Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

so am I right there is now no reason to keep a new character (e.g. highsec hauler/trader/industry) in an NPC corporation rather than placing it in a 1-man corp? Am I missing any reason to stay in NPC corp?

Garth

Because they didnā€™t just redo the Badger/Tayra/Osprey etc, less than six months ago.

/sigh

hmm, lets open a can of wormsā€¦

I once (maybe twice, maybe thrice) stated one time, the Empires are in Lore technically at war with each otherā€¦

Make the NPC corps at warā€¦
for exampleā€¦
Gallente Corpā€¦guy is fine, so long as he doenst travel to Caldari or Amarr space (high or low). But if he does, and a player in the NPC Caldari Militia corp or the Amarr NPC militia corp can shoot him on sightā€¦within the borders fo their respective govermentsā€¦(take note player corps in the militia are not included in this for a good reason).

Solution for avoiding: Join a player corp.
Now those that remain in NPC corps can be faction loyalists and play FW and RP to their hearts content

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been talking to the war dec community on a daily basis for something like six months now.

3 Likes

@Brisc_Rubal any news you can share on possibility of the bounty system being removed. I remember that was possibly up for suggestion due to resource issues on the server.

Yes. Many months ago. Do you know how many not reworked ships there are still in EVE?

At last CCP grown up to change that previous, flawed design. What I am thinking is this image, and brighter future:

1 Like

Iā€™m still pushing for that, but no updates that Iā€™m aware of.

1 Like

The point you were making is that CCP would rather make skins than redesign ships. They have demonstrated that they can do both, and there are examples of ships being redone recently, in addition to four new ships and designed jump gates and structures in last month alone.

You can ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about CCP all you want, but the one part that invariably works well and works hard is the art team.

4 Likes

That I agree with. I just they dunk in their leadership head more so that they are allowed to work more on ship instead of skins. No one needs these money grabs except for Hilmar.

The 0.0 point is decent. But wormhole corps should be allowed to war dec high-sec corps too. And so should null-sec corps. It helps them cut off supply lines into and out of highsec they might use for trading purposes. So yes and no. The structure in my mind should not be what makes your corp able to war decā€™d or not. It is a decent point and would put some null sec corps at an advantage of high-sec corps when in a war against those two because of the low risk of the high-sec corp coming out of that area into your area even after they use locators to determine where your players are mostly. This just seems like the wrong ā€˜fixā€™ for a bunch of reasons.

I liked the current bounty system myself I thoughti t made sense but I guess its just not incentive enough for people to actually go after bounties?

It just doesnā€™t do anything, and the amount you get back for hunting is negligible. Itā€™s been nerfed into irrelevance to stop RMT. It just makes lag in big fights now.

4 Likes

Also allows a spy corp that joins an alliance to drop a structure and put the whole alliance eligible for a war if none in the alliance had a structure to begin with.

Or if a corp drops a structure without telling the alliance, the turnout is the same, the alliance will be eligible for war.

1 Like

But, what if it does work and these high-sec mercs do get grouped up on and their structures found and elimiated and their wars stop because they war decā€™d too many people at the same time and they where able to group up and eliminate them from declaring war. That would be impressive if it would work.
Iā€™ve changed my mind. Iā€™m willing to see how this goes and see if that would happen. That would prove that this system would work or not. If it does Iā€™ll eat my words; if not it will prove that this doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

Fair. I suppose it is abit more effective to just put out a x amount of money for kill mails of a certain person that you personally approve or what not.

What money grab, I thought Hillmar sold his personal stock?

Heā€™s still CEO, so he still makes money

Kinda like this idea

Your worries about EVE economy is touching, brought tears in my eyes :joy:

1 Like