Directional Scanner & Other "Vital" UI Elements

One more thing: the scroll bar is not visible in Photon when the window is overflown. Hard to tell at a glance if there are any more entries (and how many). Same with the Probe Scanner window.

1 Like

The big Directional Scanner text is too big. It would be nice if such titles could be toggled on and off. At this point I know what the dscan window is and where I put it.

1 Like

“Screw you if you cant afford the over-inflated tech prices”

There’s a used secondary market or you can wait until product line changes and buy the previous models if you want cheaper. Shop smart. Also crowd buying if you get a group for bulk purchase. Beyond 2030, their vision is you rent, not own.

Their vision is dystopian so they can shove it for all i care.

Best learn how to make monitors then, and computers, and… well, everything.

1 Like

People used to fix their own cars. The drug stores had a stand where you could bring the tube from your TV, test them, and buy STANDARD replacements. My mother had much used sewing machine.

But now the real world Caldari and Amarr vie for control of all of it.

I try to avoid devices that have irreplaceable batteries, but they are rarer.

1 Like

If you honestly think people are going to start renting monitors you are delusional.

They rented telephones in the past, they rent mobiles today in some cases, they rented televisions, some places need a license for a television, they rented cars, they rented homes, they rent computers in the cloud, they rent software… history says they will once the price goes up and their wages stagnate.

It will be a package sold as “free upgrades with hardware subscription and free recycling management” as part of their “circular economy” where they “recycle” and “reuse”. Private ownership will be too costly with the “recycling” obligation. The EU is pushing the “circular economy” big time. Welcome to your “green new deal”. Add onto that a “carbon credit score”, if you have a hardware subscription they may give you some free “carbon credits”.

If you think that’s not going to happen, then go out and buy a nice new 4k 8k screen.

You want to know the key difference here? You can get a good 1080P monitor for a whole lot cheaper. In all of those examples, all of the options were expensive, there was essentially no cheaper choice.
Regardless, renting something that you intend to use for a long time instead of saving up that cash you would have spent renting it is the peak of stupidity. First result I got on amazon for a 4k monitor is 329$. Decent sized purchase and prohibitive enough that many with a lower income would simply forgo getting a new one when their old one still works fine.

As tech progresses game devs get lazier and lazier, simply brute forcing solutions and hoping the customer has the tech to handle their terrible product. The existence of higher quality monitors is not an excuse for ccp to get stupid and lazy and decide to utterly waste screen space.

We’re talking about screen resolution here, people want better interfaces and visuals not pixel precision clicking.

Eve is effectively a rolling release. The supported tech window is moving forward. 1080 is going the way of 720.

If you want actual statistics, Steam hardware survey is a rich source of information.

See my posts on that here Welcome to Photon UI - SiSi - #152 by Emotional_Support_Clown

resolution
Is 1080 going to die out eventually? Yes, obviously.

That said, over 50% of the user base still uses it and developing as if everyone was in the 16% of people that have better resolutions is stupid.

Look how many have high resolutions via multi-monitor, multi-monitor is big.

resolution 2 electric boogaloo
Oh my, they use TWO 1080 monitors

More space than one.

How many people do you honestly think are stretching one instance of eve across multiple monitors?

We cannot know unless CCP capture the window dimensions and monitor resolution dimensions.

Being able to “tear off” UI control panels to a touch screen would be very useful, but that’s more suitable to a game like ED than Eve though. “Tear off” menus used to be a thing in old window managers.

Now if we could control a probe UI on a tablet and play on a game, that would be useful perhaps.

I’ll give you a hint, its not a number large enough to be worth recording. You wanna know how I know? Because people with multiple monitors don’t have multiple monitors so they can play the same game on both. They do it so they can have something else besides the game on the other monitor.

Lots of multi-monitor setups are also laptops with the docked laptop blanked out.

That in no way counters my point. That’s just the same as having one monitor.