Dirtiest Ship in EVE

Minmatar are post apocalyptic Aussies :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That half-chuckle came from a text convo I once had with someone

Friend: I think I have herpe (misspelled)
Me: Just one?

You know i clicked on this expecting …dirty ships… nudge nudge wink wink but it seems to be a carwash thread but without the bikinis. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Anyone applying a SKIN to a Minmatar ship should be flagged as a criminal ! NO, make that PERMA-flagged, until the SKIN comes off !

Minmatar SKINs give the ships +500% HP. Practically the only thing holding them together. The paint job is their armor.

1 Like

They had to flex tape the paint job into place! That is why it gains extra durability. Couldn’t get that nice smooth shine without a protective layer of flex tape to apply the paint to.

Expedient field repairs of course will have to be the more usual duct tape.

Hi All

None of my Industrial Ships have ever been cleaned since the option was introduced, to reflect their hard and dangerous life.

Out of them my Noctis in the Limited Edition Charity Skin, I think looks the best in its grimy form.

Emiko P’eng

2 Likes

Some of the default appearances for T2 and faction hulls are much better than the standard rust. Would like to see more Thukker Mix, Boundless Creation, Republic Fleet or even Core Complexion SKINs.

1 Like

What the game needs is a “trash skin” for ships. Not everybody can fly minmatar.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve personally only had grey, red, black, silver cars myself… but I just got a white one last week. I’ll let you know how it goes. :wink:

If I changed that from dirt to dirt and/or dust would you agree?

Seen tons of white cars in my life with dirt, dust, whatever it is caked on. Black cars do show the grey stuff but it’s just not as visible (to me, at least) than it is on the white cars.

It’s all to do with contrast, dirt and mud are rarely black so on a black background they stand out more.

White on the other hand hides a multitude of sins ranging from mismatched paint to a coating of dirt that would look hideous on a black car. That said if you live somewhere with red or volcanic soil white is a terrible choice.

Colours that really hide dirt well are browns, golds, silvers and greys. My car is pensioner racing beige and it rarely needs cleaning because the dirt just doesn’t show.

1 Like

I gotcha.

Good point on the red soil, egads!

Well, before we ended up with the white car (a used small SUV), my wife and I had our eyes on a “Dark Truffle” (I kid you not) certified used sedan… it was not the prettiest color, IMO, but as a kinda bronzey beige/brown/metallic sheen deal going, it might have been pretty good at hiding dirt as well, which is good as I don’t tend to get car washes that often. It sold before we got to that dealership (was hoping the color was putting people off it, but no such luck!).

I hope you’re right about white not being that bad. We’re in Texas, so the white reflectivity might help with the greenhouse effect the windows cause while parked in a hot parking lot in the summer (but we mostly park in shady garages, at least, so it’s not a huge deal)… but I mean especially on the dirt/dust not being that bad on a white car.

Didn’t really want a new car, I got hit by a driver running a red in an intersection last month, totaled my old crossover from 2014. rip old car, hello new car. o_o

White won’t fade like a dark colour either, it might get a little chalky in texture but it won’t change colour, unlike VW reds which end up pink.

Given your local climate white is a good choice because it’ll reflect most of the heat; there’s a reason that the most popular colour for a car in the Middle East is white and some studies have been done that show white cars in direct sunlight can be up to 18 degrees C cooler inside than black cars.

1 Like

Thanks, that stat about the actual measureable coolness of white cars IS comforting for those grocery store parking lots with no cover in August here. :wink:

OMG, I just imagined for a sec reading your post… what if not only is ship skin dirt/grime/dust a thing in EVE… but also temperature issues. Hey, space weather is coming to nullsec and was already in abyssal space and WH space, more or less… next up? your capsule is freezing/cooking inside your ship because you idled too long in “winter space”/“summer space”. ;D

I’ve seen a few vinyl jobs on cars like that. They’re often the only thing holding the vehicle together.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.