Diplomacy: Negotiations with SFRIM

Someone missed Diplomacy 101 - You don’t get something for nothing.

3 Likes

Mr. Nauplius.

Demanding someone to stop doing something they aren’t doing is illogical.
Demanding someone to worship or stop worshipping something is not logical as well, since that part people decide for themselves and there is little to no way of controlling that.
Demanding of stolen or otherwise repocessed goods (like slaves), would it be by legal or illegal way has meaning. However, offering nothing in return is again illogical. If slaves were taken from you by legal way, you must offer an equal by value compensation. If slaves were taken illegally, you must offer cessation of legal procedures, punishment and guarantee absence of following retrubution for that crime.

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

1 Like

I am not a member of SFRIM’s official diplomatic apparatus, so of course no offer I make is binding. But consider this–two of your conditions are already met, because we do not and have not conducted any of the Molok rites you like to daydream about, and we also do not have any demonspawn children anywhere. You were even allowed to visit the site of our headquarters and wave some things at a wall! There are holos. :smiley:

One might conclude that a good-faith gesture of effort on your part is appropriate at this point.

Red hair, for example.

2 Likes

A strange way to begin a diplomatic approach, Nauplius.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I was only permitted to visit an obsolete, former headquarters, and so my banishing rites only removed any residual demonic activity in a location no longer used by SFRIM. I have requested a tour of of the currently active Gottin’s Lamp from your offical, titled Tour Guide, but she seems unwilling to provide one.

That is NOT red.

2 Likes

Bring back the blonde hair.

2 Likes

Are you getting even more delusional Napkins? I thought that you were supposed to take a mental evaluation before you got your pilot’s license.

1 Like

I don’t actually remember mine anymore, but it seems like that mental evaluation boils down to, “Can survive interfacing with pod, Y/N?”

I guess we’re just too useful to waste even if we’re completely…

4 Likes

I’ll finish that for you:

3 Likes

Yeah.

2 Likes

Ugh. Don’t make him turn his hair red. He’s unworthy of the color.

5 Likes

Why do people call him Napkins?

1 Like

It’s a mocking corruption of his name, Ms. Ambrye. “Nauplius” becomes “Naups” becomes “Napkins.”

I think it’s mostly one of Miz’s usual diminutions and trivializations of people she doesn’t like (which actually I don’t think helps her cause, since she tends to apply it even to people she’d presumably like us to look at as seriously dangerous. Which actually sounds more threatening: “Empress Catiz I of Amarr,” or “Kittens”? “Lord Consort Aldrith Newelle” or “Aldieboo”? Maybe it’s a matter of her impulse to treat the Amarr irreverently working in tension with her desire to drum up fear and hatred of that same religion).

She uses it, a few others adopt it … and here we are.

The Amarr, in general, take Nauplius a little more seriously (he’s intentionally murdered millions, after all), and often refer to him as “The Butcher.” He doesn’t at all like that nickname, though he seems aware of the horrifying nature of the stuff he’s done. I guess, maybe he feels like it drains his brutality of the meaning he sees in it.

Of course, to the rest of us, that’s kind of the point: directed as it is only by his own troubled mind, a thick, foul stew of Sabik and Amarr religious principles bubbling in a broth of pathologized ego and confirmation bias, it is, in fact, slaughter without meaning, butchery without purpose.

Empty, meaningless horror.

2 Likes

I haven’t exactly been expecting anyone on these boards to care whether or not I consider someone a threat or not, so my appellomancy would - and should - be rather impotent and inconsequential. Nor am I trying to “drum up” any kind of fear or hatred. I merely voice my disgust at these things. For someone who spends as much time claiming to learn and understand people, you perpetually keep inventing all kinds of intents, goals, motives and means for me that never seem to actually be applicable.

Pretty sure it’s not to my credit that he’s called Napkins. My term for him is the Clown, Crimson Clown, tumbling and pratfalling around in his circus tents until someone comes to knock it down and he makes silly little honk and parp noises at this grievous offense. You’ll have to look elsewhere for the source of that nickname, I’m afraid.

I don’t think I’ve actually coined anyone’s nickname except possibly the brief appearance of a certain Punks, who now carry around the lovely and adorable appellation of “Kinx”. My irreverence is just that, no need to ascribe any grand plans to it.

2 Likes

Hm. Maybe that one was Arrendis, then?

(About the rest, Miz, you know as well as I do, or should, that these boards are watched by way more than just ourselves. There was even an official last year complaining about how capsuleers spread and popularize all sorts of intellectual drivel and wishing we’d keep our collective mouth shut.)

1 Like

Not going to deny that it happens, but that doesn’t mean that’s the intent behind our posts.

Shitposting doesn’t have to have an underlying motive.

2 Likes

What’s the name of your band again?

1 Like

Why, are they posting here? Besides the one promotional post on the previous iteration, ages ago?

2 Likes

Just one member of it, far as I know, whose comments are very much in tune with the tone of that band (so to speak) and who never, ever, ever lies?

… Which, assuming you’re as insightful a person as you put yourself forth as and sometimes even seem to really be, seems a little hard to square with your last couple comments.

This board, burdened with “shitposting” or not, is a medium of mass communication. Are you really saying a person with your stated goals and ideals doesn’t take what you say here seriously?

1 Like