Did wreck ownership change?

I had a few NPCs that already had damage turn yellow after I killed them yesterday. I am at work and have not tried it today.

Wreck ownership is based on final blow. There was someone else on grid who you did not notice.
(edit, nope, see below)

I’m not actually sure that’s the case, Nicen.
Can you point at somewhere supporting your claim?

I’ve assumed this in the past,
but when I’ve put it to the test,
things didn’t actually work out as expected.

1 Like

thanks, found the docs, it was originally final blow but is now damage percent https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000597345-Container-and-Wreck-Ownership

1 Like

Base on this in the patch notes, and knowing that code is probably actually global and not Sansha specific, I’d say it is now anyone’s guess how it works :roll_eyes:

Miscellaneous:

• Changes to the qualification rules for Sansha Incursion rewards have been made. In order to qualify for the rewards, pilots must be present at the site upon completion and also have a meaningful contribution to the completion of the site.

Also relevant to your (pre-edit) point @Solstice_Projekt

The only exception to that are NPCs in missions, their wrecks and dropped containers are always assigned to the character that accepted the mission the NPCs are part of, independently of who destroyed them.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I did edit my post,
because I’ve realized that it might have had something to do with missions.
I hope my post is acceptable. I felt the one before the edit wasn’t.

So I was right after all.

Loot being based on the final blow is utterly retarded. Imagine you are fighting a tough NPC spawn, slugging back and forth for 20 minutes, and just when you are about to land the killing blow, some assclown flies up and flicks it in the nuts a single time and gets the loot…

HEY!
I mean … I agree, but … HEY!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.