To echo what others have said, it depends on what you want to do and where you want to do it.
Personally, I enjoy nullsov. I enjoy most of what comes with it. The big brawls (wish they happened more often, but when they do they’re good), the easy isk, etc.
Can’t do that solo. Can’t even do that in a small corp, unless you’re gonna become a renter… even then, you’ve no way to assert yourself in nullsov if someone decides to come take a ■■■■ in your cornflakes.
Of course, there are a myrid of other activities in Eve, each with its own “you’re better off…” caveats.
So, what is your playstyle? I’d assume from your name you’re into wormholes; that can absolutely be a solo venture, so long as you keep the bulk of your assets somewhere more secure (remember, as soon as it enters the hole, it’s already dead).