Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

Lol no

Interesting this inversion of costs.

1 Like

I agree. Anyone not able to be war decā€™d should need to continue to pay the NPC tax rate at the least. That is the main reason players create corps is to not pay taxes on mission running, etc. You need to have some risk if you want to venture off away from the safety of an NPC corp. This is having your cake and eating it too. Being able to not be war decā€™d and play the game at will without the taxes of an NPC corp. A lot of corps just rent space in a station and just run missions from the agent from there. It is like a structure in space for them but now they canā€™t be challenged with a war dec.

2 Likes

It was brought up about making corporations pay higher taxes that donā€™t own structures.

1 Like

Really? So you would be punished if you donā€™t have structures, and if you have a structures you would also be punished.

This band-aid is getting better and better.

They already do in a sorta way if a lot of them are flocking in station (the rent rises to Jita values, B ISK/month).

1 Like

Who cares itā€™s high sec income like legit this is such a small number it wont matter. Iā€™d be on the side of just let them keep the money so they can build up and grow. Itā€™s better in the long run.

Its just about carrot and stick with the carrot being get a structure or move out of hisec.

I war decā€™d a null sec corp once with my little corp and we paid through the roof for it. It was fun because we found content and they fought back, but not very fair for the couple players we had to have to pay the hundreds of millions to war dec them when it wouldā€™ve cost them something like 50 mil to war dec us.

2 Likes

this is probably the worst thing i have seen done to highsec. However. We will adapt to the change and push on to ganking alpha clones (in a non wardecable corp of course) to kill certain targets if paid to do so. Alpha clones are easy to make and destroy are they not :stuck_out_tongue:

You could have given lets say a 3 month carebear package to newley formed corpā€™s and if they put a structure down before the 3 months then they can be wardeced, Or reach a certain number of players in the corp to be able to be wardeced.
If players start stealing others moon ores i suggest you start making them suspect when they do. So its then fair game to the indy guysā€¦

Eitherway Welcome to a softer more cuddly EVEOnline. (Where your actions donā€™t have consequences unless you have assets in space)

There is also no reason to be in a corp.

okay sure - but for the occasional PvE agent mission, youā€™d be saving the 10% tax, right?

Garth

You can wardec to kill structures now under the old system. People dont go around wholesale killing structures because structures are cancer; structure bashing in eve is the absolute worst form of pvp in the game - its boring and wholly unrewarding. 9 times out of 10, its just a half hour out of your life lost forever. In general, people war dec in high sec because they want to shoot ships, not structures. Hell, there are abandoned structures metastasizing all over eve. So the new system wont change much with structures, rather all it will do is create yet another mechanism for folk to avoid pvp.

1 Like

The structure nerf was the worst thing to highsec. And now the taking down your nerfed structures will let you keep your corp and stay away from being war decā€™d. This is a bad choice.

You can not own moons in highsec. You need to move out of highsec to own moons. Concord rules allow you to moon mine in highsec. But the moving from a structure into a rented corp office should not give you immunity from being war decā€™d. If you war dec moon miners you should be allowed to regardless of a structure or not. Theyā€™d have to be in an NPC corp and indy players hate HATE paying taxes.

1 Like

Only downside I see for attackers is you now run the risk of dealing with more defencive efforts/ alliances. The purpose of the change seems to do exactly that. More wars, less logout/ leave Corp, and less attack uninformed newbee corps.

1 Like

im speaking for some lads that mentioned it. Im marmite i will adapt and kill as always. Still think this is a dig at us means we get paid to kill people. Not our fault Highsec players can be toxic to one another :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And it is 100% because of how successful you guys are. They mentioned this at Eve Vegas keynote. Not by name but 90% of all wars are from like 5 corps or something like that. And their kill ratio was too high. They made up that player corps after war stop playing eve, but the players actually leave the corp back into an NPC corp or go into another player corp. It was bogus statistics to make us feel bad for them.

3 Likes

On the other hand If i was to put a system in i would put a Mercenary contract system in. Just like our contract system now only you link the corp/alliance you wish to be attacked and link the corp/alliance that will attack it. Pay a fee for the contract and give a reward to the corp/alliance for full filling the contract.

Thatā€™s how it should be. But I agree they want us to feel bad about players paying us for doing a great jobā€¦ its silly.

This is at least a much better than the original ideas, require the attacker to also have a structure.

Having an alliance with one corporation having a structureā€¦ and if a war gets too hotā€¦ then remove that corporation from the alliance = war over for the alliance 24hrs later? Itā€™s like an equivalent to the old ā€œclosing the corporationā€ method of avoiding war decsā€¦

Excellent. Can join a corp and start to enjoy the game again. Sweet time to come back :grin:

Dancing with joy, finally something good happens in New Eden.

2 Likes