Disconnection anxiety in abyssals

So are they going into a new abyss or poch? Cause I don’t see how you can’t just wait them out.

This is really one of the things holding me back from doing higher level abyssals, I have the skills, I could buy the ship, but it is so much to loose on a random disconnect.

One way to handle it could be to simply pop the person out of the abyss back to the abyssal trace where they started. This would keep anyone happy that likes the gank risk (I hate it of course) because the ship is going to come back in the expected time frame. A person that has exited like this would then be able to reenter the trace to resume their abyss run if they choose (bonus if it takes them to the room they were in at dc).
The risk here of abuse is someone using it to get out of the abyss when they think they are going to time out (go over the 20 minutes). You could counter this by making it that all your cargo gets left behind (you would need to go back and pick up the can to get it back). I don’t see someone using this to get out when they are receiving too much damage, as in that case you are likely to be shot up before the game noticed you dc’ed.

Anyone got any major negatives that I have not thought of for this?

People don’t mind losing their cargo if they can save their ship.

You’ve just given people a way to get their ship safely out of abyssals when they notice a bad spawn that might cost them their ship.

The whole point of abyssals is that you risk your ship while doing it, so ‘risking the cargo’ is pretty much no risk at all compared to that as the only thing you’ll lose is time and the filament.

Bit of a risky way of getting away from a bad spawn, if you don’t get back fast enough you might be dead anyway.

No system is perfect, the current one is not, that is why we are having this conversion. On the various trade offs you need to make, I think the risk of someone deciding to chicken out on bad spawns is the less broken.

That something is an easy way out of a bad position is a common thing raised with the pochven filaments, but CPP still added those.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.