find Agents within a specific Corporation of a specific Faction, I use the ‘Interactions’ tab in the character sheet.

Right click on a Faction and select ‘Show Info’ to open the info box, then select ‘Member Corps’ tab, then right click on a Corp and select ‘Show Info’ to open the Corp info box. Select the ‘Agents’ tab in the Corp info box and then select Agent level. There will be up to 4 different drop down menus listed, one for each different Agent Division. Click on one of those Divisions to view available Agents.

Each Agent will have their name, level, system name, system security level and amount of jumps listed in that box. Right click and select ‘Show Info’ on an Agent to open that Agent’s info box or just right click and select ‘Set Destination’. After that it’s a good idea to reference the Star Map for system / route info.

Anyway, it’s a bit of a chore to do it that way but it’s actually more precise than using the Star Map since you’re viewing all available Agents in that specific Corp. I don’t think the Agency lists all available Agents.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try some of that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.