Fix the agent finder in the agency

As outlined in Getting rid of the Agent Finder? NOOOOOOO! and other palces there are still a lot of problems in the agent finder which is currently in place in the agency.
How did any dev think that replacing a, for the player well working, system should be replaced by something which offers much less features and is not even showing all the agents in 2(5, 10, …) systems range.
Please bring the agent finder back until you have at least the same functionality in the agency.

12 Likes

bump want to keep this topic alive to show ccp that this needs fixing.
Also have this nice screenshot which shows perfectly that an agent which is in range and fits the filters is not shown in the new agent finder: https://i.imgur.com/6kK5o3H.jpg
According to the out of game agent finder there should be many more shown: https://www.thonky.com/eve-online-guide/find-nearby-agents?systemOrAll=system&sysname=Ichinumi+&jumpmax=2&factions[]=500001&levels[]=2&divisions[]=22&sortfield=none&ascdesc=asc

4 Likes

Put Agent-Finder back in the UI, it was fully functional.
Now I have to use out-off game services, up to 3 sites…

The Agency doesn’t offer not even 20% of the functionality.

Replacing Agent Finder with a half-assed Agency shows CCP not caring about customers.

9 Likes

CCP definitely needs to replace all the aspects and functionality of the Agent Finder back into the game as a separate application. There’s just way too much stuff crammed into The Agency now for it to be an effective tool. It’s more like a generalized overview lacking info specifically needed to play the game competently.

4 Likes

CCP doesn’t bring back old UI’s when they’ve decided on a new one. But they do sometimes make improvements and we can hope that since anything for the benefit of new players finding content quickly and easily is considered very important, that The Agency will get some upgrades in the future. Until then, I miss the old agent finder, like everyone else who knew it :frowning:

3 Likes

Putting everything in the agency is eventually a mess as well as inconvenience but more visual?

2 Likes

Just wait till they remove agents tab from corp info windows.

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like

I agree… I HATE the Agency window. I used to put the Agent finder in a corner of my screen and watch for close agents as I ran distro missions so I could pick up any close ones as I flew by, no way I can do that now. AT the very least, let us have access to both. I also hate you cant filter out low/nulsec agents at all. They clutter it up even more.

5 Likes

having a sec status filter would do a lot to make it more usable. I’m typically only looking for agents in 0.5 or 0.6 systems for highsec, and then 0.1 for lowsec agents.

3 Likes

Just found another pretty major problem. When you click on an agent on the left, and then click ‘Set Destination’ on the bottom right it sets the destination to the SYSTEM, not the station, you still have to figure out which station they are in or open the Agency window again and click dock. I think someone needs to get fired over this abomination. I thought improvements to games were, get this, make them easier to use and improved, not a HUGE backwards step.

6 Likes

Well, I’d love to disagree with you since it is my default stance but the Agency is now an unfocused, poorly implemented, clumsy piece of **** deserving of being taken out behind the shed and shot in the head for both its own good and ours.

5 Likes

Bump,

The agency sucks. How can I just find agents that I have the required standing. Locators?

2 Likes

Agreed. Had to use other websites to locate agents I need for research, should be able to do in game.

3 Likes

…in a massive bubble camp.

1 Like

This is a case of CCP choosing form over function, and yet again changing something that no-one asked for.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say there were no people asking for change of the UI and functionalities around all the myriad of locations where you manage your PVE activities. I really like the idea of having 1 menu for all the things relating to missions, escalations, LP, standings, incursions, mission journal and so on. Just the implementation with this Agency window was more than abysmal.

This would go a long way to make the agency better in my opinion. The problem is simply that CCP did not allocate enough development resources towards this massive project and deemed it s a a mere UI redesign side-project.

2 Likes

Did any Fanfest attendee ask a Dev about this feature change?

1 Like

I like to think that some did. However I highly doubt CCP would acknowledge it.

More than likely their response about the Agency Agent Finder was ‘it’s working as intended’…

2 Likes

Just been reading your MTU hunting guide. Good stuff!

1 Like