Dispelling The Hype Over Alien Life

Our scientists wouldn’t be interested in Alien space junk? I seriously doubt that. They raved about a rock from interstellar space all the time it took it to approach our solar system and leave it so Alien space junk? They’d have a party.

No I don’t. Why would they have no way of telling what a probe is unless they were still in the stone age?

Then you’re talking about an Alien civilization that hasn’t even invented the telescope. In that case yes, our probe would fly on unnoticed.

I thought we were talking probes sent into interstellar space, not your average space rock and dust.

Why… let’s say that, as an Alien, humans aren’t even interesting for entertainment purposes. Even as slaves they cause problems. And I’m sure that Aliens have their little pets to entertain them. No need to go seek creatures who are liable to blow up the planet by accident.

Indeed. Beauty becomes us :smiley:

I admit that would be entertaining. Especially feeding them to my Banth.

Hehe, what if it was a strange space probe junk tho? Why do you assume that was rock? You will never know that now. Alien probe debris may have been here and you would not even know. :face_with_peeking_eye:
But of course they will tell you that there is:

insufficient evidence in support of this hypothesis for the object “despite all [its] strangeness”

If they would not assume its a natural space debris of some kind from a long distance, like you have done it with Oumuamua, if they would intercept it, they still could have different ideas about technology, and their tech could be entirely different from ours. You do know what purpose is for that thing, right?

There is limit to what you can see thru telescopes, there isnt enough reflection for small objects.
Oumuamua had an estimated size from 100 and 1,000 metres, voyager is very small in comparison. its biggest piece is antenna, that is 3,5 m big in diameter.

Of course, but how you tell one from another? With Oumuamua case, you see its not so easy to say what is what. From such distances at least.

I call it a “rock” until proof that it isn’t a rock.

Nothing gained nothing lost.

And they would be right.
Sufficient evidence is needed and in that case there just weren’t enough evidence to call it anything other than a rock.

For sure. But they would not deduce it’s a natural thing when everything about it show evidence of manufacture.

No mention of dodecahedrons has been found in contemporary accounts or pictures of the time. Speculative uses include as survey instruments for estimating distances to (or sizes of) distant objects, or devices for determining the optimal sowing date for winter grain. More wildly, it has been speculated that they were used as spool knitting devices for making gloves. Several dodecahedra were found in coin hoards, providing evidence that their owners either considered them valuable objects, or believed their only use was connected with coins.
It has also been suggested that they may have been religious artifacts, or even fortune-telling devices. This latter speculation is based on the fact that most of the examples have been found in Gallo-Roman sites.

Those artifacts may not even have been used by the Romans. My guess is they existed well before the Roman empire and the fact that they were found in Gallo-Roman sites doesn’t mean they were made by Roman or even Greek hands.

True. But I was talking about when they find the probe, not if.

I think scientists can generally tell what it is they’re looking at. The big hubbub about Oumuamua was that it was the first such object to enter our solar system from interstellar space, not that there was something strange with it. It was a rock.

Actually there was, that is why people argued its not a rock at all.

What was so strange about it? An elongated form? The way it caught the light of the sun?

If there wasnt a Big Bang, then Einstein Physics would be able to explain the Universe without gravity being generated by a star.

Expanding or Big Bang, the idea that matter increased in mass, substatianally, is the end result.

Since Einstein’s physics can’t explain Primordial space then there is a set of physics that does explain and proves faster than light speed velocities.

Not all liquid is able to be used a waste management fluid. oil is a liquid and cant be used.

Something else, but as they say, there was “insufficient evidence” it was made by aliens.
Cant blame them really, they couldnt research it more.

1 Like

Oil is used as a waste management fluid in car engines.

Bears ■■■■ in the woods and they dont need no other waste management. Humans did that too for thousands of years.

Aliens would poop in the woods too, if need arises.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I think Aliens have found a way to recycle poop into a fuel.

1 Like

Didn’t you guys ever watch District 9? Aliens are not that smart.

1 Like

Did you watch Aliens? Those creatures are smart and incredibly deadly.

There are sooo many aliens in fiction.

Those less tech-savvy could still be dangerous when we encounter them in real life. Just like in Emu wars.

1 Like

for all we know they could have deadly bactera to us that is fine to them

2 Likes

Very true.

No way could those dumb animals figure out how to convert solid ice into liquid water.

Fortunately not. But that doesn’t mean they’re dumb.

The Higgs Boson actually only adds 1% of the mass of particles.

agent smith humans are a virus youtube - Google Search

Why would any intelligent alien race want to visit a sub warp, ugly bags of water virus infested planet like ours?

We are the ultimate reality TV show.

2 Likes