Did the last update break Eve under Linux?

I did, I also messed up seriously but i recovered…
now tho I encountered another problem:

After ignored (what I found was just a damn icon pixmap) was the time to run the launcher:

wine: Unhandled exception 0x40000015 in thread 2b at address 429C7CCD (thread 002b), starting debugger...

These are the only information I have, as the debugger stopped working and didn’t delivered more infos

Thank for your support Anderson, I mean it!

Update

added repository for i386, installed more dependencies as adviced by
How to get out of Wine Dependency hell – GloriousEggroll's Blog
some magic happened: finally
WINEDEBUG=-all WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wineprefixes/eve/ wine C:\\\\Eve\\eve.exe
doesn’t return errors but:
wine: configuration in L"/home/stuffnex/wineprefixes/eve" has been updated.
AWESOME!
Last step
In $HOME/wineprefix/eve/drive_c/EVE simple as $ wine eve.exe
Back in game!
Huge thanks to the incredibly valuable support from @Anderson_Geten and all the eve community.
Definitely no thanks to CCP and devs to make my gaming experience a nightmare with a sick consistency.

For who is catching up now here the original Anderson Geten’s post for reference:

2 Likes

You won’t need that once they purge 32-bit out of Wine completely in the future as they are thunking calls and modules converted to PE. The purge has begun already.

Currently have no issues on Mint or PopOS. Using latest (stable) WINE build with DVXK via Lutris. Usually when I get launcher issues I just fiddle with the wine versions and restart everything, then eventually it works. Can highly recommend popOS for EVE btw, it’s as smooth as butter.

Confirming that legacy linux launcher finally broke today; was able to use the EVE windows installer under the same wineprefix and symlink my old data/config directories for seamless migration.

You were on borrowed time anyway.

Changelog:
14/07/2021 - Retired

changelog at Linux launcher key details

The legacy linux launcher, and all things from the eve uni page, have been horrendously broken for years. The fact you undocked at all the last 4 years is a miracle and proof of your amazing skills.

Can’t you bypass the launcher and call exefile.exe with your ssotoken, refreshtoken as command line parameters?

I thought Linux users were techie programmy hacky geeks with beards. Yarrrrr.

Not working for me… and Im not buying a separate box to play this game… since 2007 feels is the end of it…

I found the perfect gamer box, see iLoo - Wikipedia

find your instructions confusing can you copy the commands like you type in console?

That’s exactly what I did -.-

they have it on elefant size, im sure of it…

I created a simple script based on your comments…

For me is unclear if the cache is generated by the windows installed or by the old linux launcher that does not run… can u help me to complete the gaps?

1 Like

You forgot the Shebang (Unix) - Wikipedia

wget https://www.eveonline.com/EveLauncher-2023444.exe

you should add the -o $HOME/.cache/eve/EveLauncher.exe , but after creating it

which cache ?

Salut. J’ai appliqué le scrip de aladrocMatiner et j’ai pu me reconnecter au jeu. J’ai LM 20.3 mais cela a fonctionné malgré quelques messages d’erreur notemment quand wine s’est activé. Je me demande si je dois enlever lm20.3 et installer LM 20.4?
Un grand merci.

Salvation. I applied the script from aladrocMatiner and I was able to reconnect to the game. I have LM 20.3 but it worked despite some error messages, especially when wine activated. I wonder if I should remove lm20.3 and install LM 20.4?
A big thank-you.

I think i was low on sugar… Had 10 min to look all again in prespective and it installed… runned Some minor issues with the launcher to setup accounts so far but working… I updated the git repo as inspiration for everyone GitHub - aladrocMatiner/eveonline-linux: Attempt to run on linux eve online after the deprecation of the linux client

2 Likes

Wine 7.6, fresh install of eve launcher, after logging in, launcher gives error after putting in username/password “could not open login window…”, got a verification email so I guess the 2FA window did not open. Anyone got the same error?

Opensuse TW 20220410

Fixed with setting wineprefix to windows 10 and recreating symlinks after installation