Dispelling The Hype Over Alien Life

No, water in space is not like water on Earth. Collecting water from space would be a very technically exhausting process and would most likely cost more resources to get a few hundred gallons of water.

You figure out a way to collect from space without the cost and resources being astronomical while providing water for a city ship of 1,000 people, then you would probably win a Nobel Laureate.

They could come to Earth to remove humans from it. Maybe there isnt many planets with such biology as ours. They would eliminate humans from Earth because we are destroying it and life with it. Maybe they know about how it ends if we will be left here doing what we do, because they were like we and they destroyed theirs already. They would come here, remove humans, protect the planet like Captain Planet, but for themselves. Just with a bit more drastic actions.

They would see their past in us and hate us so much, because they hate their own past.

They would be then hailed as Heroes, and saviors of galaxy from those evil humans. At least that is what they would show in their propaganda.

With a bit of tinfoil, we could say that the forces standing behind the WEF are aliens, but its the last try they will do before they come and eradicate us for good, if we will not learn anything.

HE IS HERE TO SAVE US!

@Nana_Skalski yeah he looks like an alien.

Or, they could take over the Earth because only we have black truffles.

1 Like

Only we have Belgian chocolate truffles.

Actually, seriously, I think the true piracy in space would have nothing to do with ore, or water, or whatever…or even ‘spice’. The most valued thing in the entire universe for pirates would be qualia. Aliens are not going to see sight or hear stuff exactly as we do. There would be a thriving pirate market in ’ Human qualia colours’…so aliens could experience being human.

This is an alien who’s just come out of his 24-hour Human Experience

BbJdwrOsM7nTa

3 Likes

I used qualia in a scrabble match once. At the time, I didn’t know that the singular was quale and so I was unable to find the word quickly enough in the dictionary when the other players challenged me on it.

1 Like

If you actually deny that alien life exists in the rest of the galaxy, let alone the Universe, do you really believe that Earth is the only planet out of hundreds of billions of planets that has water on it and that only a small amount of water was created during the Big Bang, found its way to Earth and only Earth?

How much water would have been created during the Big Bang as a by-product from reactions taking place?

WTFU!

What if they don’t need water?
gerignak_small

Good question but I seriously doubt there ever was a Big Bang. However, I think no Human can answer that.

The big bang did not create any water…only elements up to helium. Water is created in interstellar clouds via chemical reactions when hydrogen and oxygen mix. Given that these are two of the most common elements in the universe…there’s huge amounts of water out there.

2 Likes

Water is a very good solvent. It can dissolve a lot more substances than other solvents. But other solvents are not excluded in any case in possible origin of life. We just need a fairly good solvent abundant in environment, in liquid phase.

Non-water based life is a possibility indeed.

2 Likes

Life has to have water in to flush waste from the body.

The above link is to an article on Space.com that discusses a small meteorite that contains the building blocks for life on Earth.

Such a block of life would simply need an environment comparable to Earths in order for life to develop.

1 Like

2 Likes

any other liquid could be used for that depending on the type of plaint and eveloution it went through

It appears there are a few exoplanets that have water, so atmosphere and mountains processing water to make it drinkable could be common in the universe. If it is common then aliens would be more likely to go to an exoplanet with primative life than come to earth.

I do agree though it wouldn’t be efficient to harvest water in space, most intelligent life would have a goal of living near a water source.

Some say it was more of a rapid expansion, I agree we will never know for sure, there is an explanation for what happened at what we would call the beginning and for the moment based on evidence gathered so far it appears there was some type of epic expansion or bang.

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. Oxygen is the third most abundant element in the universe ( despite being 8th on the periodic table ). Mix the two and you get H2O…water. The chemical process ( which involves energy input ) that mixes the two occurs naturally in interstellar clouds when subject to ionising radiation from nearby stars.

Thus…the universe contains gazillions of gallons of water. Most of the objects out beyond Pluto…literally millions of them in the Kuyper belt and Oort cloud, are water ice. Our solar system alone contains millions of times more water than is on Earth. In fact it is likely most of the water on Earth came from comets and objects further out…colliding with Earth.

1 Like

It is theorised that something happened “at the beginning” which must have begun the process of Time. What exactly did happen, if anything, is up in the air as far as I’m concerned.
They call it “the big bang” but it might be that it happened progressively over billions of years into a “small whimper” I mean no one was there to witness.
The evidence gathered so far doesn’t exactly blow my skirt up for the moment. I personally think mankind needs a couple hundred more years of advances in technology before humans start knowing where to look for answers.

They do have an understanding of CMB (cosmic microwave background) which explains a lot.

It is possible to analyse something today, if done properly it can give you clues as to it’s history, If we take the moon for example we can understand that it is moving away from us at a rate of 3.70cm per year, if we use that rate and work out where the moon was 4 billion years ago we will see that it may have been close to the earth, in fact the moon may have come from the earth and over billions of years it’s been moving slowly away until where it is today.

This is how they arrived at the conclusion the moon was close to the earth at one point, there may have been some sort of collision which caused a large chunk of earth to break off and form the moon. Today the moon keeps us alive by regulating our oceans.

So yes, analysing what is blatantly there will give us clues to it’s history.

2 Likes