Devblog: War, War Sometimes Changes

Not without making them utterly complex, which would be against the whole point of crime-watch 2.0 which was to simplify it.

Great content. We are hoping for more of these fights. Great work to the 300 who came to play. We look forward to many more exchanges if you have the balls to keep the pressure on us. Game on!

Yeah the funny thing about this is that the feedback from the wardeccers side has been 100% positive. They have enjoyed the fights. But you have to understand that the fun might end if the mechanics are so broken that there is no reason to attack your war hqā€™s. You will also benefit from solid, non-broken mechanics. Because it will mean there is real reason to fight.

It will always make pvp more fun when there are reasons to fight and not just random ganks.

1 Like

So, one issue Iā€™ve run into with the neutral logi changes: Allies who enter the war on your behalf are still affected by the neutral logi rule.

I had a war going the other day and had several parties enter the war officially as allies. We fleeted up together, and we couldnā€™t rep each other without getting Concorded. That seems like a bit of a problem considering the whole ā€œallyā€ system.

3 Likes

This is the same reason multiple targets of a single attacker never work together. Long running issue, no clean solution.

If you allow it it will be used fully against you.
It is working as it was intended.

Although cost has been increased to 100m this still does nothing to adjust for the fact that each additional war ā€œshouldā€ cost incrementally MORE. You know, 1 front war, 2 front war etc. Didnā€™t go so well for a certain country in WWIIā€¦because of stupidā€¦

Thatā€™s nothing to do with cost. Thatā€™s to do with Riskā€¦ you know, like the swarms that hit Pirates war hq recently.

Wellā€¦ It also means so many more people can band together to destroy the war structure/sā€¦ but they donā€™t want to. Soā€¦ ā€œCCP FIXā€ā€¦ right?

If there is one thing this change has proven. People donā€™t really care to work together, no matter how many asked for a deployable they can destroy to end a war. People are not actually really interested in doing so. There was interest in the first month or soā€¦ but that died quickly.

1 Like

Except they canā€™t, because Crimewatch kills their logi.
Itā€™s not the same for 50 smaller entities to fight 1 large entity.

it kills everybody logi. I had to move all my alts into the corp. Others can do the same. Or n+100 since there is only so much Logi can handle.

Sure, but one large entity actually has internal logi in numbers.
50 small entities might have 2 logi on grid each.
Meaning all the large entity has to do is out dps 2 logi.
In the mean time they probably have 20 or 30 logi on grid.

Saying ā€˜all they have to do is move all their altsā€™ is A: Saying that you have to have 5 alts to play EVE, and B: Being utterly stupid.

I wish I had 5 alts. :). But look at the 2 man wardeccers right now. or one man corps. Even these guys are not being attacked.

I can understand it will be difficult for smaller groups to handle PIRAT. But a 1 man corp? If people donā€™t even care enough to get rid of a 1 man corp then really. Why must CCP fix it because people do not want to attack a 1 man corp declaring wars.

All thess white knights that could not wait to stick it to these wardeccers suddenly vanished.

Apologies if I sound a bit agitated. But we had to adapt I am sure other people can too.

2 Likes

Hi CCP dev,

I would like to bring to your attention a loophole that attacking griefing war dec corps are using to run away from a fight.

currently the war dec lasts 7 days after it starts, if the defender fights back they have only 7 days to take down the HQ to end the war. but the structure reinforcement timer mandate a minimum of 7 days for the reinforce timer, so if we take it down between the 7day timer they get 7days + remaing days (5 days in this case) added to their hull reinforcement timer.

now the griefing war dec corp doesnt pay the war bill and the war ends the next week and they get to keep their HQ as we cant take it down anymore since the war ended.

Please fix this loophole, a simple suggestion is to double the cost of war decā€™s to 200 million and make it active for 2 weeks instead of the current 100mil and one week commitment period to fix this exploit.

Thanks,

with regards,

your Capsulier

Or just counter dec them? It happens instantly.

it would turn into a bait system, where after you dec them they call for allies and bash your structure that you have to expose to counter dec them.

Andā€¦ then you end your dec? And they have to dec you.

right so whats the purpose of prolonging this joker cycle?

The bit you are missing is where you blow their bait structure up because it was reinforced.
If they can wardec you and surprise you with allies in order to blow your structure upā€¦
Then they just blow your structure up to start with.

Because someone who cares about only pipe camping isnā€™t going to run around bashing everyoneā€™s structures instead. And if they care about your structure they know where it is to start with.

Agreed, but instead of all this a simple 2 week war dec period would solve the problem.