Ninja looting

Having worked my way through one faction in the Worlds Collide mission, I went back to the “war zone” to finish the other faction. I was surprised to see a one day old player hoovering up my wrecks etc. Can someone explain why he didn’t go flashy/criminal?

D II

1 Like

Are you sure this player wasn’t just salvaging the wrecks? Were they actually removing contents from the wreck containers?

1 Like

As above, my guess was he was salvaging your wrecks rather than looting them?

You can salvage anything without triggering Suspect status, white, yellow or blue.

1 Like

When I returned there were about 3 wrecks remaining out of perhaps 20 that I left. When he finished there were 2 cargo containers and a couple of salvageable wrecks. I assume if someone else has ninja’d the site earlier, he should still have gone flashy.

1 Like

You loot yellow (someone elses loot) then you go flashy. If anyone did actually take contents from one of your wrecks, then it was someone else I guess, not the guy you came back and found.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a cargo container is left only if the ship being salvaged had loot in it. Is it possible that out of those 20 or so ships you left behind, only two of them were “full” wrecks?

Sindara brings up an interesting point. There could have been multiple ninja looters, either different players or just the one multiboxer. The first looter could have came and went by the time you got back. Did you check local to see if there were any suspects in system?

3 Likes

It’s ninja salvaging, if he’s looting he’ll go suspect.

4 Likes

The other 2 rooms would have taken 20 mins so another guilty party is a possibility. Busy mission sites always have flashy people so I doubt I could have told.

Being a law abiding citizen of the stars, I don’t steal other players property. Would salvage drones work on yellow wrecks or just salvage modules?

Salvage drones, if left to salvage automatically, will not try to access other players’ wrecks. If you issue a direct command, though, they will.

1 Like

A direct command would involve targeting the wreck first? I only ask for those occasions when I forget to fleet up.

Does the suspect timer refresh for each new wreck looted?

1 Like

Yes indeed, you’d have to first target the wreck. As for the issue of the suspect timer, I don’t believe it resets until the full 15 minutes has elapsed. I’ll need someone to confirm, though, as I haven’t ninja’d insome time.

1 Like

Suspect timer is only 15 minutes. If he was early and looted first, it may have expired too.

1 Like

If I want to loot a yellow wreck, do I just have to change the safety away from green?

1 Like

Yes. Changing it to yellow lets you commit suspect acts. Changing it to red let’s you commit criminal acts.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone above for their help and suggestions.

D II

1 Like

And remember,
it’s not actually yours until it’s in your hanger :wink:

7 Likes

I ninja loot in a Speed fit atron, very expendable.

1 Like

Yup :parrotbeer:

1 Like

Please note that wrecks, game wise, are space litter which does not belong to anyone.

Do it in a Vindi you’ll feel like such a boss, especially if you’re ninja looting metal scraps.

1 Like