Do You Play Eve Online on a T.V. or Computer Monitor?

I recently was given a flat screen T.V. I plugged it into my laptop and was amazed that the connection worked. I have been playing Eve Online nearly all day on the new T.V. and can sat that the graphics are actually rather stunning on Performance Based played.

I’m not certain the model type, the manufacturers name is Panasonic.

4 Likes

Sound slick!

1 Like

1x curved 32 zoll / inch and 3x flat 24 zoll / inch monitor !

at the start i tried it on my TV but it wasnt not as good as it could be … maybe today with the better TV´s its way better … could test it again xD

EDIT:
btw … this screenshot was createt about 1 year ago xD so nothing to spy :wink:

3 Likes

Be careful when playing on an OLED TV, burn in problem.

1 Like

I recently replaced the 32 inch LCD Emmerson TV with a 32 inch LED Onn Monitor that was on clearance at my local Wal-Mart. I still use the Emmerson TV to watch shows while playing games. However the way I play Eve Online isn’t very 3D graphic intensive. I use the CTRL+Shift+F9 to turn off the 3D and save my frame rate. I can’t say for certain but I think it improves my response time to threats.

1 Like

Current setup.
2 24" on top and 2 27" on the bottom

1 Like

That’s just my kid’s room.
Mine is in the basement.

3 Likes

My set-up

Sometime next year, I plan on buying a tower PC to replace my Lenovo Ideapad 5. What is a better-than-good tower that will run Eve Online and Vanguard flawlessly?

I would also like to know how to run two accounts at the same time on my laptop along with splitting the view into two on my T.V.

It is true that you have to be careful with an OLED, but I have been using an LG OLED 55" TV for 2 years as my main monitor and I haven’t had a problem. I don’t have it over 50% brightness and I make sure I don’t leave it on when I am not using it. I do play EvE a lot, so I am quite surprised that I haven’t had an issue with burn in. I also use Photoshop a lot, so plenty of static elements on my screen for many hours at a time.

The only real annoyance is that it doesn’t behave like a monitor when your computer goes to sleep. That is such a minor issue though.

1 Like
1 Like

Here is what a rock looks like on the Panasonic.

I’m running the game from my Lenovo laptop Ideapad 5.

Here are my graphics settings.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 114939

Some glitches here and there.

1 Like

Don’t they have super shitty refresh rates? And obviously no VRR.

I mean if you have nothing else and it works for you then that is a completely valid option. But if you are intentionally shopping for a monitor for gaming I would certainly not go for a TV screen.

Does it have 4K Ultra HD Resolution?

Maxed settings on both clients, 1080p

Tried TV, but you have to remember to flip the TV settings off, like image corrections, overscan, noise reduction, etc… all these negatively impact gaming and sometimes even create noticeable video lag.

I’ve had like 300-500ms lag on Elite Dangerous when I tried on Sony Bravia back in the day…

I am playing it from my couch on a 123 cm LG smart TV and a secondary 19 inch screen.

No, my Panasonic refreshes just fine. No problems at all.

1 Like

I play on a laptop that has CPU boost disabled and limited to 99% capacity by windows. Adding a monitor of any kind would increase the power budget like 2-3x which im not interested in.

As im writing my setup is pulling 11 watts from the power socket. This includes my phone which im using as a modem connected via USB. Gotta love power efficiency.

The power consumption is the main reason i dont get a desktop. how can you justify going from consuming 15 watts on average to 200-300w or more?

1 Like

My laptop works fine when running Eve Online on the highest settings. I’m resetting the graphics to performance however. I just dont like all of the flashy colors tbh.

I use my cell.

Is that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Cell Phone with 512GB?