Devblog: War, War Sometimes Changes

You misunderstand. Part of the whole narrative presented at Eve Vegas was that a FEW groups had really high KDR’s and that it was all STARK!

They changed wardec mechanics for more than just that, but it’s part of the data they presented at Eve Vegas in order to show the community that it is broken and needs fixing. The data that was presented was taken from stats of the “Big 5” in the wardec community (which don’t all exist anymore).

Yes I do associate myself with a player that has been categorized in that “few”, and I’d say that in recent years, most of the Highsec war content was engaged in by someone from the “big 5”. Again, the whole reason why the stats and data look as ■■■■ as they do is solely because of CCP. Players adapt and flock to what is optimal and easiest. CCP’s lack of interest in balancing and tuning created this meta.

4 Likes

It seems Hilmar finally saw what you and your friends are.
Space Bullies that jump in a fleet on a new bro (in a retriever) and feel proud of it.
Not to forget your neutral logistic fleet that is always with you.

Really i cant stop laughing about the situation :slight_smile:

@ Clonekiller
I was wrong not the april (anti coward) update will destroy your group.
CPP will end your coward gameplay!

And meanwhile Pandemic Horde take care of your guys.

1 Like

With CCP admitting that bullying takes place I wonder if there’s reason for a legal case from anyone claiming to have been bullied in game and forced to quit…or from someone being bumped for who knows how long thereby preventing them playing.

Bullying in any form shouldn’t ever be acceptable…

Come on, dude.

2 Likes

With todays mindset it wouldn’t surprise me.

FFS ! Try taking someone to a court of law in any country with an accusation of ‘bullying’ in a PvP-based game, they could probably do with a good laugh…

Just to ask a moot questian since I think I already know the answer.

“If” there was a way to let small high sec corps wd the large alliances again, would that affect their gameplay because they sell their wares in highsec?

I dont know the stats enough to know if the fire ant angle would make a difference…

I think you’ll find we’ll be just fine dude. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the laugh! Oops, it’s 2019… is laughing at someone bullying yet?

Those were Hilmars words.

As it’s 2019 with cyber bullying being a real thing. Does it matter if it’s on social media or in a game?

What’s the difference?

But I think people who brag about bullying players and forcing them to quit should be worried about repercussions, same as the Devs who know it goes on but ignore it.

Laughing at someone you just forced into a meltdown or to quit just to fulfill your own narcissism is without doubt bullying.

1 Like

This is where you are losing the plot.
I say this as someone who is normally arguing the high sec PvE’er side.
It is very hard to force someone to quit a game like EVE. You have to outright target them which is an EULA violation already.
People can however quit because they suffered a loss they weren’t prepared for, or just realised that EVE was not the game for them. But that is not forcing a player to quit.
Please don’t confuse cause and effect, or motivations behind actions.

2 Likes

Just letting you know that I’m laughing at you. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings. We’re playing a game here where I want to blow up your stuff. If you act like a child after losing some pixels, I can very well laugh at you.

Fun fact! I’ve had more hate, racism, sexism, and harassment hurled at me from “carebears” that I have from other pvp’ers. I wonder why that is?

3 Likes

My feelings aren’t hurt in the slightest.

I was just theorising about cyber bullying and where it impacts gaming.

I’ve seen players on these forums bragging about how they made players quit in the past, I’m not losing the plot when a player admits to it.

1 Like

Federal Navy Academy FTW :slight_smile:

At which point it’s already an EULA violation, nothing new needs to change for it, the rules just need enforcing.

1 Like

Ded game

Overall, I think the war dec changes have been great. One situation I encountered the other day, though, doesn’t make sense to me and seems like an unintended consequence of the changes. I was trying to rep a freighter that was being bumped in hisec and at risk of an impending gank. I tried to rep it and couldn’t because the pilot had entered a duel with an alt for webs to try to get into warp quicker. Clearly, they weren’t “dueling” each other and both wanted me to rep the freighter, but I couldn’t…without going criminal.

This situation existed before, but I could choose to risk going suspect if I wanted. Going criminal isn’t a viable option, though.

I don’t know the solution. Maybe a “friendly” mod (like remote repairing) that webs but doesn’t require a duel could work, or maybe a way for me to enter their “duel” and be able to help, or maybe a way for them to both allow outside assistance in their duel.

A friendly mod would then be usable by anyone on you to mess with you in a mission.
Be careful what you wish for.

In short, tough luck to that freighter. And it also goes to show that webs don’t keep a freighter safe.

The carebear in some here is high. If you can’t handle Eve, why are you even playing it? Eve, a game where I can blow up all your stuff, laugh about it in local, then steal your alliance+assets and shoot your own structure with the stolen ships. That’s playing the game as intended. Some here would have a hard time when Eve was still really a harsh game (few years ago). Can flipping time, etc…

1 Like