Dispelling The Hype Over Alien Life

Yes I’m aware of all that and not denying any of it.
If the big bang happened then there must be a cause. I think until the cause is known the fundamentals of the effects will remain elusive.

Yes, but it’s much easier to study a moon than a universe. The probability of knowledge lessens by the light years involved and evolving disciplines.

To some extend. Needs other tools. For the smallest pieces we can still study, the conclusions are to be universal, for whole universe.

Apparently no other cause than what happened before it, what led to it. But why do you even ask?

There is no great improvement of everyday life for anyone with having such knowledge anyway.

Imagine you know everything about past universe, you know even the names of leaders of the previous, now dead civilizations, whose ashes were swept thru now extinct galaxies, transformation took all of it and molded into you and me. Imagine such thing, what do you feel, knowing all of that death and emptiness that constantly brings life a new meaning. That you are a part of it, infinitely. There is no creation without destruction, and destruction without creation. From ash, thru you, to ash.

Could your hunger for knowledge be fully satiated?

Yes. What lead to it is called the cause.

I don’t ask, I wonder. Brains are known to do that.

Not without Wisdom.

I once saw a beautiful butterfly, but it changed and is no more. It was beautiful, but it didnt last. Knowledge, wisdom doesnt last too. This mandala have to be made with the same grains every time.

Here is a pretty image.

To the contrary, they’re eternal.

You are yet to prove it.

What I see is constant change that erases everything in its constant molding of reality. Back to the smallest thing, everything goes reshaped.

You, me, everything.

Negative. This isn’t a court of law, my friend. I have to prove nothing.

Indeed. Life is change and motion and renewal. But there are formless immutable things like Knowledge, Wisdom, Love, Grace… that never change.

Maybe. Seems like conjecture. Aren’t the physicists claiming there is magic “dark” matter? Wouldn’t that throw off the ratios?

Altara, come on. The aliens don’t want ice. They want water. They are supposed to be nomadic - they wouldn’t necessarily have the technology to convert ice to water.

Those are only ideas people have. They are fairly new, as old as human language itself. As old as fears and beliefs of humans.

I am speaking of change that with lengths of eons is brought to everything. The coldness, the heat of cosmos, the pulsation of energies that wipe whole planets clean of life. Just like that, no hard feelings, no feelings at all.

Planets are like those specks of dust you can see in air, with creatures living on them. What am I saying, they are even more rare and spaced out. https://scaleofuniverse.com
This is the scale and shape of things from greater perspective. Maybe there are aliens on them planets, who knows, who will ever know…

I am afraid that no one will know.

That’s quite funny. A civilisation that can travel thousands of light years, but has no idea how to turn ice into water.

3 Likes

I believe those concepts to be much older than the first human.

You give a short description of what I mean by

I think Humans will know in the future. If intelligent life exists beside on our planet it’s only a matter of time until Man finds out. That is if they exist and if Mankind ever matures from its autodestructive tendencies.

Not a matter of time, but form and distance. If you could become light itself, electromagnetic wave, you would get everywhere in no time. But how would you understand anything while being in a light form? You cant. Message can travel, but what then? Sender could be nowhere anymore when the message is received. Aliens would have to be fairly close, closer than few light years around, for us to be able to visit without becoming light itself, to have any meaningfull interaction in our lifespan. As for the electromagnetic waves, we dont hear anything from there.

I watched closely as they discovered those closest planets, and apart from fantasies of life surviving on them, there is research that greatly disappoints any alien-life seeker.
And those farther out, humans dont even have technology to get there physically. While we know so much, and so little about universe itself, we are like those creatures on those specks of dust. We are living on one, having those fantasies, maybe there are some on other like it. But we are limited by being only those creatures, in our form, and by distance from one to another. Its a bad visualization, actually space is a lot more empty and for you I think it would be pretty sad to see all those worlds being empty.

What is in power for human being? Travel for how long before body decomposes? No, I dont see it. We will not leave solar system in my opinion, as humans. Maybe only if we somehow make thoughts into massive objects able to hold memories for thousands of years and operated with redundancies and send it as probes. It would be like thinking sarcophagus. We can do it, but why? Why would human want to build pyramids? Why sending that message, and to who anyway? Ha, there is no need for that now, when we know that human isnt a god himself. That is why we dont build pyramids anymore. We are starting to understand slowly our place in universe. At least that.

Why? My happiness doesn’t rest on the fact that there may be aliens on other planets or not. I only suspect alien life exists, I’m not betting the mortgage on it.

Who knows the future?
Tell a guy who lived in the 15th century that Man was going to set foot on the Moon and he would’ve thought you nuts. What we think may be impossible now could become common in the future.

We’ve sent probes already. One is now in interstellar space, outside our solar system. It may not survive for thousands of years but a far-off civilization could easily guess at what sort of civilization would have built it.

Not exactly. Sarcophagus were invented and used by Humans with a precise purpose. They have nothing to do with passing on knowledge or contacting the living.

Why would anyone build a temple or a mastaba or a family crypt?

The pyramids aren’t meant to be messages.

The pyramids weren’t built because people thought the Pharaohs were gods. If they were gods ( in the minds of their contemporaries ) they wouldn’t need to be buried now would they? There is a difference between being worshipped as a god and being a god.
We don’t build pyramids anymore because the time of the pharaohs is no more.

I think Mankind has no clue whatsoever about its place in the universe. It’s like a toddler found the door open to his dad’s machine shop and is touching everything without being aware of the dangers.

