Help with computer setup

Hello everyone, I’m wanting to build a computer that can handle 8 eve accounts at once on 8 different screens. Doesn’t have to be max graphics but preferably. Please let me know what you recommend as for pc specs to pull this off. The 8 monitors are 1920x1080. If I have too I don’t mind having to split it into 2 towers but prefer to keep it on one. Thanks in advance.

Do you want to play in potato-mode (graphics set to best performance, your ship looking like a flying potato) or would you like to make pretty screenshots on all 8 of them?

Apart from that, Google said this about EVEs system requirements:

Hey thanks for replying. I don’t want potato mode lol, yeah basically 8 pretty looking ships. The purpose is for an 8 man rorqual fleet.

A setup for a computer with 8 screens, 8 monitors?
Well… You need multiple graphic plugs then, I reckon.

I’ve seen 15 accounts on one screen, and I use 2 screens for just one account, but 8 screens is another story.

I think you should try to get two or three hi-res monitors and try to fit all the 8 acc on them, since 8 screens it’s quite much and you will need to have 1. Multiple plugs for them and 2. Too much damn space, so try using better, as I said two or three hi-res screens

1 Like

Maybe stack two super wide monitors and have four on each?

1 Like

Thanks everyone I have decided to go with 2 Samsung 49 inch curved monitors. At 1000 a piece they are super expensive but will look amazing. The CPU is a liquid cooled i7-8700k with 32 gb of 3200 ddr4 ram and a gtx 1060 as the computer will be used mostly for eve but will upgrade in the future to 2080 TI.

Holy moly…

But anyway, I think it’s graphics that needs most attention. Expensive screens should be backed up with a high end graphics board.

That sounds quite expensive blyat

Sound expensive, but nice. :sunglasses:
Also a thing that’s often overlooked is the motherboard. The best CPU and GPU does not help much if the connection between them creates a bottleneck and caps the performance.

I run 3 accounts spanned across 3 screens at max resolution and my computer has no problem handling it. I can also run Youtube/WMP and multiple browser tabs at the same time. Only problem I see for you is finding something with enough ports to plug the screens into. My other specs are:

• Motherboard: Asus ROG (can’t remember the exact model)
  • Prcessor: Intel i7-970 (8 Cores, 12Mb Cache, 3.2 GHz OC’d to 3.6 GHz)
  • RAM: 12 Gigs (can’t remember what speed)
  • Garphics Card: nVidia GTX 980 ( 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16)
  • Hard Drive: Intel SSD 520 Series
  • Operating System: Win 7 x64

Hope this helps!

I have three rigs, one of them being similar to yours. Mine has though the Ryzen 7 2700x which is better in multicore demands than the i7 8700. Rest is fine, monitors I presume are 4K, correct? Cause only with 4k it makes sense to play 4 Eve windows per monitor. So, the point is, the 1060 will be the systems bottleneck even on 1080 monitors, not to mention the 2x 4K screens. My advice is, since you obviously have a good budget, don’t waste any money on the 1060, which is a good card, but wrong for your rig anyway and especially for 2x 4K monitors. Go straight for a 2080 or 2080 ti if you aren’t waiting for AMD to bring out the 3080. As a matter of fact you could even use 2x AMD VII, one per monitor. But seriously, don’t waste 200-300 bucks on a 1060 except if you can use it on another rig later, otherwise it’s a waste.
P. S. - I’m not sure how 2x curved monitors are suited for gaming, I prefer to use the flat ones, but maybe at 49" they “surround” you well.

i think most of the GeForce RTX 2080/2070 have 4 connectors … you you would need 2 of the cards you choose … you will need quite some GB of ram with 8 chars and the new 64 bit client coming

and please dont ask me what cpu … sime i7-8X00 is needed i guess or a as good AMD Ryzen but it will cost a stack of money … maybe the AMD is better …

but it sounds like a really crazy expensive setup to just play EVE …

btw. i would go for 2x 4K screens and not for 8x fullHD

2x GeForce RTX 2080 ot 2070 should bring enough power for that

JuuR

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.