Directly sell skill injectors in the store!

All 5s indeed. A lot of the 5s require a tremendous amount of time. Consider flying a Cerb in fleet… Cruiser 5, HAC 4 (minimum 4, better 5 if you do it lots), HML 5, RLML 5.

Then add things like High Speed Maneuvering 5, all of the fitting skills (Advanced Weapon Upgrades 5 is not inconceivable), Shield skills, cap management skills, navigation skills, and you’ve got well over a year of training.

Next up, Arty battleship fleet. Large “weapons” 5 is a long train.

Yes, T1 is absolutely a thing. But those aren’t the doctrines. I didn’t know such a thing existed at the time, but knowing it now and looking back, had I come back without injectors I’d have gotten tired of not being able to fly with the people I fly with, and left the game.

Ah, I see. I didn’t realize you were talking about doctrine-based fleet PvP.

This is so wrong it is amazing…

No, SP farms do not create SP out of thin air, to create SP you need time. and Time is most likely our most precious resource. That is, SP creation occurs only with a cost even with an SP farm.

Now, CCP creating skill injectors with SP that can be created literally in an instance is a recipe for disaster. We see this with the private provision of fiat currency. The private provision of fiat currency is nearly impossible because once that currency is established there is unimaginable incentive on the firm to devalue the currency by “printing” massive amounts of it quickly.

This idea, from an economic stand point is horrible beyond belief.

Yes, which is exactly what Eugene von Bohm Barweck observed about capital and why it is so important.

A steel ladder, for example, will be produced and brought to market only if the demand supports the digging of iron ore, the smelting of steel, the machines that press that steel into ladder shape, the machines that make and help maintain those machines, etc. Advocates of the labour theory of value point out that every step in that process, however roundabout, involves labor. But Böhm-Bawerk said that what they missed was the process itself, the roundaboutness, which necessarily involves the passage of time.

This is simply complete and errant nonsense. This kind of view is why most people have such a piss poor grasp of how economies and markets work in that it misses what is perhaps on the of most critical aspects of market transactions: they are mutually beneficial.

The person buying a skill injector wants the SP more than he wants the ISK. The person selling the skill injector wants the ISK more than the SP. If this were not true then either party can cancel the transaction by not engaging in it. So this claim is simply not true.

OMG…you are so terrible you should be sent to a corner and made to wear a dunce cap. How do you know that the characters in an SP farm are not used for anything else? Why not turn a cyno alt into an SP farm?

I have 2 accounts I use for farming SP and both of them can do invention, light cynos, haul, do PI, and one can even mine and run missions. So your conclusion is based on your own personal assumption and literally nothing empirically and could be quite false.

So SP injectors, extractors and all the rest will no longer be used in game. This would render them entirely useless.

This has to be one of the most stupid posts I have seen on the forums in a long time and you are an utter and complete failure when it comes to economics you are the epitome of economic ignorance…

Except for the time involved. CCP can make and sell an unlimited number of these because in a few keystrokes they can create any amount of SP injectors.

Similarly with PLEX…however, with PLEX there is actually another option: a subscription. And a subscription has a lower price than PLEX in terms of game time. Plus, PLEX actually show up as a liability on CCP’s accounts until sunk out of the game, whereas that is not the case with SP Injectors.

I will be happy to reply to your post, right after you rewrite it in a respectful manner that does not make you sound like a condescending prick.

Don’t worry, it is no loss that you cannot reply in a logical manner.

Time is moot when you can parallelize the scenario.

You mention the steel ladder above, and the time it took to make it. I’m not talking about “a” steel ladder, I’m talking about 150 steel ladders all produced in the same period of time. Time cost is still present, but it is a function of scale, in a universe where the scale can conceptually be infinite. In this case, 1/150th the cost. Imagine I have severe autism, and run 100 accounts. Now we’re talking about a time cost of 1/300th.

Now imagine I have a friend who does it with 50 accounts as well. 1/450th.

If players were limited to a single account, yes, your argument about time has merit. But we aren’t. We can make 1, 100, or even 1000 accounts if we so desire.

No it isn’t. Suppose it takes CCP 5 minutes to “create a full SP injector”. By adding 10^n zeros takes a trivial amount of time. They can also reduce the amount of the price very quickly too. In short the supply curve becomes infinitely elastic. We would switch to the following:

elastic-supply

So, here is part of the problem. So the suggestion, IMO, would cause the supply curve to rotate through the current intersection of supply and demand (where demand 1 and current supply intersetct). The short run effect would be no change. But if there is a shift in the demand curve to increase the demand for SP at all price levels (the shift from Demand 1 to Demand 2) we’d go from quantity q1 to q3 which is more than q2 under the current regime. In short it would lead to more SP entering the game than would enter the game under the current regime.

And why do this? Because he does not like SP farms? Why? The OP said that SP farms just benefit the farmer, that is clearly false. It is like saying apple farming benefits just the apple farmer. Don’t people enjoy eating apples? Apple pies? Candy apples, carmel apples, and apple sauce?

The idea is ill thought out and could be very bad. For example, look at that graph and consider CCP changing the elastic supply curve via lowering the price. We would see a surge in SP entering the game. CCP could do this…then close up shop. At least with PLEX those sit on their books as a libability. SP nope.

If you hated SP farming…you should really hate this idea.

So what? It requires me to have 150 accounts running. That is costly. I have to log in and out of each one and sell all those skill injectors. That is a, SP farming is a growing time sink. And time is your most precious resource. Don’t waste it doing stupid ■■■■. Would you sit in a corner staring at the wall when you could reading, watching a movie, talking with some friends, taking a trip or any of dozens of other activities? Probably not. Same thing applies here.

This patently untrue. Even if it takes you 1 second to extract the SP for a month and sell the SP per character you wouldn’t and couldn’t have 2,592,000 characters. Chances are it is going to take you more time than that. Even if it is 100 seconds you are not going to have 25,920 characters. Chances are you’ll top out at may 20-25 characters.

Yes, lets make game development based on extreme outliers…

And in any event, whatever bad things you think could happen under the current regime…they’ll be worse with an infinitely elastic supply curve, IMO.

Edit: Also the notion of running an SP farm…to run an SP farm is dubious. Right now, PLEX prices are just above what one can sell injectors for and buy PLEX and sustain an account. That is, if you have an SP farm it will not net you a profit, but a slight loss. So having just an SP farm is kind of pointless.

Having an SP farm to reduce your out-of-pocket expenditures for alts that are actually useful…that is another thing. If you have useful alts and you can make reasonable ISK with them, then you can make up the current shortfall and PLEX an account indefinitely.

Unless you are paying for your SP farm with RL currency and selling the SP for ISK in game then maybe.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.