Do you think eves population is declining or incresing and why

Remote repairing them would be even more kind of PvE.

:smirk:

Whatever CCPs focus is on, it’s not what made Eve great.

Micro transactions and a FPS nobody is interested in seems to be what CCP wants to pursue……hence why we’ve all noticed players on less and less, and using less of their alts. New ownership is certainly going to finish killing the game, they’ll just squeeze us for every cent they can before they do.

1 Like

@milkyway_miner I hope that EvE’s population increases with more considerate and friendly players and hopefully they will have a positive impact on this forum.

1 Like

Untrue.

In 2007, we used a character bazaar, where you could buy yourself a character, using isk you got selling Game Time Cards you bought for cash.

That would had been a time when not many Capsuleers trusted to use a credit card online.

Eh… not to my recollection. That’d be more like 1997. By 2007, we had the whole e-commerce thing worked out, and online credit transactions were long past the point of being something new or sketchy (e.g., I spent over $3500 on Amazon that year).

Its has been declining for years and being mitigated with fake active players counts, multiboxing, botting… etc. How do I know?
I monitor the money flowing in trade hubs and have been highly involved in Amarr and now Jita economics for many years and have been, first hand, there to see it change.
Eve is a great game but im not here to pander. Im here to help the Devs get a clue.

The character bazaar still required those characters to sit for months/years training, you weren’t injecting skillpoints directly from CCP.

1 Like

considering that PvP means Player versus Player, and thus competition…then the answer is a resounding yes!

If i had just 1 ISK for each player that i ran across that complained loudly about a rock being theirs, or an anom, etc…and then bitched and moaned for hours in local when they got told…well you are not blue(part of my tribe/group), especially if they got ganked…i would have enough ISK to plex free play all my accounts for years.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s that many players in EVE.

This is a foolish stance that some thoughtless players keep repeating. Probably because they heard someone else say it and thought it sounded real tough and edgy.

If “all competition is PvP”, then pretty much all games are all PvP all the time: since players are generally competing for drops or highest gear or good sales on market or other resources. So “PvP” becomes meaningless.

PvP is players engaged in combat with other players. Competition is competition, it can be for anything. Including shiny ribbons given out for the first person to log in each day. It’s not PvP.

Your activity says you’d have maybe a hundred ISK or so. Plex must have gotten pretty cheap lately.

2 Likes

15 yrs playing the game…you would be surprised how many players I have actually come across in game…or you might not.

1 Like

Apologies, Max. I didn’t think of it that way.

actually you are wrong…

You are wrong because of EvE’s destruction mechanics.

Look at Star Trek Online, World of Warcraft, FF14…
What do all 3 of those have in common…

I will tell you, it is all you have to do is play and wait, or swipe your card for loot boxes or what not over and over again…your stuff is never destroyed, it just keeps accumulating, even when another player blows you up or kills you.

Now in EvE, things die, and need to be replaced via PvE activity. Loot drops most of the year round are 50%, and the ship hulls disappear. This creates a Life Cycle. It also creates the reason for being competitive, fiscally or by resource control.

Now as to this…

This character has been my public face for years now, and has always been the one i use on the forums. As I am a 15yr vet however, you would be stupid to go by this characters’ Killboard.

Actually it is, even now. I have yet to run across anyone that can do what i do the way i do it and play for free.

no problem :wink:

1 Like

I returned after about half a year and I noticed few things:

• number of players online is much higher than it as around July last year
  • Jita is about 500 maybe 700 players higher than it used to be even in December I think
  • Amarr is also about 100 higher than it used to be, other tradehubs have same player counts as they used to last year
  • however I don’t see actual increase of ships out there in space, not in Jita or anywhere (high/low/null, hard to speculate about wh, but I was hacking in 4 different whs and nobody attaked me nor did I see anyone in dscan other than other explorers in t1 frigates, didn’t visit pochven yet)
  • other than Caldari, the highsec is a wasteland, of course, I didn’t visit every region, but numbers of players moving between Minmatar and Amarr space is lower than it was last year

Still probably too early to me to make judgements, but it doesn’t really feel like the numbers are real. One obvious explanation for lack of these players in space is that these extra players are just alt accounts being multiboxed…

1 Like

I don’t play much these days, but the few times I’m jumping anywhere I usually do a starmap check of “Pilots in space last 30 minutes” and sometimes Ships/Pods killed. I’ve also noticed that these numbers have generally stayed the same or gone down, especially in previously active systems like some High/Low border gates. Not the ganker/travel route/bottleneck ones as I generally don’t travel there, but ones bordering mission areas for instance.

So ‘number online’ is up compared to last year. There was a solid spike in logins after the Nov.2023 “free Omega days” giveaway, and it’s trended down from there but CCP has held on to quite a few extra players with the various things they’ve been doing this year. Kudos on those efforts to CCP, even if I personally don’t see the attraction of most of them. But at least they’re trying.

That said, I’ve just been assuming all the extra logins must be in areas I don’t venture into much. FW changes? Pochven? Null? Who knows. They can’t all be sitting AFK in NPC stations… I hope!

If you go into active FW areas you’ll find a ton of algos fleets camping plexes

Also lets not forget that much of CCPs modern design is to get people to log in on multiple characters for 15 minutes a day for their daily login rewards and 10k SP, not actually playing the game sadly. Many of them are probably alpha accounts being prepped for multiboxing as well.

1 Like

:yawning_face:

“Eve Is Dying” thread #98,253,487,652,147,455,983.

Can we stop these yet?

1 Like

It’s odd how when the player count goes down that is always regarded as real and Chicken Little dashes about with ‘the sky is falling down’…yet when the player count goes up that is somehow regarded as not real and just the result of alts and Chicken Little is equally dashing about with ‘the sky is falling down’.