Do you think eves population is declining or incresing and why

Declining in terms of players.

Increasing in term of multiboxers ( one guy with pletora of accounts ) and botters.

1 Like

Probably about the same.

Issue is stagnancy thanks to scarcity and scarcity 2.0

Oh and bots, way way more multiboxing/botting

2 Likes

Also agree

1 Like

That is physically impossible unless you’re a mind reader.

Do I think the population is declining?
I think it’s up and down depending on the day/week/month.
I don’t know why I think that. Probably because it’s logical.

It’s more the case that whenever anyone has some specific gripe about Eve they’ll cite ‘declining population’ or ’ too many multiboxers’ or any of half a dozen standard gripes from some check list. Nobody is ever able to be more specific about why they care about these issues or any detailed effect they have had on them personally. It’s usually just bored people looking for an excuse as to why they are bored…and of course it has to be the fault of the game, or everyone else, but never themselves.

1 Like

That’s a lot of words for saying
“I don’t care what anybody says, the game is A-okay/perfect and if someone complains, it most assuredly is their problem and no one and nothing else’s”
The typical corporate shill and fanboi routine.

2 Likes

They could probably sort out the bots and input broadcasting easily enough, if they had the inclination to. To be honest, I’d never heard of input broadcasting until years ago when it all blew up on here, despite gaming for at least 35+ years.

But each account ban means less cash in the bank, well until they make new ones and just carry on.

As far as multi accounting goes, my head says there should be a limit, but CCP will never put any restrictions on it due to the cash they have coming in.

According to the public records it was around $50m last tax year (or maybe the year before).

CCP says they want more co-op play yet it seems more and more players just make more accounts to do the new content solo so they don’t have to share the spoils.

I don’t know the answers, but when 20+ ships hit your system with the same name but numbered consecutively you can see the issue and why it’s difficult to impossible to compete for the content with one account, (plus one in training to use alongside my main account atm).

1 Like

That is the problem, we used to have a ‘natural’ multiboxer limiter in the game in the form of training time where you’d have to train new accounts for months before they could pay for themselves, only the most hardcore of players could invest that much time and money, months/years of sub and playtime to see returns.

Now with skill injectors you can have a fully trained scanning alt, mining alt, or plexing alt on every single one of your accounts in a matter of seconds with an investment of 10-20bil

I’ve been saying for years now that despite summer of rage we still got cancer in the game when they introduced skill injectors, and we’re starting to see the fallout of that especially when we got a sudden influx of chinese players, and chinese gamers are not like other gamers, they love P2W and unfair advantages such as botting and RMT while we abhor it.

Sadly, the cat is out of the bag, CCP would have to do massive sweeping changes to address these problems, and you can’t realistically delete and refund a decade of skill injection.

1 Like

Bro, I am so sorry people don’t want to fleet up with you. I wonder if maybe your attitude is part of the problem, I mean, if people don’t want to fleet with you, then you gotta ask yourself why? Perhaps if you complained a little less?

you might be a mind reader

maybe more people would actully like fleeting up with you if you dropped the evil troll ganker personna

2 Likes

If even more people liked fleeting up with me, just imagine how much more salty you would be. I think my charisma is OP enough!

:princess:t2:

1 Like

OK I’ll give you the short version. I don’t care what anyone says.

I’m in Eve to have fun…not to end up like some whiny Basil Fawlty…

d7108cb1e09c9a662fc242621c2a6f8d

For me it is difficult to really give an answer because it is not clear sometimes.
At times, it feels like Eve Online’s numbers increase and the game feels really populated with people from all walks of life.
Other times, it feels like the same personality managing multiple accounts simultaneously.
It is a question I would like to know the answer in ernest. How many actual players are active in Eve Online versus how many characters there are in Eve Online. For example, I’ve seen a system with four hundred in population, but in actuality it was roughly twenty players with multiple accounts logged at once.
I hope the actual population of the game is on the rise.
For all it’s twists and turns, less than coddling approach to new players, and the ever looming threat that somebody may be wanting to ruin your day is only a click away… the game has a certain charm, and why I believe people never truly leave the game. They simply go into cryo sleep indefinitely.

1 Like

Consider the surge in alts and multiboxing, and you can easily divide by half if not more the current real server population.

This game is long gone into fakemode.

It’s kind of a running joke now.

1 Like

I was surprised yesterday to see 34k people on. I’ve been away for a few months.

Nah…that would be labouring under the delusion that all people with alts are logging them in all the time. I see no evidence that’s the case. Other than the few glaring cases where someone numbers their alts from 1 to 20 and you thus know it’s the same person…there’s no real way that you can know if someone is logged in twice, for example. Even within my corp and the many people I bump into and chat with on a regular basis…most of them have no idea who my alts are. So how would some complete stranger ever know ?

Visit FW space once in a while, you’ll know we know …

Oh God no…I’d sooner have a labotomy than do PvE. Hmm, is there even a difference.

Shooting rats is a kind of pve