(Diary) Militia Diary

December 24th, YC122:

Dear Diary,

We’ll be going into the militia tomorrow. It’s sort of funny; I’m about to be in a position to go back to doing that which I have more experience at than any other activity in the cluster. I may even have the opportunity to maybe in some little way make up for the fact that I was too much of a coward to enlist and actively fight against the invasion of Floseswin. Yet, what I feel most is fear. Oh well, I’ve gotten a bit better at facing that. I still have quite a lot of ships scattered around the warzone and have moved more into some key positions. Things should go as smoothly as possible.

I hope…

Yours,
Arsia

December 25th, YC122:

Dear Diary,

First day in militia started off a bit frustrating. We had a few rough battles trying to siege the infrastructure hub in Eytjangard. Rough battles themselves aren’t all that frustrating for me. I’m very accustomed to rough battles. But what’s highly frustating is being plunged into a war I spent years and years in except now all the people and groups that I may be flying with use different fits for different doctrines, different ways of flying, different fleet commanders and so on and so forth. I know full well that none of this is the fault of anyone but myself, mind you. Nobody has done anything wrong. It is frustration that could not have really been avoided.

Things eventually swung our way later in the night, though. I had a couple small scraps with the enemy militia near the end of the night and the lasers on my Navy Crucifiers are thankfully still as sharp as ever. We ended up leaving with Eytjangard vulnerable. I hear that other militia groups should be able to finish it off. We did manage to successfully bash the infrastructure hub of Avenod, ensuring Republic space superiority in the system. I have a lot of thoughts, few of which make sense. I think I’ll give my head a few days to process them.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go throw up.

Yours,
Arsia

December 29th, YC122:

Dear Diary,

I aided some allies against Shadow Cartel in the warzone today. I’ve helped a number of our allies on a number of operations since joining Electus Matari and it’s strange. Not so much that I’m helping them, but that very few people in any of the Republic groups seemingly have any problem with me being around, in fleet, or even in command positions. I suppose I should simply be relieved and thankful, but it’s really surprising. Whatever their reasons, I feel obligated to do whatever I can to pay everyone back for the trust I’ve been afforded.

One of my weaknesses back when I was on the other side of the conflict was that I ran nearly all of my own fleets and operations. Every so often I’d get to interact with another fleet commander, but it was fairly rare outside of aiding I-RED in the campaign in Syndicate. Seeing how a number of other very capable fleet commanders do things is absolutely a positive. I can learn from them and they from me. We can do nothing but grow stronger this way. Which is good… after all, I owe it to everyone to be strong. Stronger than I was. Stronger than I am.

Yours,
Arsia

6 Likes

January 10th, YC123:

Dear Diary,

Over the weekend we had our third attempt at anchoring an Astrahus in Ardar on the Floseswin gate. Though we can use the station, it would be nice to have an Astrahus in such a convenient location to aid in an assault on the important system. More importantly, though, is getting some chances to fight the Amarr. Our first attempt went very poorly; our second went much better but was still a decisive loss. This time was my first chance to take the reins, organize the operation, and command the fleet.

The enemy fleet decided to wait until we put the core in this time. We took the opportunity to take control of the in gate which forced them to bridge into the system. The fight started off a little rough with the largest mistake of the night in the fact that not everyone in fleet could tether to the citadel. This meant we took some heavy damage in the first moments of the battle, but we pulled range and things started to look like they were going to swing back in our favor when a natural disaster hit; Snuffed Out appeared on the battlefield.

Normally Snuffed Out simply does what they do. Perhaps they came because they still have animosity towards me for blows I’ve dealt them in the past. I’ve told you about the time my quick thinking saw that one of their capital fleets was vaporized, right, Diary? I’m quite sure that I have. Perhaps they thought other, larger groups were coming to the fight. Intel was pointing towards Dock Workers planning to make a showing at the fight, after all. Perhaps somebody among the Amarr was simply scared of Arsia Victoria Elkin and called in their unscrupulous ties to aid with their objective. Who truly knows?

What I know is that we can win. I think we would have in that fight had it gone on uninterrupted. What I know is that the Republic militia turned out for an operation that I organized. They didn’t hold my past against me; at least not to the point of refusing to fly under me. What I know is that we did not roll over and allow Snuff, whatever the reasons they deigned to appear be, to do as they please without resistance. What I know is that most of the fleet stood down at the end of the day feeling good.

I’ve gotten to work with many of the people and groups in the Republic militia by this point and I can safely say that we’ve got a lot of fantastic pilots and quite a few strong fleet commanders. The biggest problem we face now is organization and it’s getting better. After spending some time to think about things in the days following the latest fight, I’m cautiously optimistic about the future. I like the attitude everyone has, I feel good about what I’m doing, and I feel that I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been.

I can’t grow complacent because my strength and more is needed to ensure success. I need to take things seriously and continue to get stronger. I’ve grown to be quite invested in the success of the Rebellion at this point, so I’m going to ensure that I do my part and more.

And if pirates are going to show up to stand against me for whatever reason, so be it. It honestly makes thing convenient; it puts all of my valid targets in one place.

Yours,
Arsia

6 Likes

January 25th, YC123:

Dear Diary,

Another Militia entry today.

Militia’s decided to focus on Arzad. Or perhaps I should call it Starkman. Whatever you call it, fighting in that system’s pretty familiar. At least the one early fleet I joined there was. I should maybe try to be a bit more active in the warzone. Just a bit, mind you. The militia’s in the middle of a campaign in the system I’ve both fought the most and spent more time in than any other since becoming a capsuleer in New Eden. I expected being on the other side of the siege to feel more different, but even when the ships I use and my allies are quite different, fighting in the warzone feels like fighting in the warzone. I still have some rust to brush off when it comes to some of the smaller ship types, but I feel like I’m almost back in the swing of things.

A staging citadel for the campaign successfully anchored in Tararan on the system’s gate. I feel bad to admit this, but I sort of just want the Empire’s militia to try and attack it. They look like they were upgrading their old Gila assault fleet to Tengus and I really want to see if our cruise Typhoons can volley them with the numbers we pull. I trust that it’s difficult, but there’s only one way to know. The Republic Militia has quite a few good pilots among its ranks; it’s refreshing. The was no overdramatic reaction to the failed attempts at anchoring a staging Astrahus, nor has there been overconfident complacency in the wake of a clean victory in our most recent attempt. I appreciate the level-headedness.

Perhaps most impressive was the fleet we formed for the Sotiyo timer in Basgerin. There were over fifty individuals from the Republic Militia or associated groups there just for the chance to shoot at Snuff. Despite the fact that that we couldn’t do so particularly effectively, it is heartening that so many of us were willing to go out of our way to show up and display no fear in the face of such a massive battle. I suppose we’ll see how many I pull tomorrow morning for the Keepstar’s painfully early timer.

We’ll see, won’t we, my Dear Diary?

Have a good night, my friend. I need to be ready for the dance in Basgerin tomorrow. You know what sort of entry to expect afterward, right? I apologize in advance, my friend. I just know I’m going to need a few drinks in the evening after the fight…

Yours,
Arsia

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.