Devblog: War Declaration Changes - The War Adjacent to Christmas

It’s an interesting thought. Though, while I do think NPC corps shouldn’t be immune to player conflict as they are now, I’m not sure having them automatically flagged in “enemy” systems is the way to go (and it’d probably encourage most people into rolling Caldari again, because Jita). Joining a militia corp kind of already serves that function anyway for the people who really want to fight for their faction (though factional navy makes conflict in enemy space rather annoying to arrange outside of low sec. It’s rather backwards that leaving FW and war deccing an enemy corporation gives you more freedom to fight them than both groups being in FW).

Either way, it doesn’t really solve the issues related to limiting player corp v player corp war decs. Even with roleplay wars, like other players in EVE most roleplayers do not stay in NPC corps. Roleplay disputes also tend to go beyond just simple factional loyalty. Two characters in the same faction might come to conflict and declare war on each other over some RP development entirely unrelated to the faction conflict (like I as an Amarr loyalist have badmouthed the Khanid King in-character and been wardecced by RP corporations loyal to the Khanid Kingdom, and I have wardecced Blood Raider characters after they performed in-game blood sacrifices even though we were both fighting in Amarr FW).

If you really make something bad repeatedly to empire NPC members, then empire that you targeted will be at war with you personally already. Its coded in standings mechanism. You just have to run enough good paying, particular missions with one faction to be at war with another.

Capsuleers start with clear account, then they are evaluated by making some decisions that matter.

1 Like

Frankly, I’m surprised that there’s no third party website set up to do stuff like that.

1 Like

That is a really fantastic idea…and lucrative if you charge a networking fee for people :stuck_out_tongue:

true to some of your points…

I think the first time i mentioned this idea, the thread was on the old forums, so archived. My idea had more meat to it and there was discussion, lamenting, and gnashing of teeth from different angles for a short bit.

I dont have the steam to get into particulars of that topic again, but i felt the basic premise could use a gloss over mention.
So i find you thoughts of it being interesting promising at the very least. Maybe you and the other RP’rs could take it and flesh it out to something to make RP and FW a better place in EvE than what it is now.

1 Like

Don’t matter if I’m right or not about picking on newbees. Only the second part of my post that you neglected to copy/ paste mattered.

This is tantamount to giving larger corps/alliances the ability to go and kill off any small corp in the game who play this for fun on their own as they will not be able to defend against it

I put a citidall up in remembrance, which will now be able to be destroyed by any one in eve, it feels like putting a tome stone up in a real life grave yard and saying to the world, feel free to deface and destroy my memories. This feels like a death knoll to small corps owning anything citidall related in EVE full stop !!!

Thanks, that was very insightful. My comment about newbee corps being picked on still stands as a good reason for these changes. Unfortunately it will hurt some as you pointed out. Also it forces lazy pvp players that pick on easy targets to potentially be forced to form alliances, take more care in targets they select. Sounds like decent balence or give and take.

1 Like

you reailze,
as a structure owner your complaints has always been this way from…crap probably long before i started playing?

an accurate view from one perspective, unless you are the small corp being hit on, then the perspective changes.

quick to shoot some one down for posting a remark, and btw it is not a complaint just my opinion on how it will pan out and makes me feel. You on the other hand have your opinion :slight_smile:

Which, given that the trend in the Minmatar hull updates has been away from the ‘thrown together from whatever’s on the shelf’, doesn’t make much sense. Especially since the Bellicose is pretty well proven in battle. It’s one of the oldest hulls in the Republic Fleet, along with the pre-refit Stabber.

Well, they are and they aren’t. There’s no widespread warfare, but rather a set of limited-scope conflicts overseen by CONCORD through the CONCORD Emergency War Militia Powers Act or some such. ie: FW. Outside of the warzones, the Militias are at war with one another. It’s a permanent wardec, in effect, even in highsec. That’s already there.

So will Eve be renamed in december to fluffy online?

1 Like

and to date the education has been ‘wardecced? play an alt or logoff for a week’

That did not work out well for retention.

As for whoever said this is just a bandaid? So? Bandaids are applied to stop the bleeding, begin the healing. Kneejerk? Do you think that this is a quick fix to a new problem or has this issue been known about for a while?

psshht

m

1 Like

Not thrown together from whatever, but new, better whatevers. That makes a big difference. Also the idea of keeping everything close to the core means you can shield one system with another, giving it a lot more resilience and survivability. And its more economic use of materials.

I’m just glad there is no way there will be major unintended consequences from this. Even in that highly unlikely event ccp has shown they will react quickly and with eminent sense.

Can almost smell those bonus’.

Forum posts are usally just from one perspective. An individuals opinion on a topic. I am thoughtful of many perspectives on this topic, I only posted my opinion on part of it. Balence, if you choose to call it that, always has multiple sides. Some like it, some don’t.

I am interested to see how this all works out. More unknown changes on the way. I’m sure many of the opinions on this thread will change.

Those without territory should not participate in the conduct of warfare.

All of that aside, if you are unafraid of war, why is the need to have a simple structure (it can be a small POS in some far flung corner). I think that it isn’t a bad thing that one can be “knocked out” of the war-game. You havet to pick yourself back up, build a new castle, and then engage once again.

The biggest ‘issue’ is with war dec, as described in the blog above, is interaction with them and war being pushed on people who don’twant them.

Those people who are part of that problem are principally the small scale industrialists. They’re the peeps who when war dec’d don’t have the ability, numbers or inclination to fight.

So to address this issue CCP just puts a massive target on any of these industrialists, by diluting the ‘war-pool’.

That is not a solution to either of the problems stated at the outset. namely 1) generating interaction or 2) avoiding war being thrust on people.

Fix the cause, not the symptoms. The cause is the enduring PVP versus the carebear attitude and mechanics.

1 Like