Only for physics we hit a wall pretty fast, in our times. Theoretical physics of course can go forever, but its only theoretical. Nobody is building spaceships out of theoretical physics.

It will be a spacejunk that will not be even recorded by anyone enywhere outside earth, in few tens of years. Batteries doesnt last that long on it. It will be just next space object flying interstellar. Many of those around.

There is a project that is more realistic in making it even work when close to another star system.

But I dont watch it closely. It really is out of my lifespan to watch such things. I wish them luck tho.

Sarcophagus is a flesh eating stone literally. But it would be like a coffin and computer you could say. It would be really a dead thing, only with properties of holding memory and manipulating information, maybe to great extend, not entirely human tho, as human mind would go bonkers on such travel. It doesnt have to be “alive” all the time. Could start up from thousands of years of inactivity when close to a star.

Our hands are too short. :wave: We can only watch and think. :face_with_peeking_eye:
Physics describes our environment, and when you know at least as much as you can read now, or watch now, you can realize what being here, in such form, means for human.

As for egyptians, they really believed Pharaoh is a god, of course also a human, but people may have those beliefs, like many others.

Yes, we’re rather limited in our time although our technologies are kinda neat and the research behind them is quite incredible.
NASA is developing a nuclear engine for a starship. It went from theoretical applications to being considered for creation.
We’re not moving at Warp Speed yet but it’s a good start.

We don’t know that.

It doesn’t need to be in working condition for a potential alien civilization to make something of it.

Not many made by Man.

Solar winds can be used to propel a light craft or probe but it isn’t very efficient yet.

That sounds like a hibernation pod traveling to another star. But we don’t yet have the technology to put people in stasis and reanimate them.

Not short enough for those astronauts who brought moon rocks that got analysed and classified.

I imagine it can mean different thing to different people.

We know they were worshipped as gods, we have no proof that the Egyptian population believed the Pharoahs were gods.
Pharoah doesn’t even mean “god”.
pharaoh, (from Egyptian per ʿaa, “great house”), originally, the royal palace in ancient Egypt. The word came to be used metonymically for the Egyptian king under the New Kingdom (starting in the 18th dynasty, 1539–1292 bce), and by the 22nd dynasty (c. 945–c. 730 bce) it had been adopted as an epithet of respect

Asuming aliens exist, they know of it, and are searching for it, to find it was not made by some other alien. A lot of assumptions…

Laser would be used to make it go very fast. Its written in article. Sun light indeed is too weak.

But I mean sarcophagus without humans. Like an advanced probe with computer that would wake up when needed and take energy from sun. Why I think it have to be massive? To survive for longer and be easily identifiable.

I mean too short for contacting those theoretical aliens.

“Not many made by man” isn’t an assumption, it’s an answer to “It will be just next space object flying interstellar. Many of those around”. Not many made by Man.

I did read about that a few years ago. I doubt the tech is ready to propulse anything yet.

That’s a probe or satellite. Probes use solar panels to feed batteries for onboard computers and experiments. They can’t be offline or in hibernation during space travel as they need to be in communication with earth to make small trajectory adjustments.
It would need to be an autonomous craft controlled by an A.I to do what you suggest.

It doesn’t have to be massive. It could run for thousands of years if energized by a nuclear battery.

Maybe. But what if they did receive our radio signals but just aren’t so eager to make contact?
I mean, if I was an Alien and saw the incredibly horrible mess humans have made on their planet I don’t think I’d be particularly enthusiastic to make contact.

Yes, but there are also golden discs there, for someone supposedly.

That was what I commented on. I think it will not going to happen. The chances are just not there. Because soon its just dead space junk everyone will be ignoring.

Massiveness would protect it from damages. I was even thinking of using an asteroid that would be drilled into and inside would be placed reactor and auxiliary solar batteries. For few hundreds of thousands of years it would have to get massive reactor with enough fuel to correct its orbits in another solar system.

They could be massively entertained also, like we would watch some cartoon aliens bashing themselves on the heads and vaporizing themselves on the screen. Imagine they would come here to double it all up.

Space junk from an Alien civilization wouldn’t be ignored by humans so I guess spacejunk from humans wouldn’t be ignored by Aliens.

It’s clear that if they are hostile we’re doing their job for them.

If I were them I’d wait until humans blow each other to smithereens.

But nobody is interested in such objects. You do realize that they would have no way of telling what the hell it is even, after batteries goes dead. If they even detect it by means of electromagnetic waves it can reflect. Its size is really small. If its not very close near the orbit of their planet, I dont think they will be even slightly interested in it, not knowing what it is, even if they detect it. Just as we are not interested in plethora of small space objects, assuming their origin is natural, because that is what nature looks like, a lot of small natural space objects around.

Why, when you can even make humans do funny things while they do that? Ah, If you would be human, you may even protest. If not, it can be anything you wish. You can come there, on human planet, take them into cages and make them do funny things for entertainment purposes, you could even keep them as your pets, you could make them dance for you and even make them bash each others heads for you, because they are not protected by any interstellar or galactic law. If you squish some, by mistake or intentionally, nobody will even move appendage in protest.

BTW, maybe if they would be a bit more prettier or similar to us, we would consider them somewhat more important. What a beautiful creatures we are…

Not even mentioning that when you are bored they can even be eaten alive, and they make some funny noises when you do that.

1 Like