Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

Good news for Marmite haters. After 9 years of Marmites, we will be closing our doors on :

Friday the 12th of April.

Bad news for highsec war haters… many of us will be joining PIRAT. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

sad times

more blobs

ugh, this is not what it should look like.

Just stopping by to say that the changes that are allowing player corps to completely avoid war decs while still getting full use of structures is dumb as ■■■■.

Who ever thought up this system should resign honorably.

The CSM discussed having to anchor a wardec structure that declares war.

How about you just have to have a structure to declare war but not get declared on. This way defenders have an objective to end the war instead of just withstanding it.

Giving players complete protection outside of ganking was hugely dumb.

1 Like

Npc corps also get full use of structures if they are on the ACL while being immune to wardecs. So… why do you see this as a problem. They can’t help defend it so just kill it if it upsets you.

Defender objectives need to include more than just blowing up a structure also. Because most attackers are not at risk from defenders hitting their structures.

2 Likes

Why does every one keep telling me about npc corps?

They need fixing too.

1 Like

Because you are obsessing over restricting peoples choices? Nothing is wrong with NPC corps. If people are not in a war deccable corp they can not defend the structure. So blow it up. There is no issue there.

The only place there even might be is moon mining, and that I’m happy for everyone outside alliance to go suspect.

2 Likes

The issue is there is no engagement. That’s the problem with wars. Not bullying.

Ok… I’m not going to disagree with that though I don’t agree either. Those aren’t exclusive problems and you can have both at once.
But that still has nothing to do with people being able to be in a corp that can’t be wardecced.

It’s because wars aren’t always about structures.

I might want to wardec your Corp because you are moving too much ammo from jita to amarr and hurting my profits.

How do I stop you?

Sure. you can’t wardec me. But you couldn’t before because I used an NPC member to haul with. Now my haulers all share 1 corp.making it easier to gank me or lock me out of places. It’s not like anything has gotten worse, and the ability to dec npc corps or individual people is too abusable to ever be added. So it’s about as good as you can get unless ccp ban alts.

1 Like

Because npc corps have always been broken is not a good reason to break player corps.

Npc corps should be war eligible.

Starting corps should be war ineligible and should kick you after 5 million sp

1 Like

At which point you have killed the game because people would permadec the npc corps. Well done. And you destroyed any guidance in the starter corps also.
It’s never going to happen because it would be so abused.

2 Likes

Permadecced npc corps would force people into player corps which would be a good thing.

Maybe the npc corps would come up with actual leadership.

Kind of a beautiful picture.

Letting you high sec pubbies be completely immune to pvp is terrible.

And there come the personal insults… How unsurprising but also disappointing, since it shows what you really are after is just targets to.farm for a green kill board and epeen.

With no real thought as to what it would do to the game. Well… enough discussion I guess. You can have your view but it won’t ever happen, just like the guys who want all pvp removed from high won’t ever get that either.

2 Likes

although… some of the ideas @Jehle mentioned arent all out bad ideas; starter or ‘university’ corps for example that couldnt be decked and push the newbs out after so many sp sounds like a good idea, id probably go with less sp before kickout - leadership could come from the devs/isd or maybe even player volonteers.
npc corps however im not so sure about; there are groups like CAS for example that operate in syndicate with some form of leadership - but, permadecking corps feels to me like harrassment in many ways, besides; if they were open to decks they would have to be open to other items maybe? or maybe the faction they are aligned with… i dnt know; but i thought the starter corp thing wasnt a bad idea…

1 Like

Players work inside those starter corps as leadership also. I mean, do you really want to cut new players off from more experienced players when we know as 99.99etc% sure fact that social interaction is a huge part of retention.
Sure, some of those players give bad advice, but some give good advice also, or at the very least know about options.

The devs sure don’t have time to be leaders and the isd would need a whole new division for that, which would also be a pain to ensure wasn’t being manipulated by say… test volunteers to influence direction of people.

@Jehle

I agree with most of what you say, in particular where defenders shouldn’t have to have a structure to be war eligible. However you can’t make npc corps deccable.

I’d say you should gank the haulers.

But yeah, we definitely did social corps wrong.

How does it make a difference having a social corp instead of forcing people to sit inside an npc corp. There is no good reason for forcing all player corps to be targetable.

Ganking is a just a loophole that is left unfixed.

I’m not a huge fan myself.

1 Like

The best reason to make all groups targetable is because high sec never was and never should be a safe Haven for the timid who don’t want to participate in Eve.

High sec should be grooming new players to move them into the end game areas of space where there is no safety.

Wars serve as a perfect window of danger to a general area of safety making only a fraction of the players in high sec a legal Target.

Wars are also incredibly easy to operate under. Players in low and null operate under much worse conditions every day. The fixes to wars shouldn’t be making players immune to them, it should be teaching them how to deal with them. A much more difficult task.