Did the last update break Eve under Linux?

That’s exactly what I did -.-

they have it on elefant size, im sure of it…

I created a simple script based on your comments…

For me is unclear if the cache is generated by the windows installed or by the old linux launcher that does not run… can u help me to complete the gaps?

1 Like

You forgot the Shebang (Unix) - Wikipedia

wget https://www.eveonline.com/EveLauncher-2023444.exe

you should add the -o $HOME/.cache/eve/EveLauncher.exe , but after creating it

which cache ?

Salut. J’ai appliqué le scrip de aladrocMatiner et j’ai pu me reconnecter au jeu. J’ai LM 20.3 mais cela a fonctionné malgré quelques messages d’erreur notemment quand wine s’est activé. Je me demande si je dois enlever lm20.3 et installer LM 20.4?
Un grand merci.

Salvation. I applied the script from aladrocMatiner and I was able to reconnect to the game. I have LM 20.3 but it worked despite some error messages, especially when wine activated. I wonder if I should remove lm20.3 and install LM 20.4?
A big thank-you.

I think i was low on sugar… Had 10 min to look all again in prespective and it installed… runned Some minor issues with the launcher to setup accounts so far but working… I updated the git repo as inspiration for everyone GitHub - aladrocMatiner/eveonline-linux: Attempt to run on linux eve online after the deprecation of the linux client

2 Likes

Wine 7.6, fresh install of eve launcher, after logging in, launcher gives error after putting in username/password “could not open login window…”, got a verification email so I guess the 2FA window did not open. Anyone got the same error?

Opensuse TW 20220410

Fixed with setting wineprefix to windows 10 and recreating symlinks after installation

The installation seemed to work, but now I get these error messages when I try to start the launcher:

[166:167:0426/145033.448:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1399)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msmpeg2vdec.dll: Module not found. (0x7E)
[166:167:0426/145034.171:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(142)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
wine: Read access denied for device L"\??\Z:\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\??\Z:\", FS volume label and serial are not available.

Does anyone have any idea?

lutris-wrapper: EVE Online
Started initial process 12503 from /home/user/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-GE-Proton7-9-x86_64/bin/wine /home/user/120gb/eve_online/drive_c/EVE/eve.exe
Start monitoring process.
esync: up and running.
wine: RLIMIT_NICE is <= 20, unable to use setpriority safely
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
[268:272:0426/222211.316:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1399)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msmpeg2vdec.dll: Module not found. (0x7E)
[268:272:0426/222211.474:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(142)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘dxvk::DxvkError’
Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 0

fresh install, cant launch with lutris but if execute eve.exe directly, it launches. but not really sure if the performance is optimal

[32:36:0428/212200.926:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1399)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msmpeg2vdec.dll: Bad EXE format for %1. (0xC1)
[32:36:0428/212200.928:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1407)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msvproc.dll: Bad EXE format for %1. (0xC1)

new error cause tried solving it, but then: i dont know what im doing

last edit: i dont care anymore

Ive been headbanging my head trying to add these two dependencies dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1399) and network_change_notifier_win.cc(142) but I have been unsuccessful. If anyone is able to get past that point i’d be very happy to know how and please be lenient to users new to Linux!

Are you all using the latest upstream Windows launcher or are you still trying to use the deprecated/unmaintained Linux launcher? The windows launcher has been working fine for me with no hiccups since Wine 6.18 or so.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted how they had been handling the install or reinstall, i had finally booted windows out the window, and Eve was the last game i wanted to install because i was going to start playing again.

so after reading most of the posts step one for me was using my browser to
download the current launcher (windows version) from Eve/CPP

then i did
Anderson Geten routine with the

mkdir -p $HOME/wineprefixes/eve

mkdir -p $HOME/.cache/eve/EVESharedCache

mkdir -p $HOME/wineprefixes/eve/drive_c/EVE/

ln -s $HOME/.cache/eve/EVESharedCache
$HOME/wineprefixes/eve/drive_c/EVE/EVESharedCache

mkdir -p $HOME/.config/ccp

mkdir
-p $HOME/wineprefixes/eve/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Local/

ln -s $HOME/.config/ccp
$HOME/wineprefixes/eve/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/Local/CCP

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wineprefixes/eve/
wine $HOME/Downloads/EveLauncher-2023444.0IQYR4k5R2a97jBlfLcXzw.exe

so from there it seemed there was something wrong for me, so i went to winetricks and tried a launcher install from there, nada, i got the endless spiral of CCP and nothing more

then i went to Lutris, now after reading that the scripts from the website had not worked, and figuring some of the stuff i did was useful, i went the add game route, and manually did things, selected a cache directory and selected the evelauncher exe and began install, to start the manual way i used the plus sign in the left corner, from there the launcher started once done and it began the game download, using that eve launcher that was open i created the account and verified it and my little username was there while the download completed. with game content done the first startup failed, so i went into lutris remembering what i had to do to get world of warcraft to work , i disabled everything but the “Enable Esync” under Runner Options… and in that same screen i have showing Lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64(default) … and from there it worked… ill be honest i have no idea if the first try in winetricks did anything to help my fight but thats where im at, Eve and WoW work under wine 7.2 / Lutris Ubuntu 20.04 NVIDIA GT 710 (the 470 drivers) with GNome 3.36.8 all on 64-bit

Thank you everyone for the work through good luck and fly safe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.